Atticus' Workthread - [RE-RELEASED] Updated Road Atlanta (1997) Beta - All Links on p. 1

Posted by Atticus. 
Looks awesome, thank you very much, drt01.

I tested it with a view only Quickrace and Hakkinen passed Coulthard for 3rd place right at the S/F line. There was 0.001 secs between them. I've never seen this happening before.

:-)
I updated p. 1 with the link.
thanks mate. If you like it i could do a same job for Hock ;-)

-------------- My GP4 Tracks --------------

F1 Tracks , Oval Tracks, Other Tracks
Thanks for the update, Davide :) I've just done a quickrace, and it looks very good. Would be super if you can do the same for Hockenheim.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
@drt01: That would be fantastic.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2012 02:15PM by Atticus..
great work drt01! great detail, and thanks again atticus for the .dat!
Havent tested it!... will do very soon..
Havent tested it!... will do very soon....
Looking forward to Rouen (which layout?) and the original Mexico City track.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
The 1972-1973 one below:

[racingmemo.free.fr]

This layout was introduced in 1972, but the current permanent chicane at Six Fréres was added only in 1974. In 1973 they used an interim solution. I created the 1972 layout, which contained the original sweep.

The Hermanos Rodriguez was also an interesting project. Compared to the current layout, the track was narrower, but it had unique tarmac verges all along the sidelines well past the white lines. It also had tyres used as 'kerbs' as seen on this picture till 1967.

[25.media.tumblr.com]

They were replaced by low kerbs in 1968 and I recreated the latter version.

Otherwise, Turn 1, the upper hairpin and the Peraltada were different compared with nowadays' track.

[www.gdecarli.it]

Turn 1 was probably the most difficult corner on the track with a heavily decreasing radius. The hairpin was a banked affair and it was also very slow, much like the Station and Gazométre hairpins in Monte-Carlo. Peraltada is an easier issue with 2001 downforce levels than it is today, because it had a 9-degree banking compared to nowaday's 3-degree.
As promised here is the beta layout for Hockenheim 1968. Based on gp4 original layout updated with some textures that i had in HD, plus some textures of MarioB, ginoable (monaco 1967) and Culmone67. Thanks to all.
Again many thanks to Atticus for his accurated dat.
Everybody can use this layout as base for advanced update.

Enjoy:-)

[www.mediafire.com]

-------------- My GP4 Tracks --------------

F1 Tracks , Oval Tracks, Other Tracks
absolutely stunning! great work! thank you thank thank you!
Dirt01, how about applying your fantastic talents to updating Atticus Watkins Glen?

Richard J
Drt01, thank you!:-)
Fantastic... Videos coming up on hasbriale tv .. Soon.
Thank you!!!!!!!! Davide (Y)
Thank you very much, Davide, that is simply awesome. I'm glad to see how these projects take shape. :-)

I updated the first post with the link.
Thank you davide (Y)

my YouTube Channel: [www.youtube.com]
Btw, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it was MarioB, who created Imola 1991.

I did an Imola 1973, which is an excellent low downforce affair with a complexly profiled Rivazza, but I would need his permission to release it, since I used his work as a base for my track.

I wrote him a PM a few days ago, but he did not reply.

Can anybody contact him with my request?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy