Atticus' Workthread - [RE-RELEASED] Updated Road Atlanta (1997) Beta - All Links on p. 1

Posted by Atticus. 
Thank you, guys. :)
Monza video updated on post #5.
First post updated with Hockenheim. :-)
I am currently hampered with a strickened netbook that does not seem to like GP4. Rest assured video is on the way!
and another thank you for another classic layout!
Hockenheimring (1968 Beta 0.5) video on Post #5
The old hockenheimring was such a great track! Thanks a lot for this circuit!

Now looking forward to Rouen :-)
+1

The old Ostkurve was such an underrated corner.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Great job on monza and hock. (Y)

i was thinking why you did not include this two naked dat into the gp4 original layout. This could easily improve a lot the track layout result and give others ispiration the create the old-fashioned one.

-------------- My GP4 Tracks --------------

F1 Tracks , Oval Tracks, Other Tracks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2012 03:08PM by drt01.
@klausfeldmann: My pleasure, mate.

@Turbo Lover: +2. As the old Hockenheim required a minimum drag setup, one would tackle Ostkurve with basically no aerodynamic downforce. It would be easily flat out with, for example, a Silverstone setup, but it is not the case here. It took me a while to figure out where and for how long I needed to lift the throttle. It is very much a splitsecond before the actual corner, then I'm hard on the throttle again and - ruling out confidence lifts - I just hope I will not slide off the track in the second part of the curve at 300 kmh. It was indeed a fantastic corner. I tried to model it as accurately as possible, though I think the entry was maybe a little bit less sharp.

@drt01: Thank you very much and I see your point regarding the inclusion of the .dats in the original layouts. It would be relatively easy in the case of Hockenheim, but Monza - though it is not apparent and obvious - was actually modified quite heavily. Almost every corner would need some reshaping graphically - and I literally have no idea how to edit 3D.

:-)

It's mainly because I'm actually not that interested in it. It is the feel, not the look of a track, which excites me. But if someone would like to build a 3D environment, he or she can freely use and modify these .dats, I have absolutely no problem with it. I would be happy to have helped somebody, who is very excited about the graphical part, but actually does not like the physics part that much.
Is the track banking and verge distance real or only beta and need more adjustment? and what about wall height, kerbs position, ect are they real?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2012 04:50PM by drt01.
I tried to make them as real as possible, but of course there could be some places, where it is not precise. I mainly worked from pictures and videos, not from scaled maps like I did in the case of newer tracks, like Brands Hatch or the Ricard.
Hey Atticus, can i include the hock dat file in original gp4 hock track?
Of course, it should work.

Just don't be surprised that the pit entry and exit are at their original place and that there are no kerbs on the 1968 track. :-)

I hope otherwise the .dat fits - especially at the chicanes. (I didn't try it yet.)
And guys, I know its off-topic, but as the German GP weekend is upon us and I drive this track nowadays, I checked out some historical videos about the German GP - including the 1968 F2 event at this very track, in this form, during which Jim Clark lost his life. I also watched a documentary about him.

So, I know its off-topic, but as Clark was clearly a class of his own, a tremendous driver, one of the best of all time, if not THE best, I just want to remember him with this line.

Rest in peace, Jim Clark.

This ring was cruel to him and it just reminds us that besides being an exceptional track, it was utterly dangerous as well.
My video is dedicated to Jim Clark!
Yes, it sets the mood well. Who else to represent the 60s. :-)
Atticus. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
.......... But if someone would like to build a 3D environment, he or she can
> freely use and modify these .dats, I have
> absolutely no problem with it. I would be happy to
> have helped somebody, who is very excited about
> the graphical part, but actually does not like the
> physics part that much.

here is the beta layout for Monza 1971. Based on gp4 original layout updated with some textures that i had in HD, but mainly thanks to Atticus for his accurated dat.
Everybody can use this layout as base for advanced update.

Enjoy:-)

[www.mediafire.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy