Atticus' Workthread - [RE-RELEASED] Updated Road Atlanta (1997) Beta - All Links on p. 1

Posted by Atticus. 
Atticus. Schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I regularly play the '76 layout, I'm a big fan of
> high-speed corners.
>
> Whether or not it is accurate, it is good to
> drive. How did you built the layout? Google Maps
> pics of the ring are blurred and part of the track
> is gone forever, so I assume you did something
> else.
>
> It certainly feels alright though, I like it very
> much. :)

Thanks for your kind words. Layout was based on the Österreichring track for rFactor.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Video Updated for Watkins Glen on Post # 5
:) very great tracks!
well done

:)
..... well what can I say, and after seeing your pm, I was quite intrigued, all your efforts, are ideas that Jorge and I are developing, you appear out of nowhere, with these layouts, who is a fan of fast corners Macau is undoubtedly an ultra fast track :-O, ;)hehehehehehehe, and continuing, you say to me via pm, the track of Kyalami's wrong, well, now I see you in the future to make Dijon, Long Beach, Zolder, etc. etc., until now, for you, all that was done by me and Jorge, is very bad, ok, I do not know where you want to go, but to a reasonable person, is very strange, just read my topic in the follow-up our efforts, you must be one of competition, because of me, you can run alone, you can make the party was laughing to pm you sent me, I will continue to make cars, mods, tracks and whatever else, but one thing is certain, I'm always with a smile, to watch the stupid things that are spoken here............. (B)

(H)

p.s. Kyalami it´s soooooooooooooooo flat :-O

.....ALL MY WORKS --> CLICK BELOW .....

.....WORKING on the works that give me passion.........

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2012 02:25AM by Ripping Corpse.
I laid out a release plan for the rest of my works.

My three favourite tracks are Brands, the Glen and the Ricard, so after releasing the first two, next up is the current 1A layout of Paul Ricard. It is only slightly different to the one Ripping Corpse is currently making, most notably it does not feature the Bendor Esses and therefore it's slightly quicker. That's why I chose the current layout of a track once again, because it's quicker.

Other than that, I generally prefer older layouts from the 1920-1970 period, so I began to play GPL as well last year. I found its tracks fascinating, and I thought I want to drive on them with nowadays' downforce levels. I did a couple of beta tracks from this period between December 2011 and roughly March 2012 which I also plan to release.

These are the tracks in Grand Prix Legends:

Kyalami
Ripping Corpse already did this and it is excellent, apart from Turn 2 (Barbeque Bend), which was not as tight in reality as it is in his version. Inexplicably, all the track maps from that period shows Barbeque Bend as a tighter corner besides other slight errors - it is only the photos and videos which shows the real layout of the old Kyalami. Anyway, I do not plan to release Kyalami, although I did a corrected version.

Hermanos Rodriguez - or Magdalena Mixhuca as it was called before
With the old, quicker, decreasing radius Turn 1 and the old hairpin in the middle of the course. Also, the Peraltada banking was 9° back then. Fearsome.

Monaco
Grand daddy of street tracks with a quicker Ste. Devote, even tighter Loews, reprofiled Portier, the blatantly quick old Chicane at the harbour, the return loop where now the pits reside and the final turn, the Gazométre hairpin - tighter than Loews, believe me. :)

Monza
Without chicanes of course. Slipstreaming at its purest.

Mosport
I somehow don't like this track. :D

Nürburgring
The 22km version is not possible of course.

Rouen-les-Essarts
Six Fréres, now comfortably flat-out, with the blind hairpin at the bottom of the valley. I plan to release the 1972 layout, which included some quick 'Maggotts-Becketts-Chapel-like' combinations at the back.

Silverstone
Old layout, also very quick. IMPORTANT! I need permission from n00binho to release this as I used his excellent 1990 version as a base.

Spa-Francorchamps
The 14km version is not possible of course...... but I did the 1979-1981 layout, before Eau Rouge was eased for the 1983 F1 race and Bus Stop was inserted for the 1981 bike event. Eau Rouge was fantastic.

Watkins Glen
I already released this, although not the old layout.

Zandvoort
Turbo Lover's GPL conversion is one of the best tracks I've ever driven, so I will not even try to do better. :)

Apart from the GPL tracks, I also did a few miscellaneous projects, namely Hockenheimring (without chicanes, beware Ostkurve is NOT flat-out, you can easily have a shunt :)), Suzuka (without the Casio Triangle and with the old Degner), Imola (without chicanes) and Donington Park (without the Melbourne loop). IMPORTANT! I need permission from the creator of Imola 1991 for Imola and drt01 for Donington Park, because I used their work as a base for the latter two.

I plan to release the tracks which have bold names in this post. Not today, not in one month, but here and there. Naturally, if I don't get permissions for Silverstone, Imola and Donington Park, I will not release these three.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2012 01:42AM by Atticus..
Atticus. Wrote:
>
> Monaco
> Grand daddy of street tracks with a quicker Ste.
> Devote, even tighter Loews, reprofiled Portier,
> the blatantly quick old Chicane at the harbour,
> the return loop where now the pits reside and the
> final turn, the Gazométre hairpin - tighter than
> Loews, believe me. :)

........ you have already seen the version that I and Jorge did, monaco 82 for my mod the same year, which has the fast chicane, used until 1985, or contains errors also???????????

.....ALL MY WORKS --> CLICK BELOW .....

.....WORKING on the works that give me passion.........
Ripping Corpse Wrote:
> Atticus. Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >
> > Monaco
> > Grand daddy of street tracks with a quicker
> Ste.
> > Devote, even tighter Loews, reprofiled Portier,
> > the blatantly quick old Chicane at the harbour,
> > the return loop where now the pits reside and
> the
> > final turn, the Gazométre hairpin - tighter
> than
> > Loews, believe me. :)
>
> ........ you have already seen the version that I
> and Jorge did, monaco 82 for my mod the same year,
> which has the fast chicane, used until 1985, or
> contains errors also???????????

No, that's an awesome track.

I did an earlier layout, from 1929-1971, when a lot of other corners were different.

You can see that Ste. Devote was quicker at that time, in GP4 you only needs a touch of brakes, then hope you won't end up in the wall, because - like in Paddock Hill Bend - you are steadily on the accelerator, when you hit the apex. It was modified in 1976 and it is more or less the same since then. I couldn't believe it, but I realized that Loews was even tighter back then, with an entirely different structure at Portiers, which was reprofiled around 1976. The chicane was the same as in 1982, yes. Then the cars would go up a ramp to where now the pits resides, because the Piscine complex was not built before 1967 or so. They only started to use it in 1973. They would go on to a hairpin at the end of the straight, called Gazométre, which led the competitors back to the S/F straight.

All in all, it was a much quicker track in its old days - much dangerous as well, of course. It was very different from today's layout also, not just because the chicane, but because of all the other subtle changes.

:-)

Edit: Once again, anybody could use any of my tracks for their own works to create a complete, much better track with a lot of 3D objects.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2012 11:16AM by Atticus..
When is this Monaco track going to be out?
Definitely after Ricard. I did not decide the exact order of the others just yet, but as Monaco draws interest, I could begin with that. 1-2 weeks maximum.
This is good news indeed!
First post updated.
Paul Ricard Video at: Post #5 (Y)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2012 12:02PM by hasbriale.
more great work! another classic track finally with us on GP4! thanks atticus!
thestig88 Wrote:
> more great work! another classic track finally
> with us on GP4! thanks atticus!

Thanks. :-)

After the release of that stunning Monaco 1967 track by ginoblade, I think I will not release mine. Ginoblade's version seems to be more beautiful and complete, although lacks layout accuracy at some points. Mine is still a beta after all and its main purpose would have been to provide a platform for others to create a complete track. Now that is has been done, there is no need to release mine anymore.

Instead, I will continue with the classic slipstream madness that is the 1955-1971 layout of Monza.

Contrary to popular belief, it is not just today's track minus the chicanes. Both Curva Grande and the two Lesmos were squeezed in 1994 to make a larger run-off area on the outside of the turns. I restored their original shape as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2012 01:52PM by Atticus..
Monza w/o chicanes released. See first post. :-)
yet again, exceptional! thank you!
Yeah, baby.... I will make you a video soon!
Great!I wanted extremely a no chicane Monza.

Watch my GP4 youtube videos:

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2012 08:32AM by johnbad1000.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy