2010 Testing Thread

Posted by Fincent 
Re: 2010 Testing Thread
Date: February 10, 2010 10:49AM
Posted by: Fincent
Testing begins again at Jerez today :) not been able to get any times yet but I'm sure they're out there somewhere!

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)
Date: February 10, 2010 11:00AM
Posted by: Jackal
Date: February 10, 2010 11:02AM
Posted by: Ho3n3r
Date: February 10, 2010 11:25AM
Posted by: marcl
This the the track that showed that the Mclaren had problems last year so it will be interesting to see how they go.

They seem to be the only team running this areo testing kits but they are saying nothing to worry about.
Date: February 10, 2010 11:55AM
Posted by: J i m
And even if it is something to worry about... we know that McLaren can fix a b0rked car in frightening time.

Apparently it's getting very wet at Jerez at the moment. Nico (Rosberg) quickest for BAR...duh..er Hon.. nope sorry..um Braw... wait! Merc! Whilst the other Nico (the incredible Hulk) has completed the most laps.

And Lotus have a hospitality tent up in the paddock. Presumably to keep people dry. As their car is still in the UK waiting for Trulli, Kovalainen and some guy called Fairuz to appliy fixed cheesy grins whilst pulling a cover of from it.

Date: February 10, 2010 12:25PM
Posted by: Fincent
Session red flagged due to Mark Webber stopping out on track after 47 laps.

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)
Date: February 10, 2010 12:27PM
lol @ Jim's Merc jibe. But you forgot to add Tyrrell in at the beginning of all that;)
Date: February 10, 2010 12:56PM
Virgin going on track for the first time now. Reminds me of that Madonna song.
Date: February 10, 2010 12:57PM
Posted by: J i m
Ho3n3r Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> lol @ Jim's Merc jibe. But you forgot to add
> Tyrrell in at the beginning of all that;)

That's because the only bit of Tyrrell they kept was the entry. Pretty much everything else was thrown away. Remember the Honda project led by Harvey Postlethwaite? Well a heck of lot of the staff working on that Honda car (driven by Verstappen) were Tyrrell staff.

Date: February 10, 2010 12:58PM
Honestly have no idea what you're talking about. But good for you. And I was only teasing.
Date: February 10, 2010 01:43PM
Posted by: chet
The Virgin made it out the pits abit ago. Round of applause for the first new team to leave the pits of an official test :D!

As for Mclaren's new "bird cage" it looks quite the piece of machinery!! The word going round is that its just collecting data for their sim.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: February 10, 2010 01:48PM
Posted by: danm
*pic of the bad rain that went weird*

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2010 03:01PM by danm.
Date: February 10, 2010 01:49PM
I again heard it was to compare data from their CFD system with the actual real air flow. Seems like the system still has some way to go to be 100% life-like.
Date: February 10, 2010 02:02PM
Ho3n3r Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I again heard it was to compare data from their
> CFD system with the actual real air flow. Seems
> like the system still has some way to go to be
> 100% life-like.

Well, in any case, the more data, the more reliable. I guess with this weather there is only so much useful running you can do.

After putting all sorts of devices around the car last year I guess they learnt learnt alot more about data acquisition.

edit - thats a sorry sight isnt it dan :(!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2010 02:03PM by chet.
Date: February 10, 2010 02:19PM
What was contained in the post, before dan deleted it?
Date: February 10, 2010 02:20PM
Posted by: MrMan

Webber laying down his HANS device and Helmet in front of the diffuser on purpose, or am I just assuming way too much?

Date: February 10, 2010 02:22PM
No MrMan, that's top secret stuff these days. It was done with a reason, otherwise he would have just put it back where it came from.
Date: February 10, 2010 02:26PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Speaking of diffusers, it seems Ferrari may have come up with a unique way to improve the efficiency of theirs; apparently they have changed the angle of the engine mounting.

[www.newsonf1.co.uk]

X (@ed24f1)
Date: February 10, 2010 02:36PM
[i.imgur.com]

I dont know why they both hiding them when people always manage to get pictures. Its like Toyota at Bahrain last year with the men standing in front of it. Why bother? As soon as the car hit track the cameras caught as much as needed to be seen anyway!

Date: February 10, 2010 03:20PM
Posted by: MrMan
RBR's diffuser looks a fairly simple one from the picture I've seen, but then again I'm no expert so I could be talking complete bull.

Hopefully the rain holds off for tomorrow so they can get a decent run out.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy