2010 Testing Thread

Posted by Fincent 
Re: 2010 Testing Thread
Date: February 26, 2010 04:59PM
Posted by: MrMan
Despite the reliability problems, the Red Bull's have still been able to get a good few laps in, today and yesterday. Although the frequency of the problems is worrying, none of them seem too serious.

Impressed with the pace of the STR over a long distance with heavy fuel, bit of a dark horse maybe?

Date: February 26, 2010 05:52PM
Posted by: 97kirkc
2 or 3 engine changes in quick succession isn't serious?

Date: February 26, 2010 05:58PM
Posted by: james84
Shark fin for Ferrari
[www.thef1.com]
Date: February 26, 2010 06:22PM
Posted by: EC83
97kirkc Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 2 or 3 engine changes in quick succession isn't
> serious?

Some of their engine changes have been precautionary, and anyway, at least their various problems are being addressed now, instead of during the opening race weekends.

Date: February 26, 2010 06:57PM
They still have some way to go (labelling it precautionary doesn't mean that its all fine and dandy!) they are at the moment the most unreliable except for Virgin, the car stopped out on track again today.

Date: February 26, 2010 09:40PM
Posted by: marcl
Seeing that Renault have had no problems it has to be a problem with the rbr car.
Date: February 26, 2010 11:20PM
Posted by: gav
Renault have had lots of delays and have done far less mileage than most of the established teams. Whether they are specific problems ore they're just a bit slow to get going I don't know, but they're hardly any more active than Red Bull.
Date: February 26, 2010 11:45PM
Even if you just take the engines "as is" Vettel had a 'precautionary' gearbox change today as well!

Date: February 27, 2010 02:00PM
Posted by: ralv585
Cheers Gav, Ali and Marwood!

Date: February 27, 2010 03:28PM
Posted by: rapid_f1
apparently some musings that rbr are not entirely happy with mclarens air box and little snorkel device and "cooling duct" on diffuser as mclaren call it but many think its an aerodynamic device. perhaps we may get some protesting on friday of Bahrain. Of course in testing they can run as illegal as they like.

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: February 27, 2010 05:23PM
Posted by: EC83
97kirkc Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Even if you just take the engines "as is" Vettel
> had a 'precautionary' gearbox change today as
> well!

And as has been said already, one of the very reasons for testing is to have these issues and iron them out. So RBR have been having problems, yes, but for now there's nothing wrong with giving them the benefit of the doubt at least. If they haven't improved by Bahrain, then things will be more serious.

Date: February 27, 2010 08:10PM
I noticed today that Mclaren seem to be mulling over a much more simpler front wing endplate layout:
New

Vs.
Old

Date: February 27, 2010 09:26PM
Posted by: chet
Spotted it earlier when I saw picture of the doing a pistop... I assumed because it was pitstop practice they just bolted on any old wing..

its very similar to the one they used at the end of last year. Whats worrying is that the old, well launch spec one is the fwep they tested alot last year but didnt race. Still not giving the same performance as they thought???

More pics of other updates :)

[images.gpupdate.net]

[images.gpupdate.net]

The times for the Mclaren were good today, since Button's stint was in similar length to Massa's and done at the same time it made for nice comparison...

[www.msfree.gr]

From lap 34 for Button

[www.msfree.gr]

From lap 40 for Massa.

At first glance Massa looks better but in the end I think it adds up that the two cars if head-to-head would be split only by a few seconds with Button leading, though not too sure on that :p

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: February 28, 2010 04:10PM

Out of the regular teams I think that just leaves Mercedes without one.

Date: March 01, 2010 11:04AM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
didnt catch the last few days of testing but it seems close. I still think redbull are the top team with mclaren/ferrari close behind.

also aanyone seen this? ;)

Date: March 01, 2010 11:30AM
Posted by: danm
Lol the renault guy was taking photos!

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: March 01, 2010 05:19PM
Posted by: danm
LMFAO @ red bull. Seems they have put decal stickers on the bodywork to look like exhaust exits, only to confuse onlookers and rival teams. Brilliant!

Fake Red Bull exhaust outlets exposed

The Red Bull Racing team looks to have pulled the wool over the eyes of its rivals during winter testing as it was revealed in Barcelona that stickers have been applied to the top of the rear bodywork in order to show fake exhaust outlets.

With the stick-on outlets most likely in place to distract other teams when studying the cars of Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber out on-track, they were caught on camera at the Circuit de Catalunya on Sunday by Sutton Images, the official photographic partner of GPUpdate.net.

The adhesive additions on the Renault-powered RB6 give the impression that exhausts exit the rear of the engine cover, whereas in reality the exits are on the rear floor of the car, as can be seen in the photo sequence above.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy