2010 Testing Thread

Posted by Fincent 
Re: 2010 Testing Thread
Date: February 17, 2010 03:10PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
It looks like Fauzy is without power steering today, so that won't help his pace.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: February 17, 2010 03:15PM
Posted by: harjinator
still faster and has done more laps than virgin tho...

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Date: February 17, 2010 03:40PM
Posted by: EC83
gin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> EC83 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > gin Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > me a troll? err you were the ones posting
> > > childish pictures there sherlock.
> > > Mods should really start to clamp down on
> > abusing
> > > users like you.
> >
> > My point exactly. Countless times you've posted
> > subtly inflammatory comments provoking other
> users
> > into getting annoyed at you, then you react to
> > their annoyance by trying to play the victim.
> In
> > that sense, you're the very definition of a
> troll.
> >
>
> what are you talking about, post examples? been
> taking those crazy pills again?

There are plenty of examples(including your behaviour in this thread) but I'm not prepared to post the others here since it's not relevant to the topic. Keep digging this hole for yourself long enough and other users will get as tired of your childish stupidity as I am. We're discussing F1 testing here, not your bruised ego.
Now either post on-topic, or go on making a tit of yourself and underlining your troll status. It's up to you.

Date: February 17, 2010 03:47PM
Good run from Vettel! Shame about the rain returning though, we could've done with a completely dry afternoon at least.

Date: February 17, 2010 03:53PM
Fauzy has at least managed a decent number of laps, importantly for development.

Date: February 17, 2010 04:30PM
Posted by: MrMan
Nice to see RBR showing a bit of pace, hopefully there'll be at least one proper dry day for this test.

Surprised Lotus managed as many laps as they have done, up and running quicker than Virgin were on their first day. Better conditions though I suppose.

Date: February 17, 2010 05:54PM
Yeah, the weather has been annoyingly changeable and dodgy. Still not as bad as the wash-out in Portugal last winter though IIRC.

Date: February 17, 2010 11:05PM
Posted by: rapid_f1
whats the point covering it when you can get photographers with multi thousand pound cameras?

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: February 18, 2010 12:00AM
LOL! Good point, pretty pointless really. Looks like a pretty bad attempt at covering it anyway!

Date: February 18, 2010 01:48AM
Posted by: Frantic
well... seeing Lotus results... and the other Virgin results, i know that times arent very important yet but

[WINDTUNNEL 1 - 0 CFD] ;)

Date: February 18, 2010 02:14AM
Posted by: Joe_Satriani
I thought Di Grassi did a pretty solid time last week. 1:22.9 if I'm not mistaken...was faster than Toro Rosso.
Date: February 18, 2010 11:01AM
Posted by: J i m
Virgin got their car out at the start of the the session this morning! Timo did 15 laps then binned it in the kitty litter doh!

Just went back out for another sighter lap.

Lotus are having the hydraulic issues today... dunno if it's related to power-steering. But Heikki is getting bored twiddling his thumbs.

Also the Ferrari has a technical problem which is going to take a while to sort out. Nothing serious though.

Date: February 18, 2010 11:20AM
Posted by: DaiMOn
Date: February 18, 2010 12:13PM
Posted by: Fincent
Looks like he is trying to distance himself from his McLaren past as much as possible lol and I cant blame him in the slightest. New look, new person, new approach, right? The helmet itself looks alright :) it just doesnt go with the car...

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)
Date: February 18, 2010 12:52PM
Posted by: gav
J i m
Virgin got their car out at the start of the the session this morning! Timo did 15 laps then binned it in the kitty litter doh!

LOL!

One thing I have noticed about the Virgin - it's VERY tail happy. Even in the shakedown it was power-sliding out of every corner. Even if it ends up breaking down in every race, at least they'll have had fun up until that point!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2010 12:54PM by gav.
Date: February 18, 2010 12:58PM
The good thing is though... they've finally got some reliability, They've done 30+ laps today now... which is pretty more than Timo has done since Saturday practice at Suzuka last year :P

Date: February 18, 2010 12:59PM
Kovy has just binned the Lotus, stuck in the gravel minus the front wing. Autosport are wondering out loud if they have a spare.

Date: February 18, 2010 01:32PM
Good to see Virgin - and even Lotus - making more progress. (Lotus having problems, yes, but better they get them out of the way now. With the car that is - the Kovy problems are a different matter :P) Rain sadly being a huge disruption.

Date: February 18, 2010 01:37PM
Yeah I'm kind of leaning towards driver error for the off's that Virgin and Lotus have had today.

Date: February 18, 2010 01:44PM
Posted by: msater
I admit, that Lotus looks way better on track than it did at the presentation! ;)

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy