2010 Testing Thread

Posted by Fincent 
Re: 2010 Testing Thread
Date: February 03, 2010 10:59AM
Posted by: marcl
Alonso is straight away on the pace that Massa was setting, that must worry Massa.
Date: February 03, 2010 11:06AM
Posted by: Ali
marcl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Alonso is straight away on the pace that Massa was
> setting, that must worry Massa.

Well, from one day to another...
What is true is that the car seems fast. We can always argue about the fuel weight, but I find difficult to believe that Ferrari is always running lighter thatn the opposition. That does not make much sense for Ferrari. We could believe it from Sauber, without sponsors, but Ferrari...
Date: February 03, 2010 11:18AM
Posted by: vesuvius
marcl Wrote:
> Alonso is straight away on the pace that Massa was
> setting, that must worry Massa.

why? conditions are different, car has more data to be used, fuel loads,more rubber on track etc. even Alguersuari has done 1,12,5 that tells a lot. we can only compare each driver and teams in the first qualifying. Anyway Ferrari is fast, no doubt about it but it is still early days and this is valencia were crap cars has done well in the past. Also rumours coming from the press and Christian Horner himself is that new RedBull will be something to wait and look at!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2010 11:20AM by vesuvius.
Date: February 03, 2010 11:27AM
Yes I know what you mean.

But for someone in a new team to be straight on the pace in a car that he has not driven before to be as fast as someone that spent 2 days in the car is bloody good.

It is warmer today though.
Date: February 03, 2010 11:29AM
Posted by: Ali
Well, anyway, in 2010 I think it is quite obvious that Alonso is a superb driver. If the Ferrari is as good as any other car, he is a hard to beat competitor.
Date: February 03, 2010 11:33AM
Posted by: shep34
I am not a Ferrari fan, but I would love to see Alonso go really well! Would love to see him return to his best in the Ferrari, and give Lewis Hamilton a smackin'! LOL! And while that is happening, they can both watch Mark Webber and Sebastian Vettel running off into the distance ahead of them.....
Date: February 03, 2010 11:34AM
marcl Wrote:
> Yes I know what you mean.
>
> But for someone in a new team to be straight on
> the pace in a car that he has not driven before to
> be as fast as someone that spent 2 days in the car
> is bloody good.
>
> It is warmer today though.

yes sure is but lets not forget that Massa had an accident and didnt drove f1 car seriously for 7 months! and also when checking what Schumacher did couple of days ago against Rosberg I would say that was even more impressive.
Date: February 03, 2010 11:59AM
MS had driven cars on track more resent than Nico though, plus Nico did not do the same running that MS done thats why I was not shocked.

Nico spent a lot of time doing checking etc that moring and MS ran in the afternoon when everyone went quicker :)
Date: February 03, 2010 12:03PM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
Goooo Alonso!! Great to see him right on pace with a new car and different handling I expect to his old renault.

Date: February 03, 2010 12:06PM
Alonso now sets the quickest time of the test so far - 1m11.599s

other times so far:
de la Rosa 1m12.094; Schumacher 1m12.450; Alguersuari 1m12.576; Button 1m13.783; Hulkenberg 14.410; Petrov 1m14.707

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2010 12:07PM by vesuvius.
Date: February 03, 2010 12:06PM
Posted by: gin
is there another live timing link? the old one is not updated anymore

Date: February 03, 2010 12:13PM
Posted by: lam.alex
Lol alonso has all massa setups, and in the next test massa gonna have all alonso setups, thats the way that ferrari works. I really can't believe in some things that i read in this forum. Fanaticism should be left before post
Date: February 03, 2010 02:01PM
From the N-TV Broadcast:

Ross Brawn apparently said that they have a really good car over the long runs, the guy who talked to him said that he actually said "winner car". But Brawn says that they are lacking pace over 1-lap runs (qualy) due to understeer... He thinks Ferrari has the best car for one lap...

BBC Sport's Sarah Holt in Valencia: "Lunchtime in Valencia brought an all-too-short spell of silence to the Ricardo Tormo circuit and me a chat with Ross Brawn.

"The Mercedes boss says it is still very early days but he has some revealing thoughts on his team's comparative performance:

"'It's always very difficult to judge. On full tanks yesterday (Tuesday) we didn't look too bad but we're a little bit off on pace and (there are problems with) the handling and balance of the car which we can fix for (the next test in) Jerez. We know what the problem is.

"'Of course the other teams will be progressing as well so we are reasonable, not as quick as Ferrari and Lewis looked quick yesterday so it looks like we've got a bit of work to do.'

"He went on to speak about a problem with cracking exhausts and a handling imbalance while they learn about the new tyres."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2010 02:10PM by vesuvius.
Date: February 03, 2010 03:15PM
Posted by: superchargednut
Alonso's helmet looks lovely in that Ferrari, look great together

Date: February 03, 2010 04:30PM
Posted by: prisco
any hi-res pic of alonso?
Date: February 03, 2010 05:33PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Day 3 Times

1. Alonso Ferrari B 1:11.470 127
2. de la Rosa BMW Sauber-Ferrari B 1:12.094 80
3. M.Schumacher Mercedes GP B 1:12.438 82
4. Alguersuari Toro Rosso-Ferrari B 1:12.576 97
5. Button McLaren-Mercedes B 1:12.951 82
6. Petrov Renault B 1:13.097 75
7. Hulkenberg Williams-Cosworth B 1:13.669 126

Good time by Alguersuari, while Williams seems to still struggle. Sure fuel loads must come into it, but I would be surprised if they didn't do at least one relatively low fuel run over the three days. Alonso also got ahead of Massa, but Button is behind Hamilton's time from yesterday.

Reliability has certainly been excellent in this test for most teams.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: February 03, 2010 05:41PM
Did Merc have to down tune their engine this year? The Ferrari engine at the moment seems to be doing very well.
Date: February 03, 2010 05:47PM
Posted by: senna9194
marcl Wrote:
> Did Merc have to down tune their engine this year?
> The Ferrari engine at the moment seems to be
> doing very well.

i think ferrari didn't load too much fuel...

My GPGSL Career
Date: February 03, 2010 06:01PM
All 3 Ferrari teams were fast though, yes I know its only testing.
Date: February 03, 2010 06:04PM
Posted by: chet
Not a great day for Button it seems. Aside from the 5tenths of Lewis it seemed a very stop-start day without much flow. Will be interesting to hear his comments if he or the team had any problems... 82 laps is not bad, but it is a small track.

Ferrari once again strong, but again hard to tell where they are at... Ive read from 1.12 - 1.13's like Lewis then 1.16's and of course his few laps of 1.11's.

I think by the end of the first Jerez test we might be able to build a picture of what times are done with what fuel with some degree of accuracy. At a very basic guess I would say Ferrari's 1.11's were set with say 20-30kg's of fuel whilst the 1.14-1.16's were brimmed to lower. Then again, pure simple guesses!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy