The official 2009 Belgian Grand Prix thread ***SPOILERS***

Posted by Team CLR 
...Button nowhere. Pressure getting to him.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
This is shaping up to be one hell of a race, whether it's wet or dry. Some great names not making it past Q2!

Fisi Magic

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
WOW! :O
WTF just happpened lol.

That's just amazing. GO FISI!!!
Congrats!

Awesome!! By far the biggest surprise of the year! :D I cant wait to see the fuel loads now!

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)
Brilliant! I'm still shocked lol.

Button : GTFO.
Barrichello: Time to take out your useless team mate.

Couple days ago Fisi said it would be a dream to drive the Ferrari, now he's on pole in a Force India!!

the car is on curry or something.....wow!!!

Fisi!!!!!!!! Well done FI!!!

Freakish qualy, and I think the race will be crazy. I reckon kimi will take the win, and I think the kers cars will come back in the race in a big way.

Wow!

Erm that was mega.

Kimi for the win with his Kers.
Congrats Fisico!!!
Let's hope he gets Badoer's seat from Monza on...
The only consolation for Buttons bullsh*t performance is that the RedBulls are 8th and 9th and Rubens 4th.

I am hoping for Lewis to swamp them into Les Combs.

Go Force India though. Awesome!!!! Forza Fizzy!

Anyway, had this been a normal session I probably would be crying, but good to see Giancarlo there, Rubens high and of course Nick Heidfeld and Trulli. All drivers fighting for seats next year.

For the win?

Rubens/Kimi/RedBulls.

I would still say a RedBull one-two is very likley, both are likley to be the heaviest of all in top 10... By some margine

That was unexpected :P
Hell of a qualifying! Fisi on pole. Curry power! ;)
I'd be staggered if he's not the lightest in the top 10, but still! A Force India on pole!

Got a sneaky feeling for Heidfeld in the race. He's looked strong all day. I expect he's heavier than Trulli, and unless someone further back has filled it up unexpectedly high, then I think it'll be between he, Kimi and Rubens.

Fantastic session in every way. For the championship, it just needed the Red Bulls to be higher.

Badoer was going well until he binned it. He was around half a second off Kimi and had made Eau Rouge flat! I nearly fell off my seat. He'll still be replaced by Monza, and rightly so.
Comparing Q2 and Q3 performance, ie the time difference I get this... *Not too accurate to judge fuel loads and performance but could give a rough idea.

1.641 Fizzy
1.892 Trulli
1.791 Heidfeld
1.679 Rubens
2.029 Kubica
1.68 Kimi
1.8 Glock
2.169 Vettel
1.864 Webber
2.315 Nico

Putting that in an order of pitting:

Fizzy
Rubens
Kimi
Heidfeld
Glock
Webber
Trulli
Kubica
Vettel
Nico

Basically, Fizzy had the smallest time difference from Q2 to Q3, so therefore you'd expect him to have less fuel, and therefore pit first. Like I said its based on guesswork and that every driver got the most out the car from both Q2 and Q3. Obviously it will differ, for example Button prefers a fuelled up car to a lighter one so will on most occasions under-perform on low-fuel. But yeah in all honesty I would say that is completley out, I would expect Kimi out longer, and Trulli in alot earlier. Fuel consumption is 2.25Kg/lap so ever 10Kg extra is about 4 laps extra. Works out very at roughly 1tenth slower every lap you carry.

Badoer was 1.5 seconds behind Kimi. Badoer was half a second off P15. IMO he wasn't doing well at all. He was an utter cock. His crash was the evidence that he should be replaced. I was one of the people hoping he'd get to replace Massa, but he's been one big disappointment.
chet schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Fuel consumption is 2.25Kg/lap so
> ever 10Kg extra is about 4 laps extra. Works out
> very at roughly 1tenth slower every lap you carry.

Our commentator ssid that every 10kg of fuel costs you 0.45 a lap.
Badoer dived bombed the RBR into La Source and f**ked it up. KERS and the tow meant he was in position to pass again at the top of the hill, and he f**ked it up again. He ruined the other drivers lap twice. He was an embaressment.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy