The official 2009 Belgian Grand Prix thread ***SPOILERS***

Posted by Team CLR 
Kimi the king of spa :

[img.mtv3.fi]

[www.xpb.cc]
The reason I said Jenson because he was the main man involved...

We wont agree on a difference of opinion so we'll leave it. Regardless of who the drivers involved it was a major misjudgement and should not be had at this level.

Grosjeans comments however are quite funny...

"I made a very good start, moving up to thirteenth place and I was keeping a good pace but then Button took me out at turn five and it was the end for me,"

Yeah, because you were right alongside werent you...

Button dont seem too bothered by it anyway.

"I can't believe he's blaming me. He hit me, but to be fair I don't really care. It's not really important. I didn't score any points, and that's what's important."

edit - just as laughable as grosjeans comments are Luca's thoughts :p

[www.autosport.com]

points?

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2009 07:01PM by chet.
An entertaining race all in all! A shame we could've get a few sprinkles of rain again, would've made it all the more exciting.
Fantatic result for Fisico there, although I would've loved to have seen him and Force India take the win :)

Grosjean's mistake was just a rookie error. He was trying to negotiate his first big braking point since the start, and he just misjudged it. It happens.

His comments about it afterwards are almost as hilarious as Badoer's comments about his crash in quali.

I think there should be a competition to put a user from HERE in that 2nd Ferrari for Monza if they aren't going to use MS. The winner wouldn't do any worse than Badoer has for sure, would probably know a lot more about F1 and driving the car than he does, and would be a good bit younger so would learn quicker! ;)

Speaking of that, how's the GPG.org team someone was about to set up going? ;)
@Chet - "Pussy Path": Lmao :p

Otherwise a fair good race today. I was screaming at the tv when Rubens got that Stall and Kimi used that "yee-haw" of KERS. It was a fun race compared to the previous few that we had. Spa should stay on the calender forever tbh. Sadly the organisers are thinking of alternating it with Nurburgring :(

[en.f1-live.com]

Congrats to Force India and Fisi for the podium which they long deserved after having the best car in the race today. Thankfully it wasn't Sutil at the front of Kimi or he would've definately ploughed into him at the second restart ;)

On the Run offs - I think I've got to agree with Brundle on this. It didn't even look like Kimi wanted to make the corner, he made a slight twitch to turn in on what looked like Heidfeld and then just aborted and went straight for the run off. He did the same in Fuji 08, Spa 08 and today. I'd be surprised if the FIA didn't start giving anyone penalties who go onto the run off to gain advantage. I mean we currently have the corner cutting penalty and now the drivers should just formally agree upon not blasting through the run offs.

Another thing was how lucky Kimi was with Kubica! :o! I mean that would've just given him an absolute puncture. On the crash at top of the hill, it started with Grosjean just messing up his breaking points from the looks of things and then hit Button and he ended up taking him and Alguersuari went into Hamilton. Fun race today though :D

vesuvius Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Kimi the king of spa :
>
> [img.mtv3.fi]
> vat/kuljettajat/2009osa2/783107.jpg

Kimi looks like an Alien in that ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2009 09:54PM by Monza972.
:o

That would be terrible news :(!!!!

Onboard from Rubens abit more telling imo about the Grosjean-Button incident.

How on earth Grosjean can claim Button hit him is just amazing. The guy is seriously quick but needs to get real, cant even come to admit his mistake. From Hamiltons onboard you can very very clearly see the smoke from Grosjeans lock up... We all know what happens when you lock the front inside... You tend to go straight!

Watching Kimi, he could have still had Nick up to Eau Rouge imo if he had not used the run-off. Lewis just looked horribly unlucky there! Extra careful through La source and Les Combs.

[www.auto-motor-und-sport.de]

Jamie critical of Romain also.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2009 10:13PM by chet.
geat arce, Kimi was detemined to get the win in the first lap and it was amazing to watch, and Fisi drove an amazing race as well, the car was obvioulsy good, but Fisi deserves a lot of credit for this, and this year with those slick tyres he's been driving really goood and beating Sutil constantly

feel sorry for Alonso because he was driving that thing to it's limit, and for Trulli, can't think how frustrated he felt when Badoer pulled away ont he straights because of the Kers... but still if anyone would've said that a Force india and a Ferrari will be battling for the Spa win i would've laugh

If jenson looses this championship he can't blame anyone but himself, he better get his act together he might not have another chance

Monza972 Wrote:
> Another thing was how lucky Kimi was with Kubica!
> :o! I mean that would've just given him an
> absolute puncture.

said it once and i say it again that Kubica is wreckless, i remember his first suzuka race he was all over the places, and he always puts himslef in dangerous situations, that is the kind of driving that leads to big accidents like the one he had at Canada, he might play too much GP4 but real life is a different thing, in China he run over Trulli again and here he didn't care that Kimi was breaking down he was just going at it. crazy driving i think
Slash Wrote:
> Monza972 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Another thing was how lucky Kimi was with
> Kubica!
> > :o! I mean that would've just given him an
> > absolute puncture.
>
> said it once and i say it again that Kubica is
> wreckless, i remember his first suzuka race he was
> all over the places, and he always puts himslef in
> dangerous situations, that is the kind of driving
> that leads to big accidents like the one he had at
> Canada, he might play too much GP4 but real life
> is a different thing, in China he run over Trulli
> again and here he didn't care that Kimi was
> breaking down he was just going at it. crazy
> driving i think

But Kubica has the racers instinct. He was looking at the gap on the right of Kimi and getting ahead due to him having nothing to loose, he wasn't fussed up at all about it. Thankfully he realised Kimi on the left otherwise it would've been another carnage. If anything DID happen, it would've probably put down a racing incident. But it was a little surprising it didn't cut the tyre.
chet Wrote:
> :o
>
> That would be terrible news :(!!!!

what would be terrible news? lol

>

>
> Onboard from Rubens abit more telling imo about
> the Grosjean-Button incident.

thx for this video chet, you can compare the strats of the Brawns, Ribens releases both hands at the same time while Jenson seems to release the clutch a bit later, if that has something to do with Rubens bad start (and i think it does) then i don't think he can blame anything else
Looking at that video again, Grosjean had Jenson in his blindspot so there's no way he would've known whether he was there or not. Plus with other cars right in front of him slowing down due to the scramble in front of him he'd have tried so hard not to get hit. That chain reaction accident has a load of variables
Luca di Montezemolo called Stefano Domenicali immediately after the Belgian GP as a very satisfied man. "I'm very content with this victory," said the Ferrari Chairman on the official website from the Prancing Horse. "I'm happy for Domenicali, for the whole Team and for our fans. Over the last four Grands Prix, starting with the Nürbugring, we have always been on the podium. Today Kimi drove an excellent race, demonstrating his talent on the most beautiful track of the Championship. They really made me a nice present for my birthday."

Dyer: "Today, the F60 was not the best car, but the team work and the talent of the driver produced the win and that's what counts."

"Results from last three races has become first of all thanks to Kimi's fantastic driving."

Domenicali: "Kimi drove an amazing race today"

www.ferrari.com

from Turun Sanomat [www.ts.fi]

what did Kimi said on radio after the finnish line?

Andrea Stella: Thanks for everybody, great day.Stella remembered easily

-we have only been able to be on podium if we run without problems and faster teams have some problems.In my mind it's all down to Kimi what has made the difference for us in these last few races.

will the podium places continue at Monza?
-it will be even more difficult there because our car is not the amongst the fastest ones and we have difficulties on tracks where car have to be good over the kerbs, we will only get to the podium if others have problems said Stella.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2009 11:32PM by vesuvius.
chet Wrote:
> We all know what happens when you lock the front
> inside... You tend to go straight!

He only locked his wheel when Button started closing the gap. Still not defending him as such, but you can certainly see what he was attempted - just following Heikki through, at least to apply pressure to Button, if not pass him - then the gap he was aiming for just disappeared. Not sure what he was supposed to do once he'd committed to the move to be honest.
At one point during the race I was damn sure Fisi would overtake Kimi and stay there. Incredible performance from him and Force India!

I'm kind of dissapointed with Rubens's result. He missed a great opportunity to take advantage of Chet's helmet theory. ;)

Um dois três quatro cinco seis sete oito nove dez
Eins zwei drei vier fünf sechs sieben acht neun zehn
One two three four five six seven eight nine ten
Один два три четыре пять шесть семь восемь девять десять
Lex Wrote:
> At one point during the race I was damn sure Fisi
> would overtake Kimi and stay there. Incredible
> performance from him and Force India!
>
> I'm kind of dissapointed with Rubens's result. He
> missed a great opportunity to take advantage of
> Chet's helmet theory. ;)

I think Chet should really tell him that. Chet tweet him at @The_Real_JB. :)
I know this isn't directly related to what you guys have been talking about in the last few pages, but I thought the BBC commentary from Legard (and I'm afraid to say Brundle as well) was absolutely terrible this weekend! So bad infact that I resorted to changing the audio stream to Five Live for the first time this season during a race, and I couldn't believe the improvement! Croft and Davidson bounce off each other brilliantly and have a flow between them whereas Legard doesn't make the races seem entertaining or exciting in the slightest and is always speaking over Brundle. He's always stop start as well, leaving long gaps often and just churns out irrelevant data "track temperature is this, ambient temperature is that" about three times a lap. There's overtaking going on and he's like "and who have we got here? he's got through..." and Brundle says "that's heidfe-" and then Legard starts up again "he's got through and moved up another place, but is it good enough?". Aaaagh!

I can tell Brundle is getting fed up, he doesnt sound anywhere near as enthusiastic as he used to :( . I advise all people watching in the UK to press red and listen to FiveLive commentary, you don't know what you're missing :)

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)
on kimi's move: for me it's clear that he goes out to avoid the collision, but by doing this he overtakes trulli, and gains a position, then defends it.

with less traffic, he should had braked and left the place to trulli who had the right line.

anyway, braking or going out the track are both ok, but after this he MUST give back any advantage gained.

in this case, it doesn't matter if the corner is shorter or longer, or if one gains or loses time compared to a normal lap, kimi was faster running wide that trulli staying on track. the rules are clear, this is illegal and must be punished with a drive-thru.

what is not clear is why the stewards sometimes punishes this and other times they don't even investigate it.

on the other hand, great race for kimi and fisico! the kers did made the difference.

alonso, hamilton, alguersuari and trulli so much bad luck...
Fincent Wrote:
> I know this isn't directly related to what you
> guys have been talking about in the last few
> pages, but I thought the BBC commentary from
> Legard (and I'm afraid to say Brundle as well) was
> absolutely terrible this weekend! So bad infact
> that I resorted to changing the audio stream to
> Five Live for the first time this season during a
> race, and I couldn't believe the improvement!
> Croft and Davidson bounce off each other
> brilliantly and have a flow between them whereas
> Legard doesn't make the races seem entertaining or
> exciting in the slightest and is always speaking
> over Brundle. He's always stop start as well,
> leaving long gaps often and just churns out
> irrelevant data "track temperature is this,
> ambient temperature is that" about three times a
> lap. There's overtaking going on and he's like
> "and who have we got here? he's got through..."
> and Brundle says "that's heidfe-" and then Legard
> starts up again "he's got through and moved up
> another place, but is it good enough?". Aaaagh!
>
> I can tell Brundle is getting fed up, he doesnt
> sound anywhere near as enthusiastic as he used to
> :( . I advise all people watching in the UK to
> press red and listen to FiveLive commentary, you
> don't know what you're missing :)

I also want to switch to the 5Live commentary but I miss the commentary from Martin and Ted who's there at the right time and has the info. 5Live gets delayed news due to Holly needing to go there and getting info
I think I already have about the helmet!

Maybe send it into FP1 at Monza to Davidson to tell Button to change it. If enough of us text in or tweet them they will read it out im sure :p.

Gav, being in font Button had every reason to close the gap (Grosjean nowhere near close enough alongside for JB to leave as much room as he actually did). It's kinda annoying we have no footage from Grosjeans onboard. The cameras all record so somewhere there must be. I guess Renault and the FIA have it though. It would answer any questions we want to know.

Slash, didnt realize that! Good spot! Jenson quite steady it looked like it and Rubens was off it instantly! I though though you could do that providing you had the revs. It is an automatic clutch. The anti-stall jumps to take over if the driver does not input enough revs. If not high enough the system automatically engages the clutch again so you dont stall. So I dont think it was about how Rubens released the clutch, but that he didnt have enough revs. Something needs to be done because it's made Brawns job more difficult. The team and both drivers lost out because of it.

I resorted to changing the audio stream to Five Live for the first time this season during a race

My finger was on the button ready to do it before the race but I just somehow cant bring myself to leave Brundle lol! I convinved myself Valencia was my last race with Legard but at the cost of losing even a poor performing Brundle I just couldnt do it lol! Next time, if someone else can take the plunge I can too!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2009 12:58AM by chet.
I see what ya mean there but Legard doesnt give Brundle a chance to talk anymore, lol, and getting pit info a little bit late is more than made up for by compelling, engaging and fluent commentary :)

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy