The official 2009 Belgian Grand Prix thread ***SPOILERS***

Posted by Team CLR 
Upside, 1.1seconds covering 19 cars.

Downside, Brawn (specifically Button) couldnt be slower in S2 if they tried... Only FP but the fact that RedBull pretty much stayed top for the whole session and Brawn stayed lower half of bottom does not bode well.

Brawn looks good for Monza though :p

Rosberg the other suprise.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
chet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Rosberg the other suprise.

If you are talking about surprises, Grosjean has to be up there. 5th and 5 tenths up on Alonso is very impressive, regardless of fuel loads or tyres.

He has shown quite a lot of potential so far, I think he could be a chance at some points in the next few races.

Also, apart from F1, he is still working part-time at a Geneva bank! ;)

X (@ed24f1)
Agreed. I will admit, he's doing a better job than Piquet so far it would seem... I personally didnt think he was upto the task at all but im not often right :p

Looking at the sector times, the RedBull car, RBR and STR look mindblowing through S2. Top 6 in S2 filled with Toyota's, and RedBulls. Toyota were pretty handy at Spain if I remember right?? Good in S1 and S2 but lost alot in S3. Brawn, well Jenson a full 1.3 off Webber in S2, but through S1 and S3 in total 5tenths up. Crazy!

@ chet : Toyota were average at Barcelona. In quali, Glock was P6 and Trulli P7, with fairly light fuel levels. In the race, Trulli was out at turn 1 while Glock was an unimpressive 10th.

Bring back the racing
I suspect Brawn are just running less wing than the others. They're up on the straights and down where the downforce matters. If it's not the wings, then it's the general car itself, but the end result is the same.

I'm sure some of it is the old Brawn quicker in the slower stuff, slower in the quicker stuff, but not to that extent.

And their tyres certainly seem to be working fine. It's the 1st and 3rd sectors you'd expect them to be struggling more if the tyres weren't working, so it does indeed look like they've got that problem finally sorted or at least minimised.
[www.fia.com]

Brawn pace appauling compared to RedBull. Button's gonna rue his shite qualifying effort at Valencia and a possible podium. On Sunday it looks like he and Brawn could lose a heap load of points.

Best bit about that PDFophile is it shows Luca can't even turn those terrible times consistently.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Nice one by Ferrari having Bianchi right behind Luca's car, even when he's in the garage, Luca still has to look in his mirrors...

Bianchi would be a very cool replacement ^^

F1Champs.net - F1 Manager Game (WIP)
Hi, Where can i watch freeprac/ satpractice? thx!

Badoer not flat through eau rouge :(
Let down.

Webber's now got some sort of engine gremlin - not good for the team.

EDIT: he needs a new engine before qualifying, hopefully this doesn't hinder him too much.

X (@ed24f1)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2009 12:01PM by SchueyFan.
They've all put new engines in anyway, I wonder if its an outrigh failure??

Brawn still do not look like they can threaten the top 8 imo. This morning was considerably cooler than yesterday, but its due to heat up abit for qualifying. Still I think Brawn will be lucky to see both cars in final part of qualifying. Might just be an anxious view from a fan though...

RedBull on the back foot? Pah! They'll be as strong as ever in qualifying. They're just trying to make a show and make it seem its harder than it looks for them :p

Kimi and Lewis look best to stop a 1-2 though. Grosjean looking ever better. Alonso not has not really made an impact here, I almost forgot he was racing until I saw his name near the bottom!

edit, RedBulls engine gremlins, anyone reckon its Mclaren all over again? The STR runs visually more cooling, could the RBR be running too close..? Also I hope the thinner nose is to stay!! Looks so much better! Nice new front wing too!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2009 12:28PM by chet.
chet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They've all put new engines in anyway, I wonder if
> its an outrigh failure??
>
> Brawn still do not look like they can threaten the
> top 8 imo. This morning was considerably cooler
> than yesterday, but its due to heat up abit for
> qualifying. Still I think Brawn will be lucky to
> see both cars in final part of qualifying. Might
> just be an anxious view from a fan though...

Brawn are fine. Of their real rivals for the race, the only car ahead of them was Hamilton's, who was a single tenth faster than Button. The BMWs, Force Indias and Toyotas, while much improved, won't expect to be ahead of Brawn when it comes down to it.

Brawn are fine. :)
Oh, that cloud coming over the pits area looks juicy. Rain during quali maybe?

Lucky Button! Too close! Good lap for Rubens, but not confident at all for both getting into Q3 :(

Wow, fantastic Q1. Great to see Force India up there, go Fisi! Brilliantly competitive quali so far.

And Badoer, ZOMG!

Badoer is now so bad that he is effecting everyones weekend. What a complete mess.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Nice Q1 from the Force Indias. Fisi's doing himself a favour with his prospects for Ferrari.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy