Singapore GP Thread ***SPOILERS***

Posted by turkey_machine 
Re: Singapore GP Thread ***SPOILERS***
Date: September 28, 2008 09:59PM
Posted by: Renault#1Fan
Well since Schumacher and Brawn left, Ferrari suck. They almost lost last years title, and if they lose this years its their own fault, they just keep screwing up, they have the best equipment, but by no means are they the best team.

Also, YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Renault Won :P
Date: September 28, 2008 10:25PM
Posted by: watercolours
Even the fuel hose was not stuck on Massa's car, his race would have been ruined. Because apart from the fuel hose issue, his release from pits is an error. And he got the penalty not because of fuel hose, but because of jumping in front of FI. So, with fuel hose or not, Massa's race was already ruined.
Date: September 28, 2008 10:41PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Some Germans are saying that the German TV channel Premier showed Piquet spinning on the parade lap!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 28, 2008 10:51PM
Posted by: Isaint
Keep it up Ferrari ...... how to lose a Championship in six months, without any help from the competition?

Why ..... just blow it! That's all.

Date: September 28, 2008 10:58PM
Posted by: BAR#10
[www.autosport.com]
Toyota protest against Vettel' pit release, claim it was unsafe.

GPGSL career;
Current team: Team ShadowSubaru, Previous teams: MPR, Minardi
starts:100 Wins: 12, Podiums: 34, Fastest Laps: 14, poles: 12 Points: 708
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP
Date: September 28, 2008 10:59PM
Posted by: Nickv
[www.autosport.com]

Stewards reject protest.
Date: September 28, 2008 11:02PM
Posted by: Sapo
Did they really said that quote in your sig to Alonso BAR#10? If so, Renault really are champions of the teamradio's, always telling there drivers without b*llshit what;s the current situation and what they should do or do not in a very human and simple way :)

Some say... he's even smaller than 20kb.
And some say... he's so offensive he could get you into trouble...
The only thing we know is that he's called...

THE SIG

Felipe Massa, World Champion 15:34:11pm- 15:34:21pm.
Date: September 28, 2008 11:07PM
Posted by: BAR#10
Yep, that's what I heard, don't have it on tape though.

They initially thought they got the penalty, but obviuosly FA was in the pits before the accident happened at all.

Also, it could have been about not knowing how much fuel others have.

GPGSL career;
Current team: Team ShadowSubaru, Previous teams: MPR, Minardi
starts:100 Wins: 12, Podiums: 34, Fastest Laps: 14, poles: 12 Points: 708
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP
Date: September 28, 2008 11:09PM
Posted by: Joe_Satriani
Yeah, they really did say that to him :) Renault's computers weren't working properly I think, so they just went ahead and told Alonso to makes things clear, hehe.
Date: September 28, 2008 11:09PM
Posted by: sasjag
yeah they said it, about not knowing who had stop/go's, who was where and who had what fuel. was great :D

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: September 28, 2008 11:16PM
Posted by: marcl
I did not know massa had a flat tyre as well before the 2nd stop until I read the reviews.

Tbh I though lewis should have gone after nico more but looking back at it i think he done the right thing, he would have looked silly going off or crashing. Massa was not going to score so it was better to get 6 points than none.

Was the same when passing DC he did not take any risks, he did not try any silly moves.

A year ago I think he would have gone for it no mater what the cost.

Lewis could well have this championship won before brazil now.
Date: September 28, 2008 11:19PM
Posted by: EC83
Loving the computer generated Massa image. Sweeeet.

EPIC FAIL yet again from Ferrari's damn pit system. I don't know why they don't just ditch it, it's done their title challenge more damage now than it can possibly do good.

Renault#1Fan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well since Schumacher and Brawn left, Ferrari
> suck. They almost lost last years title, and if
> they lose this years its their own fault, they
> just keep screwing up, they have the best
> equipment, but by no means are they the best
> team.

Totally. I bet Michael wishes he could just jump in, start driving again and sort the team out that way ASAP, out of sheer exasperation...

No surprise RE No penalty for Vettel. He/Toro Rosso did nothing remotely wrong.

Date: September 28, 2008 11:36PM
Posted by: airefresco
Marco1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> On Massa, Although he has had a better than normal
> (for him) season, he should be booted from that
> seat. He has been at ferrari for three years.

I still don´t agree with you. Massa has improved every year. The first year as you say yes he did make mistakes, but he was a clear number two to Schumacher, so he was never going to do anything special. Last year he was off/on all season. However this year, he has had some stunning drives, Hungary for example. Forget Silverstone and the first few races, other than that he´s been brilliant. He´s never been and never will be a Senna or Schumacher, but right now he´s the best guy for the job, simple because he´s tries to improve, unlike Kimi and you can tell he just really wants to do well in a Ferrari.

There was no point in him trying keep Hamilton back in Hockenheim, he was just too quick. To me that makes him a better driver, because he actually thought it through.

All them people you have named as possible replacements have all made as many mistakes as Massa this season, if not more.
Date: September 29, 2008 12:10AM
Posted by: matt3454
Massa would be comfortably ahead of Hamilton if he didn't recent bad luck (today and Hungary)

Date: September 29, 2008 12:25AM
Posted by: airefresco
Exactly. By the way, I´m not a Massa fan or anything. I just think credit is due.
Date: September 29, 2008 12:27AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Credit where its due, and criticism where it is due too. Remember the embarrassment that was Silverstone?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 29, 2008 01:15AM
Posted by: Joe_Satriani
Or that fail at Malaysia where he lost it and put the car on the gravel trap...
Date: September 29, 2008 02:00AM
Posted by: Rodrigo007
just good points to show he makes good comebacks after these kind of results
Date: September 29, 2008 02:06AM
Posted by: SexySam182
Just finished watching the race.

And HELL YEAH! Well done Nando! Fortunate to find himself in that position, but once he was there no one could touch him for pace. Brilliant, well deserved, cements what everyone has been saying about him driving stunningly this year.

Ferrari, what a shambles. Its as if they dont want Massa to win the title. They are a mess right now.

James Allen, prick as usual.

And this must sting for Bruninho, not only did Singapore produce a great race, Piquet showed he has no right to be in F1 again.

Date: September 29, 2008 02:44AM
Posted by: J i m
I don't think there's been a more comical Ferrari pit stop since 1999 when they tried sending Irvine out on 3 wheels at the Nurburgring!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy