Posted by Frantic 
Re: 2008 Season
Date: November 27, 2007 01:18AM
Posted by: Frantic
Well, Luca Baldisseri said that the next Ferrari will be a F2007 evolution

Date: November 27, 2007 05:55PM
Posted by: Damas
On the 2nd McLaren seat. As I've been reading through topics, both here and in the news surrounding Alonso, I've been hit by a thought that nobody seems to have mentioned yet and wonder what you guys will make of this?

If Alonso ends up a Red Bull (as Dietrich Mateschitz has now confirmed that he is in talks with him) what about Coulthard to McLaren?

He has bags of experience, knows the way the team works, has worked with some of the engineers, is driving (in my opinion) better than ever. He would be a far better option than Giancarlo, Ralf or even current incumbent Pedro de la Rosa if McLaren are looking for experience.

I've heard people mention Webber to McLaren but if I were Ron I'd much prefer Coulthard.

What do you think?
Date: November 27, 2007 06:21PM
Coulthard to McLaren is good for me, but i don´t know how finished the relationship in 2004. Other possibility is Alonso and DC to red bull and Webber is going to Renault ;)

Date: November 27, 2007 06:27PM
Posted by: Muks_C
well the boss of Red Bull has said Alonso is not a possibility for either of his teams: Click

plus DC and Webber have both said they are both certain of staying at RB for '08.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2007 06:27PM by Muks_C.
Date: November 27, 2007 06:49PM
But Webber is an Alonso friend and he can leaves his seat to go to other team and let Alonso run. The problem is that there are a few empty seat in F1

EDIT: the most probably thing is Alonso to Renault

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2007 06:52PM by Frantic.
Date: November 27, 2007 07:54PM
Posted by: Damas
Muks_C Said: "well the boss of Red Bull has said Alonso is not a possibility for either of his teams"

I'm going off this information from F1 Live [en.f1-live.com]

I know Red Bull have been denying this for some time but surly this throws new light onto the subject?

I admit it's against the grain slightly but as this where we discuss all the possibility's for the 2008 season I thought it best to throw this into the debate. After the Button-gate saga we all know that contracts are not worth the paper they are written on

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2007 07:58PM by Damas.
Date: November 27, 2007 08:02PM
Posted by: Muks_C
both that story and the one i posted says he isn't looking for Alonso for '08, but for '09 with at least a 2 year deal, but Alonso only wants a 1 year deal so he can possibly go to Ferrari somehow in '09. who knows.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2007 08:02PM by Muks_C.
Date: November 27, 2007 08:15PM
Posted by: stipe
I can't imagine Alonso in Ferrari. I think that posibility that Alonso go to Ferrari are same as Schumy go to McLaren.
But who knows, this is silly world caled F1 :)
Date: November 27, 2007 08:25PM
And Di Montezemolo likes Alonso, but if Raikkonen continues in Ferrari is hard to see

Date: November 28, 2007 12:38PM
Posted by: Ali
I think that there is a real connection between Ferrari and Alonso for 2009 (or maybe BMW). If not, is has no sense the need of a single year contract that Alonso is looking for.

I think Ferrari likes Alonso and vice-versa. He is probably the best driver and I would consider serious that Ferrari interest for having the best one. Although I think that Ferrari, if contracts Alonso for 2009, will look for a similar structure than Schumi-Barrichello, that is, a number 1 and a number 2.

By the way, it could be funny to see Alonso in a Red Bull!! A fun year (or at least is how he should consider it) for him if finally end up there.
Date: November 28, 2007 12:50PM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
Kimi has a contract for 2008 and 2009, massa for 2008, 2009 and 2010, how can alonso possibily drive for ferrari then in 2009? some people seems to struggle to think logic.

Date: November 28, 2007 01:03PM
Posted by: gin
Iceman-Kimi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Kimi has a contract for 2008 and 2009, massa for
> 2008, 2009 and 2010, how can alonso possibily
> drive for ferrari then in 2009? some people seems
> to struggle to think logic.

I agree, I think someone has started this rumor and others are just repeating it without thinking it through........

Date: November 28, 2007 01:41PM
Posted by: gav
I'm not convinced Alonso will be at Ferrari in 2009, but contracts aren't worth jack. Even the scrabbling over the mid-field runner Button has proved that. The higher up the grid you go, the less they mean. Money can buy you just about anything in F1.
Date: November 28, 2007 01:44PM
Posted by: vesuvius
I don't keep Alonso as a best driver,one of the best but not the best ..like last year he made lot's of errors and there is no way he will drive Ferrari before 2010 ..Kimi will be there 2008 and 2009 and will most likely then end his career in F1 and Massa will be there also 2008,2009 and 2010 and Marc Gene said yesterday that Ferrari always honours their contracts.
Date: November 28, 2007 01:50PM
Posted by: casabonka
Iceman-Kimi Wrote:
> Kimi has a contract for 2008 and 2009, massa for
> 2008, 2009 and 2010, how can alonso possibily
> drive for ferrari then in 2009? some people seems
> to struggle to think logic.

Logic? Has anyone forgotten Alonso had a contract with McLaren for 2008?
Date: November 28, 2007 01:59PM
casabonka schreef:
> Iceman-Kimi Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Kimi has a contract for 2008 and 2009, massa
> for
> > 2008, 2009 and 2010, how can alonso possibily
> > drive for ferrari then in 2009? some people
> seems
> > to struggle to think logic.
>
>
> Logic? Has anyone forgotten Alonso had a contract
> with McLaren for 2008?

Yes, but he had problems with Mclaren, Massa and Kimi dont have with ferrari, so yes people dont think logical.

Date: November 28, 2007 02:03PM
Posted by: IWE
@casabonka

vesuvius Wrote:
> and Marc Gene said yesterday that Ferrari always
> honours their contracts.

:P

Btw about next week testing. "Ferrari doesnt want people to compare Kimi and Schumi", so unlike fans were hoping they wont be driving at same day. Kimi drives at thursday and MS at friday.

To me it seems more like Icemans' cover is breaking when he is smelling stronger competitor, because comparisation beetween them will happen anyway.. ;)

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: November 28, 2007 02:15PM
or the other way around, that schumi doesnt want to test next to kimi, so we can stop speculating, cous it can be 2 ways around.

Date: November 28, 2007 02:28PM
Posted by: vesuvius
IWE Wrote:
> @casabonka
>
> vesuvius Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > and Marc Gene said yesterday that Ferrari
> always
> > honours their contracts.
>
> :P
>
>
>
>
> Btw about next week testing. "Ferrari doesnt want
> people to compare Kimi and Schumi", so unlike fans
> were hoping they wont be driving at same day. Kimi
> drives at thursday and MS at friday.
>
> To me it seems more like Icemans' cover is
> breaking when he is smelling stronger competitor,
> because comparisation beetween them will happen
> anyway.. ;)

Kimi will test 4th and 5th decemeber because he will go to independence party of Finland 6th december and to FIA gala 7th december .Schumi will test 6th and 7th day because then Bridgestone will test those slick tyres and schumi has expirience about those.
Date: November 28, 2007 02:33PM
Posted by: Joe_Satriani
Oh, I'm 100% that it's Schumacher that doesn't want to drive the same day as Kimi. He has said before he would like to go head to head with schumi in the same car...in fact, he was looking forward to driving with him in Ferrari as teammates.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy