2008 Season

Posted by Frantic 
Re: 2008 Season
Date: November 07, 2007 08:12PM
Posted by: Sapo
Hehe, i guess the will be quite equal, as Davidson is as overrated as Jenson, or maybe more. ;)

Some say... he's even smaller than 20kb.
And some say... he's so offensive he could get you into trouble...
The only thing we know is that he's called...

THE SIG

Felipe Massa, World Champion 15:34:11pm- 15:34:21pm.
Date: November 12, 2007 10:37PM
Posted by: Frantic
Sato scored points in this season with the same car and davidson not, but Sato has more experience :)

Date: November 12, 2007 10:48PM
Posted by: gav
I don't think you could say Sato was any better than Davidson though. 1 generally out-performed the other by equal amounts in different weekends. It was just luck of the draw which way the points fell.
Date: November 12, 2007 10:58PM
Thats why I say that Sato has more experience. It´s similar than Heifield - Kubica

Date: November 13, 2007 01:37AM
Posted by: Fincent
Interesting to see that the thread starter hasn't removed Alonso from McLaren yet ;) lol.

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)
Date: November 13, 2007 07:25AM
Posted by: IWE
Maybe he have 'inside' information.. :P

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: November 13, 2007 07:25PM
Line-up Updated

Date: November 19, 2007 01:29PM
Posted by: Muks_C
you can update Toyota, Timo Glock has been confirmed as the 2nd driver: [news.bbc.co.uk]

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: November 19, 2007 04:02PM

Date: November 19, 2007 08:13PM
Going with the rules:

CDG System will be introduced
No TC next year
Standard ECU for all the teams
Gearbox will run 4 races
Aerodynamics limitations
Motors frozen for 10 years

Date: November 19, 2007 08:22PM
Briatore is quoted as saying that Renault's line up will be confirmed between today and the day after tomorrow (that's Wednesday by my calculations).

Circuit Thermalito

Date: November 19, 2007 08:24PM
Posted by: Nickv
You have calculated well :P

Briatore also said that it's 60% certain that Alonso will return to Renault.

And it's 100% sure that the CDG wing won't be used next year. I can't remember if it was postponed or cancelled totally though.
Date: November 19, 2007 09:05PM
I readed that if CDG wasn´t introduced in 2008, then will appear in 2009, after the Concordia pact end, but it is running until 2012

Date: November 19, 2007 09:11PM
At a meeting in May 2006, a majority of the teams voted to scrap the plan to restrict engine development. However, within a few days Max Mosley stated that the homologated engine rule would remain.
Bernie Ecclestone will propose a change to the current points system, giving more advantage to the winner.
Improved cockpit protection
Additional grooves to be added on rear tyres

That are possible new rules, the last 2 not sure if are real

Date: November 19, 2007 10:10PM
Posted by: mikef1
I'm all in favour of the winner getting more than just 2 measley points over second place.
I also think that the front of current F1 cars look too delicate for my liking so any improvements in that area are welcome, just looking at those pictures of Robert Kubica's feet through the BMW cockpit after his terrible crash shows how cockpit safety is far from perfect.
That rev limit must go if we are to see more overtaking next year imo but i haven't seen any indication of it going so i guess we're stuck with it now.
More grooves on rear tyres with no TC could potentially cause problems, especially for some of the less smooth drivers.
Date: November 19, 2007 11:37PM
yes but in 1982 didier pironi had a terrible accident and it´s a miracle that he doesen´t lost his right leg...

Date: November 20, 2007 09:53AM
Posted by: gav
Frantic Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> yes but in 1982 didier pironi had a terrible
> accident and it´s a miracle that he doesen´t
> lost his right leg...

Better example is Paletti (into the back of Pironi's car, ironically), who's legs were the least of the worries. :(

Still, there's been some massive frontal crashes since 1995, and I believe it's only Kubica's which has exposed his feet. There is work to be done, but it's come on leaps and bounds. What worries me is how a car would react if a car was hurtled into the catch fencing. NASCAR and IRL cars from the recent past have been absolutely torn apart, thankfully just about keeping the survival cell intact. I'm not convinced an F1 would cope as easily.
Date: November 20, 2007 10:02AM
Posted by: mikef1
Or poor Mark Donnely who nearly died after his car fell apart at Jerez 1990.

The cars just get skinnier every year, compare an average F1 car today to ten years ago and you can see just how compact they have become, despite the fact that impact testing has been made more vigorous since then.

I also am concerned at how an F1 car would deal with being thrown in catch fencing at speed as there's not much to a modern F1 car other than lots of winglets.
Date: November 20, 2007 01:53PM
We all know what happens when a modern F1 car gets thrown into catch fencing...Australia 2001 anyone? Nascar and IRL etc consist of heavier materials than those used on an F1 car (metal compared to carbon fibre) so if an F1 car went up in the air it would take longer to come back down to the ground again. Also, if an F1 car got upside down at speed then it might be possible (due to the level of downforce the cars create) that all the wings would act like airplane wings (since they are basically the same principle, just flipped) and push the car up into the air ever further. The most likely way for a car to get airborne at high speed though is to touch the other car's wheels.

Circuit Thermalito

Date: November 20, 2007 02:33PM
Posted by: red 5
classic:

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy