> alonso firing the car at the mechanics that are
> still kneeling around it. probably resulting in a
> few trips to hospital?
>

WOW, what a movie!
Re: Hungarian Grand Prix **SPOILERS**
Date: August 07, 2007 02:39AM
Posted by: Joe_Satriani
LOL, yeah, that's a bit extreme. It would be a really bad mistake by Hamilton if that happened. I wouldn't want a driver like that in my team. Spyker fired one like that and I think McLaren would too.
Date: August 07, 2007 02:52AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
how was this dangerous?,ok here's a scenario for you,

hamiltons race engineer, (or hamilton himself) are looking to the lollypop man as the signal that alonso is leaving the pit box. (remember when they held him for ages in the previous stop the lollypop stayed down till he left)

lollypop goes up, everyone expects alonso to move, hamilton or his engineer see it and hamilton moves forward(anticipating alonso's exit as they know time is short). BANG straight into the back of alonso firing the car at the mechanics that are still kneeling around it. probably resulting in a few trips to hospital?

Bugger me! think that one up all by yourself did you?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 07, 2007 09:36AM
Posted by: marwood82
yes, the scenario i suggested would have taken a big mistake from someone but in tense situations like that, mistakes happen. (for example albers incident in france or schumacher running over stepney etc)

at the end of the day, messing about in the pitlane with mechanics and other personel in close attendance puts people at risk.
Date: August 07, 2007 09:40AM
Posted by: pankykapus
I haven't had such a great laugh for a while...You should ask Michael Bay :)
Date: August 07, 2007 10:08AM
Posted by: Razorsedge
"...or schumacher running over stepney etc)"

In hindsight, Schumacher probably ran Nigel S. over because he whispered on the radio about joining Honda!!

Date: August 07, 2007 10:20AM
lol, if michael bay had been invloved i think a few more cars would have been damaged.

"In hindsight, Schumacher probably ran Nigel S. over because he whispered on the radio about joining Honda!!"

or maybe stepneys able to hold grudges for longer than most women :-)
Date: August 07, 2007 11:16AM
Posted by: mikef1
marwood82 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> how was this dangerous?,ok here's a scenario for
> you,
>
> hamiltons race engineer, (or hamilton himself) are
> looking to the lollypop man as the signal that
> alonso is leaving the pit box. (remember when they
> held him for ages in the previous stop the
> lollypop stayed down till he left)
>
> lollypop goes up, everyone expects alonso to move,
> hamilton or his engineer see it and hamilton moves
> forward(anticipating alonso's exit as they know
> time is short). BANG straight into the back of
> alonso firing the car at the mechanics that are
> still kneeling around it. probably resulting in a
> few trips to hospital?

Lol! Lewis was only five metres behind Fernando! I can imagine the carnage! ;)
Date: August 07, 2007 11:22AM
Posted by: requenov
Muks_C Wrote:

> of course in Spanish newspapers they will make it
> all look like Lewis' fault, and in English
> newspapers they will make it look like Alonso's
> fault, but i really do think Ron's anger was
> towards Alonso's action, and Alonso's delay was a
> definite attempt to disadvantage Hamilton.

>
> I'm not calling him a cheat, but it wasn't a fair
> thing to do and not something a 2x champion should
> need to do. Lewis disobeyed team orders so would
> have got told off in private, there was no reason
> for Alonso to make his own punishment for
> Hamilton.

Well, you can think what you want, Ron Dennis said clearly in a press conference that Alonso hadnt done anything wrong during the qualy and McLaren say the same in the web:

"We agree with the stewards, that when the team decided to hold Fernando for 20 seconds there were four cars on the circuit. However, we do not understand the relevance of this observation as the team needed to estimate where all the remaining cars would be in the final minutes of the session.Similarly the team does not agree with the statement of the stewards that the 20 second hold caused Lewis to be impeded. Tensions were undeniably high and the problem at Fernando’s first stop; the desire to enter a clear track and concerns expressed following the fitting of used tyres undoubtedly contributed to the delay in Fernando’s ultimate departure."

I repeat AGAIN that if you watch the video it's clear that Alonso is given USED HARDER TYRES, so with these tyres is almost impossible to beat your teammate with NEW SOFTER TYRES. It's normal that he speaks with his engineer to know what happens, specially after not getting the extra lap he deserved. And I remind you that the conversation is one-way, first one speaks, then the other, like a walkie-talkie, just in case somebody says that 10sec is too much to talk about tyres.

Hamilton has desobeyed orders, he was told to let pass Alonso six times in the radio (according to the press), Ron Dennis said the only guilty of this story is Hamilton:

"They were out of sequence because Lewis should have slowed and let Fernando past," Dennis explained to reporters after qualifying. "But he didn't, he charged off. That's how we got out of sequence."
"In this instance, it was Fernando's time to get the advantage of the longer fuel burn. The arrangement was, OK, we're down at the end of the pitlane, we reverse positions in the first lap. That didn't occur as arranged. That was somewhat disappointing and caused some tensions on the pitwall.

And about Alonso he says: "He was being counted down by his engineer. He's under the control of that engineer. He (the engineer) determined when he (Alonso) goes. That's the sequence and if you think that was a deliberate thing, then you can think what you want. I have given you exactly what happened."

I'm sure if Alonso would have done it in purpose and he were guilty, Ron would have said that Alonso played dirty and probably would be penalysed or something inside the team. But anyway, in front of the English press and English supporters he will always be guilty, because they deffend the English 'cause'. I'm sure english press some years ago criticised the help MS received at Nurburgring (or many other things like Monaco '06), but with the crane last race they shut, cause it was Hamilton. So now the enemy number 1 is Alonso, who is fighting against an Englishman in an English team.

Another thing is the penalty. If McLaren is guilty because they told Alonso to stop deliberately in order to impede Hamilton, they should get the penalty but not the driver. If it's the driver who stops himself, he should get the penalty, but not the team. The way has been given the penalty -McLaren and Alonso guilty- , shows they think the 20sec McLaren stop Alonso were on purpose, and the other 10 sec of Alonso were on purpose as well. WOW!At 10.30 pm after FIA have listened the tapes McLaren and Alonso were innocent and 1 and a half hour later both are guilty. It really smells bad.

Hehe, the only person who won with this was the same: Lewis Hamilton. The person who started all not obeying team orders.
Date: August 07, 2007 12:23PM
It's obvious that what Fernando did was deliberate otherwise the stewards would have seen otherwise, they have the radio communications transcripts and all the other evidence to base their decision.

However I do believe none of this would have happened if Lewis had obeyed team orders and come in when he was supposed to. I can't believe the way Lewis spoke to the team over the radio, a very prima donna like attitude for someone who is a rookie, that i dislike.
Date: August 07, 2007 12:31PM
Lol! Lewis was only five metres behind Fernando! I can imagine the carnage!

you say that but something similar happend at a club race i was at a few years back. cars were lining up to leave the paddock one ran into the back of another and the mechanic who was standing with the one that was hit ended up with a broken arm.

not a life threating disaster i know, but unpleasant for the guy involved and a completely avoidable accident.
Date: August 07, 2007 01:10PM
Posted by: Muks_C
requenov Wrote:

> Well, you can think what you want, Ron Dennis said
> clearly in a press conference that Alonso hadnt
> done anything wrong during the qualy and McLaren
> say the same in the web:

but what else did you expact Ron to say!!???? that's the point i'm trying to bring to you guys, but you won't listen! even if it was 100% Alonso's fault, and Ron Dennis thought it was Alonso's fault, he will not say something against his own driver which would lead to a punishment, will he? he has to protect his own team member, especially the driver, even if he believs he has done something wrong. why can't you see that what they say to the press will always be favourable to their own employees?

do you think Ron would say "Yes, Alonso did a dirty trick to hinder Lewis Hamilton, I think it was a disgusting thing to do and the FIA should look into the incident and punish Fernando."

no, we all know he or any other team boss won't say that against his driver, because punishing Alonso punishes McLaren too, because one of their driver has been pushed down the grid.

don't believe everything you read, it's only what they want you to think or believe, it's not always the truth.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: August 07, 2007 01:30PM

&mode=related&search=">
&mode=related&search=" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">
Date: August 07, 2007 01:30PM
Posted by: marcl
Ron has only blamed lewis.
Date: August 07, 2007 01:44PM
Posted by: chet
[www.planet-f1.com]

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: August 07, 2007 01:51PM
Posted by: marcl
I said that before that I think Ron will call it a day at the end of the year.

Everything he stood for has been trashed this year.
Date: August 07, 2007 02:22PM
Posted by: chet
Shame. Ive always thought Ron would be make a good FIA president.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: August 07, 2007 02:23PM
I reckon a lot of that depends on the outcome of the appeal at the end of August.

Ron was a very happy man at the Nurburgring so i don't think he's lost the enjoyment of seeing his cars win a race but it's obvious that he is finding it hard to deal with the internal tensions all the political ramblings surround Mclaren at the moment. A holiday is what he needed to get away from it all.

I hope things settle down and that he'll stay on for a few more years at least.
Date: August 07, 2007 02:25PM
Posted by: Muks_C
lol Ron as FIA President, we'd never understand any of the FIA press releases with all the RonSpeak that would be included!

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: August 07, 2007 02:30PM
Yeah he'd be a rubbish FIA president! Then again so would Todt imo.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy