Hungarian Grand Prix **SPOILERS**

Posted by turkey_machine 
Re: Hungarian Grand Prix **SPOILERS**
Date: August 05, 2007 11:22AM
Posted by: marcl
Yes its seems that way i just dont see why mclaren are not allowed to score points other than let ferrari close the gap. See thats the problem, due to how alonso has been in the past we all jump on his case just like people did with ms.

No other team in the past has lost points due to holding someone up. I think they will get this changed when they appeal.
Date: August 05, 2007 11:28AM
Posted by: mikef1
Yep and wonderboy gets away unpunished while Fernando gets another dubious penalty, i cannot see how the FIA have any right to put Alonso back 5 places, it simply is not fair imo after hearing the full story.
I think both drivers were being selfish but Fernando's actions were the most obvious to the viewing public which is probably why he's the one in trouble.
Stupid bloody farce.
Date: August 05, 2007 11:37AM
Tbh what was a great year is turning into a farse.

The team rivaly is probably worse than the prost senna one now soon they will start having each other off the track.

1st corner is going to be entertaining.

Alonso will be going for it and Nick is a fast starter and as we saw at the last gp will put his car in a position to pass or crash.

They put alonso back on the grid yet lewis weaves at every start and nothing is ever done.

Lewis by looks of it has cost the team big time.

fissi has also been put down the grid.
Date: August 05, 2007 11:51AM
Posted by: Ali
Anyway, Alonso can finish 3rd or 4th but nothing else unless the drivers infront had trouble.

My bet:
1. Hamilton
2. Kimi
3. Heidfeld
4. Alonso

A weak favour to Hamilton...
Date: August 05, 2007 11:56AM
Posted by: Jolkins

FERNANDO ALONSO was sensationally stripped of his pole position for the Hungarian Grand Prix late last night and saw it handed to McLaren teammate Lewis Hamilton. The Spaniard was docked five places on today’s starting grid after he deliberately held up the emerging British superstar in yesterday’s final qualifying session.

McLaren will also forfeit any points towards the constructors’ world championship as a result of today’s race.

Race stewards ruled that the Spanish double world champion had “unnecessarily impeded” the Briton, who leads him in the drivers’ championship by two points, preventing him completing a final flying lap by blocking the team’s pit box towards the end of qualifying.

The top 10 drivers in the qualifying session are given a final 15 minutes in which to race off for the leading grid positions and Hamilton had posted the fastest time when, with about two minutes of the session remaining, both drivers entered the pit lane for a fresh set of tyres. Alonso was first to reach the McLaren pit and Hamilton waited behind him for his turn. But when the Spaniard received the all-clear from the mechanics, in the form of a raised “lollipop”, he unaccountably remained stationary for about 10 seconds before setting off.

Alonso went on to snatch pole position with a time of 1min 19.674sec, which beat Hamilton’s previous best by 0.107sec. The Briton, meanwhile, was unable to cross the start line before the end of the 15-minute session, missing out by just a few seconds, and so could not challenge the effort of his teammate.

Alonso and McLaren were found culpable by race stewards at the Hun-garoring. “The actions of the team in the final minutes of qualifying are considered prejudicial to the interests of the competition and to the interests of motor sport generally,” they said in a statement.

“Because of the delay caused by Alonso, Hamilton was unable to complete his pit stop in time sufficient to enable him also to complete a flying lap,” it continued. “The stewards find he [Alonso] unnecessarily impeded another driver, and he will be penalised by a loss of five grid positions.”

Hamilton, the 22-year-old from Stevenage, had exchanged angry words with his team boss Ron Dennis as he returned to the pits, reportedly saying: “Don’t ever f** do that to me again!” Dennis replied: “Don’t ever f** speak to me like that again!” Hamilton delivered a final riposte: “Go f** swivel!”

Alonso said that he had been ordered to remain where he was by his engineer over the team radio to find a gap in traffic. “They do the calculations, they find the gaps and I just drive the car,” he said. The incident will heap yet more pressure on McLaren, who in recent weeks have been involved in a spying controversy with rivals Ferrari. McLaren have confirmed they will appeal the decision and have two days to voice their protest after the race. That, though, centres around the threat of constructors’ points being deducted as there is no provision for reversing the decision regarding Alonso’s grid penalty.

It won't be any surprise if both of them switch teams next year. Really the relationship between Lewiss and Fernando is getting worse and worse.
Date: August 05, 2007 11:56AM
the mclaren is a lot faster so i think alonso will get 2nd all depends on fuel stops and his start.

Thing is only lewis has seemed happy on both sets of tyres the rest have not.
Date: August 05, 2007 12:24PM
Posted by: Muks_C
i haven't read most of the thread since i last commented on page 8 (will catch up later), but i have seen the "official" reason for the mix-up of the McLaren drivers, and i don't believe it.

ok, maybe Lewis did something wrong by not letting Alonso through, but that does not explain why Ron was in a furious rage at the end of Q3, and it definitely does not explain why Alonso would be held for 11 seconds after his stop when Lewis was right there waiting behind him. if they needed to slot Alonso into traffic, they can still release him from his pitbox and just tell him to drive slowly down the pitlane.

why would Ron be so angry at the end of Q3 for something Lewis did wrong 15 minutes earlier? he wouldn't, so his anger was clearly at Alonso disobeying orders.

but the "official" reason is just a smokescreen to stop his driver or team getting punished, so you can't blame Ron and the team for protecting Alonso, it's better to have 1st and 2nd in the "wrong" order than to have 1st and 10th/22nd if they complained.

i've now seen Alonso has been demoted and the team won't score points, so that's fine by me, although i think just deleting Alonso's fastest time in Q3 would have been enough, or deleting all his Q3 times to make him start 10th would have also been enough.

M Schumacher got all his qualli times deleted at Monaco when he only potentially blocked 9 other drivers, so just deleting Alonso's fastest, last lap Q3 time would have been enough because that's all he gained from doing it. Schumacher's stunt was in the heat of the moment, so perhaps the punishment was a bit harsh, whereas Alonso's must have been pre-planned, at least with 1 other person, so maybe he should have had all his Q3 times deleted and should have started 10th, he'd still probably get a podium from there anyway.

but i'm glad at least some punishment has been given for it, or else there'd be nothing stopping any other driver doing the same thing to his own teammate in the future, because he would know the team would "protect" him, so he'd get away with it. but hopefully it won't happen.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: August 05, 2007 12:31PM
Posted by: FRESCO
Pretty much totally agree with you Muks_C.

At the end of the day, Hamilton did nothing wrong going off at the start of Q3. It was the teams fault that Alonso didn't get in the pitlane first, and I don't blame Hamilton at all for not letting Alonso back passed, especially with Raikkonen so close behind.

Its clear to me that Alonso clearly blocked Hamilton and prevented him from starting another flying lap. This is outside the regulations and a penalty was justified, just because they was cars in the same team is not an excuse IMO.

It would have been far more sensible for Alonso to let Hamilton just get on with it, and then the team would have probably punished Hamilton if he did indeed disobey team orders. Probably something along the lines of letting Alonso go out first in Q3 for the rest of the season.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2007 12:33PM by FRESCO.
Date: August 05, 2007 12:33PM
Posted by: brnco
Ronald McDonald the Mclaren saga continues, someone please call the police officers to arrest Donald Duck, Popeye, Micky Mouse and that pricky fitness trainer of his. Send them to jail bloody criminals. Law breakers.They are disgrace to the humanity, to our honest and well ordered world we live in where breaking the law is complete mistery. Burn them at the Piccadily square. You Copernicuses, shame on you!!!

pwnd!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2007 12:41PM by mortal.
Date: August 05, 2007 12:35PM
Posted by: Nickv
Erm...
Date: August 05, 2007 12:36PM
Posted by: gav
You should be jailed for your continued blasphemy. I'm not religious at all, but it's still @#$%& annoying.
Date: August 05, 2007 12:42PM
ok I won't mention the j. word anymore, and I alsaw got the notice from our guardian mortal so I'm changing my post into:

Oh my Mike, the Mclaren saga continues, someone please call the police officers to arrest Ron Dennis, Lewis Hamilton, Fernando Alonso and that pricky fitness trainer of his. Send them to jail, you prosperous criminals. Law breakers. They are disgrace to the humanity, to our honest and well ordered world we live in, where breaking the law is complete mistery. Burn them at the Piccadily square. You Copernicuses (this is not blasphemy, just historic fact) , shame on you!!!
Date: August 05, 2007 12:59PM
Posted by: gav
Not sure anyone's posted this in the Alonso-Hamilton scrum, but Fisichella was handed a penalty in the end. Only 5 places, yet he held up Yamamoto massively, yet Alonso got the same penalty for being a good 100m ahead of Massa last year and didn't directly slow him at all. It's the same again - the crime just doesn't fit the punishment.. or the other way around in this case.
Date: August 05, 2007 01:00PM
Posted by: pankykapus
I don't agree with Muks Schumi's action was way worse than this. First of all he did it on obvious purpose and it's still not clear whether Alonso planned it or not at all. And for doing something against another team's driver spontanously on the track risking other drivers too is a bit worse than STANDING STILL in the box while your teammate is waiting. (I don't think it's dangerous to sit in a standing car is it?)
Date: August 05, 2007 01:04PM
Posted by: mikef1
FRESCO Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Pretty much totally agree with you Muks_C.
>
> At the end of the day, Hamilton did nothing wrong
> going off at the start of Q3. It was the teams
> fault that Alonso didn't get in the pitlane first,
> and I don't blame Hamilton at all for not letting
> Alonso back passed, especially with Raikkonen so
> close behind.
>
> Its clear to me that Alonso clearly blocked
> Hamilton and prevented him from starting another
> flying lap. This is outside the regulations and a
> penalty was justified, just because they was cars
> in the same team is not an excuse IMO.
>
> It would have been far more sensible for Alonso to
> let Hamilton just get on with it, and then the
> team would have probably punished Hamilton if he
> did indeed disobey team orders. Probably something
> along the lines of letting Alonso go out first in
> Q3 for the rest of the season.

Thing is Lewis disobeyed team orders but i do agree that what Fernando did was worse. However i don't agree with the punishment he received. Imo he should have lost his fastest time and started second not sixth.
Date: August 05, 2007 01:07PM
where did I go wrong mortal? since when is forbidden to mention Ron, Lewis, Fernando. This is f1 forum. they are part of f1??? I'm totally confused. Ok I understand j. word and I correcet it in my other post , but these three have nothing to do with the religion, unless you are Mclarenist, or Ronist maybie???
Date: August 05, 2007 01:08PM
oh I got it they are three kings, or were there four of them??? confused again!!!
Date: August 05, 2007 01:17PM
Posted by: Joeku
i think alonso punishment is fine, if he was starting second he would of only lost 1 place, but because hes so far down the grid no where near massa mind you :D hahah
he wont do it again

he obviously did it on purpose , very slimey by alonso

oh and regarding about mclaren not have LED's or anything on the wheel, are they in their visors, i remember reading something that schumi had all his LCD display shown on his visor

________________________________________________________________________________

Date: August 05, 2007 01:17PM
I'm really sorry if I hurt anyones feelings when mentioning j., and I apologize for that Gav, mortal, But censoring the names of Ron Dennis, Fernando Alonso and Lewis Hamilton is too much. You are becaming just like FIA in a way, no offense there mate.
Date: August 05, 2007 01:21PM
so lets see Ron is Donald Duck, Lewis is Popeye and Fernando is Mickey Mouse.
Well funny in a way. Yeah I like it. Thanks for that mortal, at least its funny. If you had censored it with ****** I would go bezerk, this way you kept me content.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy