Hungarian Grand Prix **SPOILERS**

Posted by turkey_machine 
Re: Hungarian Grand Prix **SPOILERS**
Date: August 05, 2007 05:18PM
Posted by: pankykapus
Have you noticed how green the grass was? classic.. ;)
Date: August 05, 2007 05:56PM
Posted by: matt3454
Why did Davidson drop out and where was he when he did?

When i stopped watching at the end of my lunch break he was 13th i think ahead of Massa.

Date: August 05, 2007 06:33PM
Posted by: Nemesis78
Jolkins Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Hamilton, the 22-year-old from Stevenage, had
> exchanged angry words with his team boss Ron
> Dennis as he returned to the pits, reportedly
> saying: “Don’t ever f** do that to me
> again!” Dennis replied: “Don’t ever f**
> speak to me like that again!” Hamilton delivered
> a final riposte: “Go f** swivel!”
>
>
> It won't be any surprise if both of them switch
> teams next year. Really the relationship between
> Lewiss and Fernando is getting worse and worse.

Coo!!!

Kudos for Lewis for being a bit latin about how angry he was. Have to say that in the ITV interview RD looked like he was going to break down! Given hes managed Prost vs Senna in the past why has he had such problems with his previous 4 drivers?

Personally I can see Alsono leaving (back to Renault?) But Lewis is unlikely to leave McLaren. This will all get forgotton if he wins a couple more races.
Date: August 05, 2007 06:51PM
Posted by: flat tyre
pankykapus Wrote:
> Have you noticed how green the grass was?
> classic.. ;)

Yeah, it reminded my of the older races because of this as well as the sweeping corners, whenever I see footage of old races the grass always looks like a desert ;)

matt3454 Wrote:
> Why did Davidson drop out and where was he when he
> did?
>
> When i stopped watching at the end of my lunch
> break he was 13th i think ahead of Massa.

A renault hit him coming out of the first corner and he spun off, his rear suspension broke.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
Date: August 05, 2007 06:59PM
Posted by: Joe_Satriani
Oh, I'm fairly positive that Briatore is trying everything he can to bring Alonso back to Renault next year. In case that happens, I'm curious to see what he'll do with his other drivers as even if he lets Fisi go, he still has to deal with Piquet and Kovalainen.
Date: August 05, 2007 07:02PM
Posted by: smorr
Actually. The Renault and Davidson came together leaving T1, and broke Davidson's Front (Left Im fairly sure) and he spun out (As the wheel was permanantly askew). He then proceded to put the rear tires in the grass, straddling the curbing. I'm fairly sure he High Centered it.

The Flanker is gone. :(
Date: August 05, 2007 07:19PM
Posted by: Karan
Figures we'd get a snoozefest of the race after all the drama on Friday and Saturday ;)

Date: August 05, 2007 07:36PM
Posted by: Muks_C
not an exciting race, but it's what we've come to expect from Hungary. lol at Blundell saying before the race started that "the Hungaroring always delivers an exciting race", buffoon.

and what's a "flag to flag victory"? i think you mean "lights to flag victory", Mark...

Lewis did what we expected, but did well to make no mistakes and stay concentrated.

@ Smorr, it was Davidson's right-rear suspension that broke (he was on the outside, with Fisi on his right, so it can't be the left side of his car that got damaged, can it?).

those female McLaren employees stood behind Lewis' bro Nicholas at the podium ceremony were quite nice, yum yum!

oh and i really didn't agree with Blundell and Ant Davidson when they both said the McLaren incident was an in internal thing which didn't need intervention from the FIA. if Alonso had gone unpunished, every driver would do that kind of thing to his teammate for every race from now on, and we can't have that.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2007 07:40PM by Muks_C.
Date: August 05, 2007 07:39PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
and what's a "flag to flag victory"? i think you mean "lights to flag victory", Mark...

No. The origional term is flag to flag, coined in the days when the races were started by the drop of the nations flag. the saying hasn't changed otherwise it'd be "lights to electronic timing beam" since the chequered flag is just for show now days.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 05, 2007 07:45PM
that may be the case, but in the past 10 or more years everyone has always said "lights to flag", because for the fans, the lights indicate the start and the flag indicates the finish.

given Mark's many grammatical and language errors, i doubt it was a conscious decision to say "flag to flag" rather than "lights to flag".

Date: August 05, 2007 08:13PM
Posted by: smorr
@Muks -

Yeah, he was on the outside, BUT, I'm fairly sure the Left Front wheel was at an extreme angle and was spinning freely without input to the left. Or Daividson just felt like pointing his car right at the wall for a head on with it? (And you could tell he wasnt steering it... He tried to turn into it and the front tires were clearly on cross paths. Dont think the rear tires would affect the steering input that majorly when they appear to be in a driveable (Back to the pits atleast) Condition.

I think he got air when he and the renault hit eachother, And he landed on that front left, which damaged the suspension. If it was just that contact I would see no reason why he couldnt've drove back to the pits, Its been done before.

Flag To Flag here... But I live in America... So... thats why (Contrary to the Fine piece of Russian Aircraft in the siggy... Odd.)

The Flanker is gone. :(

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2007 08:18PM by smorr.
Date: August 05, 2007 08:20PM
Posted by: matt3454
What position was Davidson in when he crashed out? As he looked fairly strong all weekend!

Date: August 05, 2007 08:26PM
Davidson's right-rear wheel was definitely not square on the car, the suspension was broken, it was clearly visible. i think he felt the car wasn't handling normally so he jumped on the brakes, the broken right-rear causing him to spin to the right. the front wheels both looked fine to me.

look at this clip from qualli, i don't know what it shows Alonso's trainer doing or what is being said over the clip, could somebody please translate?

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

and the whole thing from Spanish tv i think, and shows Alonso avoiding Ron D just after he got weighed after claiming pole:

&NR=1">
&NR=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

so in the record books, who got pole position? is it Alonso because he set the fastest time, but was DQ'ed from pole, or is it Lewis because he inherited it because of Alonso's penalty? probably Lewis isn't it.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2007 12:35AM by Muks_C.
Date: August 05, 2007 08:33PM
Posted by: Peat
smorr, his right rear definatly got broken.

'Dont think the rear tires would affect the steering input that majorly'

You have to be kidding? right?

Date: August 05, 2007 08:57PM
Posted by: Marco1
BORING!

Lewis is completely phony. I want to punch him in the head. That huge smile into the camera, geeze, the FIA gave him the race. How could you celebrate that? Formula One is Completely void of personality. Hearing these guys talk is just as exciting as this God Awful hungarian grand prix.

two things for the FIA and Formula One to consider. 1) REMOVE THIS EVENT FROM THE CALENDER! I think that is the first time I have ever seen fans sleeping at a race and 2) Send Mosely and Ecclestone to gitmo, they are a danger to the safety of our sport and brains. They have seriously ruined this sport. Wrap em up and give them to the US army. Their ideas are far more dangerous than probably 85% of the people held at Guantanamo Bay.
Date: August 05, 2007 09:11PM
Posted by: Nickv
Muks_C schreef:
> look at this clip from qualli, i don't know what
> it shows Alonso's trainer doing or what is being
> said over the clip, could somebody lease
> translate?

From what I understand, they say that Alonso didn't drive away when the lollipop man rose the lollipop. Alonso looked to the left, to his personal trainer. When the trainer gave the signal, Alonso drove away.
Date: August 05, 2007 09:36PM
Posted by: brnco
smorr wrote:

"Flag To Flag here... But I live in America... So... thats why (Contrary to the Fine piece of Russian Aircraft in the siggy... Odd.)"

That fine piece of Russian Aircraft would be Sukhoi SU-27, correct me if I'm wrong.

And btw it always was and always will be flag to flag!
Date: August 05, 2007 09:59PM
Posted by: senninho
brnco Wrote:
> Horrible, arrest Max Mosley, for making this sport
> even duller than a golf tournament.
> and all that proposals for 2011... Horrible, time
> wasted...
> ...though I'm glad Lewis won. Strange, after
> beeing so impressed with Fernando jesterday I was
> actually cheering for Lewis...
>
> And by the way have you noticed that the only race
> where Anthony Hamilton (Winner's Father) was
> absetnt from, was in fact Nurnburgring, and what
> happened there. So it gives us something to think
> about...

What exactly are we meant to be thinking about? I'm pretty sure Anthony Hamilton was at the Nürburgring...

Date: August 05, 2007 10:01PM
Posted by: Nemesis78
When the RIGHT REAR gets damaged the car tends to pivot on the diagonal of the RIGHT FRONT and LEFT REAR.

The LEFT FRONT then lifts.
Date: August 05, 2007 10:06PM
Posted by: brnco
Antony was absent form european GP, because he had to deal with some papers back home in UK. I'm 100% sure about it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy