"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Re: Hungarian Grand Prix **SPOILERS**
Date: August 07, 2007 02:48PM
Posted by: mikef1
Here's an official interview with the Fonz from Autosport:

Q & A with Fernando Alonso

By Pablo Elizalde Sunday, August 5th 2007, 17:41 GMT

Q. Has the FIA been fair or unfair?

FA: They should know. If they have penalised me and the team they must have a reason. But I repeat what I said before: it's the first time that a rule has been created our of the blue, since there's nothing written in the regulations about the time you take to make a pitstop.

Now they'll have to watch all teams closely and whoever takes a bit longer to end the pitstop will have to be penalised.

Q. What have you learned from this?

FA: Nothing I didn't know. We all know what we have here.

Q. What has been more disappointing in this Grand Prix, your team, your teammate or the FIA stewards?

FA: Nothing has disappointed me. You come here wanting to make up ground, you get pole, but in the end it wasn't to be. My teammate has probably had a different weekend than the rest of drivers, he didn't obey his bosses, he behaved in a new way with the team and maybe that was a surprise, but everybody can do whatever they want.

And I don't want to think too much about the stewards. It's a difficult situation and a difficult decision, but they made it and in the end we scored five points, which is better than nothing.

Q. In the next race that you have to let Lewis pass to give him an extra lap, what will you do?

FA: I'll let him by.

Q. That easily?

FA: If the team asks me to, I'll let him by. The team pays me to do what they want.

Q. How is the relationship with your team and your teammate now?

FA: It's the same as before the race. Each of us looks at his own interests, trying to do the best race possible, with the best strategy, and I try to do the same with my group of engineers and mechanics.

But I guess he will have a different relationship with the team in the next race, because I don't think they are very happy, and I will have the same one (relationship).

Q. Has this made you more motivated to win the title?

FA: The same as before. Always a lot.

Q. Will McLaren take any measures?

FA: No. These things happen in every sport, and also in F1, and it happened to me. But we have stop thinking about it. It's a new kind of penalty and that's it.

Q. Is this the worst penalty you have been given?

FA: No, Monza was the worst one, that's for sure.

Q. With all the difficulties that you are having this year, is it harder to think about the title?

FA: It gets very hard. It's not easy. I don't know if it's because in previous years I had to defend myself, but it seemed a little easier. This year I'm always on the limit, tied in the first half of the season, and now I'm a bit behind.

The races are going by and you arrive each Thursday and you know you have another mountain to climb, that you are going to have to fight against a lot of things, but until the final lap in Brazil you can't ease off.

Last year it was looking bad too, but two races from the end Michael broke his engine and I won the title. Anything can happen and the last one to throw in the towel will be me.

Q. The celebrations have changed a lot today. Hamilton was applauding himself and the team seemed to ignore him a bit.

FA: Well, what happened yesterday was something new for the team. Hamilton not listening, disobeying them, was something they hadn't experienced and I guess they wanted to make him see that. But anyway, in the next race I guess everything will be back to normal and we will both try to win the race.

Q. Could what happened here change the attitude of the team towards you and Hamilton?

FA: No.

Q. Do you think it's possible to go on like this for three years?

FA: I don't know.

Q. Do you plan to think it over?

FA: I don't know.
Date: August 07, 2007 02:56PM
Posted by: marcl
I dont think Todt could ever run the FIA, he would not be equal to all the teams.
Date: August 07, 2007 03:05PM
Posted by: requenov
At least I found an article in english press where they give Hamilton some of the guilt.

Fernando Alonso, Lewis Hamilton, and McLaren
Every relationship of significance within the confines of McLaren - Dennis and Alonso's, Alonso and Hamilton's, Hamilton and Dennis' - was damaged this weekend. At least one has probably been irrevocably weakened beyond pair.

It is worth dwelling on Lewis Hamilton's role in the debacle because his guilt has largely passed without comment by the fawning British media. Even The Guardian's old sage Alan Henry fell into the trap, assuring readers that the qualifying rumpus 'all started when Alonso appeared to deliberately hold up his team-mate'. Not so; it all started when Hamilton deliberately ignored a direct order from Dennis to let Alonso past on the track during the early stages of qualifying three. It was a defining moment for driver, team and, very possibly, the 2007 season. In that moment, Hamilton revealed that he was only willing to respect McLaren's belief in equality so long as it suited him, and thus a hitherto-concealed ruthless streak.

Comparisons with Ayrton Senna suddenly seem even more appropriate. Like the Brazilian, Hamilton is prepared to play dirty. And like Senna, he has the happy knack of dodging the crossfire whilst his unfairly-maligned team-mate takes the flak.
Date: August 07, 2007 03:11PM
Posted by: mikef1
That last statement doesn't make sense, when Senna played dirty it was pretty obvious that he was the one doing so it was he and not his team mate (Prost i presume) that got the flak.
Date: August 07, 2007 03:18PM
Yes and senna got the flack for Japan 1989 even though it was prost. Plus senna got most of the flack from people like Mansell from their crashes on track than Prost.

I would say the Prost senna thing was 50/50 and was even worse when in different teams.

And it all started at Imola when they made and agrement not to pass at the that corner only senna said they agreed for the 1st start not the 2nd one lol.
Date: August 07, 2007 03:29PM
Posted by: chet
Oh yeah, haha which I guess, he is right, there was no agreement for a restart :p

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: August 07, 2007 03:51PM
Posted by: tripleM
"FIA stewart (Verdegay) that has spoken with Alonso in private"

I am somewhat uneasy that a driver is on such close terms with a steward to discuss the particulars of team's tire selection among other things.

Date: August 07, 2007 03:55PM
Tbh I think the spanish guy should not be allowed on the FIA panel anymore. After the things he said about MS at monaco last year and about the hearing this year even before it had happened.
Date: August 07, 2007 07:33PM
Posted by: brnco
you are way off topic guys there is a ney thread opened for discussion about alonso-lewis-mclaren-possible options for 2008 thread. It's called Alonso 2008??? Renault??? possible combination??? SO PLEASE MOVE ON THERE! THANK YOU!
Date: August 07, 2007 07:35PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Someone give this man his own forum to moderate

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 07, 2007 07:55PM
Posted by: gav

SO PLEASE...

Feel free to ban me for over use of expletives. I felt it necessary.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2007 07:56PM by gav.
Date: August 07, 2007 07:57PM
*sets THE MODS on you*

Big bad evil gav!

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 07, 2007 07:58PM
You liked me once, gav. What happened there??? I'm completely confused.
Date: August 07, 2007 08:06PM
Posted by: gav
brnco Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You liked me once, gav.

See, now you're just lying. I like laughing at you. But now it's getting boring and I'm wasting my time reading the results of your seemingly random mashing of the keyboard.
Date: August 07, 2007 08:08PM
Posted by: Nickv
DaveEllis schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Someone give this man his own forum to moderate

LMAO!
Date: August 07, 2007 08:14PM
all I said was that there was another thread. this is just ubeleiveable. shame , real shame, how someone can be so discriminated, I will complain...
Date: August 07, 2007 08:17PM
See, now you're just lying.

rofl. Thats such an awesomly blunt reply.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 07, 2007 08:33PM
Posted by: Muks_C
@ Brnco, no one here is discussing possible drivers for 2008 here, we are discussing the events of the Hungarian GP, and this is the correct thread for it.

you don't get special-fun-happy-mega-bonus points for every person that replies to a thread you started, you know.

-------------------------

concerning the interview with Fonzo that MikeF1 posted:

Q. Has the FIA been fair or unfair?

FA: They should know. If they have penalised me and the team they must have a reason. But I repeat what I said before: it's the first time that a rule has been created our of the blue, since there's nothing written in the regulations about the time you take to make a pitstop.

Now they'll have to watch all teams closely and whoever takes a bit longer to end the pitstop will have to be penalised.

----------------

'Nando is missing the point here completely. the FIA aren't against you making a long pitstop, they are against you holding up another competitor deliberately. they couldn't care less if you spent the whole 15 mins of Q3 sitting in your pitbox twiddling your thumbs, as long as you didn't impede anyone by doing so.

they haven't created a rule out of the blue, they have punished various drivers for impeding another driver during qualy, his ex-teammate Fisichella at the last race for just one example.

maybe a smarter way to block Hamilton would have been to stall his engine once his stop was finished? the FIA wouldn't have been able to do anything about it then, i reckon,and it would have wasted at least 5 seconds re-starting his car and getting composed again.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: August 07, 2007 08:40PM
Posted by: pankykapus
someone shoot him off to teh Moon!!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy