European Grand Prix Thread **SPOILERS**

Posted by iCeMaN pAuL 
Re: European Grand Prix Thread **SPOILERS**
Date: July 24, 2007 02:16AM
Posted by: Astro
oh come on its easy to come off looking as the classy one when you have just won the race. and put yourself in massa's place coming second after reaching the threshold of victory. im sure those of you who have done long tough online league races know how that feels in similiar positions near the end of a race. i think we have all seen alonso's cranky side far too many times in the past.
Date: July 24, 2007 03:27AM
Posted by: Joe_Satriani
I don't remember Fisichella being pissed off and shouting at Kimi after losing the race on the last lap back in japan 2005...
Date: July 24, 2007 03:59AM
Posted by: Slash
but i bet he was, had Kimi come to him and tell him that be blocked him too much or somthing, Fisi would've exploded, it only takes a samll flame to start the fire

anyways as good as Alonso is, he's always a moaner, had it been Kimi the one in the Mclaren and nothing would've happened because he wouldn't paid much attention to it..., like i said, just 2 fiesty latin guys, one a moaner and the other one was upset for loosing on the final stages
Date: July 24, 2007 10:54AM
Posted by: tripleM
Alonso was OTT to suggest that Massa did it on purpose.

Date: July 24, 2007 11:00AM
Posted by: mikef1
Which is why he appologised soon afterwards.
Remember when Schumi accused DC of trying to kill him? ;)
Date: July 24, 2007 12:35PM
Posted by: chet
He probably was ;)

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: July 24, 2007 02:46PM
Posted by: Muks_C
yeah i agree, of course Alonso will look "classy" because he can act smug for being hit and then still winning the race. had he been on the gravel or retired from the race because of that contact, with Massa winning, it would have been him shouting and Massa looking cool and calm.

and Alonso started it anyway, saying that Massa hit him on purpose. Alonso just wanted to wind Massa up and it worked, he pushed the right buttons in Massa's mind to get him to react like that.

Joe_Satriani Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't remember Fisichella being pissed off and
> shouting at Kimi after losing the race on the last
> lap back in japan 2005...

why would he? he lost the race fair and square and had nothing to complain to Kimi about, they didn't touch after all. he'd be feeling upset inside that he lost, but he wouldn't have anything to complain to Kimi about.

Massa and Alonso had the argument because of the contact, not because Massa lost the win.

and like a couple of you have said, after the race on sunday i had a new found appreciation and respect for Alonso for how he raced (ignoring the incident afterwards).

it would have been nice for us to see the official press conference when they were both still in the heat of the moment, if anyone finds it on youtube please post it. i've read it but you can't see the body language and tone of voice.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2007 03:00PM by Muks_C.
Date: July 24, 2007 02:56PM
the spat from SpeedTV, has a few seconds more with Webber and Alonso congratulating each other:

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

and is that Sabine Kehm, MS' press agent stood there in the red Ferrari jacket? she doesn't want to get involved!

Date: July 24, 2007 03:15PM
Muks_C Wrote:

> it would have been nice for us to see the official
> press conference when they were both still in the
> heat of the moment, if anyone finds it on youtube
> please post it. i've read it but you can't see the
> body language and tone of voice.

Fernando in the press conference was calm and apologetic towards Felipe but Felipe still looked pissed off, probably more that he lost the race than the argument before the podium ceremony.
Date: July 24, 2007 03:16PM
thanks. how/where did you see it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2007 03:17PM by Muks_C.
Date: July 24, 2007 03:17PM
Posted by: marcl
The best press one was with jpm and ms after imola that was so funny :).

And senna in Hungry 1992 :)

I dont think kimi will want MS to attend another gp, every GP ms has been there for kimi has not won and had bad luck. In france MS left on race day kimi won etc.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2007 03:23PM by marcl.
Date: July 24, 2007 03:34PM
Just as I thought, this sabotage goes deeper, maybe including MS ;)

Date: July 24, 2007 03:36PM
Posted by: Ali
Slash Wrote:
> anyways as good as Alonso is, he's always a
> moaner, had it been Kimi the one in the Mclaren
> and nothing would've happened because he wouldn't
> paid much attention to it..., like i said, just 2
> fiesty latin guys, one a moaner and the other one
> was upset for loosing on the final stages

Senna was also quite a moaner, Mansell and Piquet had funny "conflicts" (also Senna & Mansell). Schumacher with Coulthard in 1998 (a very big one) and with Sato (also in Belgium)...so I think this is great. I don't like this politically correct way of the modern F1. Kimi is too much for me, he seems to be a-motional. Always so serious. I love latin character (I'm latin, so I guess...).
Date: July 24, 2007 03:54PM
Posted by: marcl
It was the same with JPM, alonso and massa seem to be able to have some control. JPM did not really.

RB has no latin character at all which is strange, but then again he was in the uk at a young age racing.
Date: July 24, 2007 04:51PM
Muks_C Wrote:
> thanks. how/where did you see it?

TVU + wheels channel after the ITV broadcast finished.

"Senna was also quite a moaner, Mansell and Piquet had funny "conflicts" (also Senna & Mansell). Schumacher with Coulthard in 1998 (a very big one) and with Sato (also in Belgium)...so I think this is great. I don't like this politically correct way of the modern F1. Kimi is too much for me, he seems to be a-motional. Always so serious. I love latin character (I'm latin, so I guess...)."

You couldn't find a more whingy driver than Nigel Mansell, there was always something to complain about and even when he was winning in the best car he always had a problem (dodgy gearbox, soft brake pedal yada yada). Senna and Prost were about as bad as each other when it came to moaning but they had nothing on Mansell.
Piquet was funny, he was always the joker in the pitlane. But he could be nasty and would try to undermine his opponents to the press.

Kimi is just super chilled and not really serious as his lifestyle would tell you otherwise. He just isn't himself in front of the camera but has had his moments like the infamous Brundle interview on the grid.

To be honest there aren't many drivers with a lot of charisma these days, i guess JPM was one of the last who just spoke his mind and didn't care what others thought.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2007 05:11PM by mikef1.
Date: July 24, 2007 05:21PM
The only really nasty thing that i remember Piquet doing was his reaction to Reutemann's pitlane accident in Belgium.

Although it has to be noted that it was Alistair Caldwell's idea to begin with.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2007 05:25PM by tripleM.
Date: July 24, 2007 05:31PM
Didn't piquet claim Senna was homosexual?

Date: July 24, 2007 05:43PM
tripleM Wrote:
> The only really nasty thing that i remember Piquet
> doing was his reaction to Reutemann's pitlane
> accident in Belgium.
>
> Although it has to be noted that it was Alistair
> Caldwell's idea to begin with.

what did Piquet do/say?

Date: July 24, 2007 05:48PM
Lol @

[timesonline.typepad.com]

Date: July 24, 2007 05:50PM
They (Piquet and Caldwell) pretended to be afraid of Reutemann who had accidentally ran over a mechanic who died as a result.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy