Posted by iCeMaN pAuL 
Re: European Grand Prix Thread **SPOILERS**
Date: July 23, 2007 05:33PM
Posted by: Nickv
kimiraik schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> @ IWE'S post
> Uhm but the TV images clearly show he made a
> mistake (he was too fast) and missed the turn..

Maybe he wanted to make it look like that so he wouldn't get a penalty for dangerous driving or something.
Date: July 23, 2007 05:37PM
Posted by: villej
About the delay in digital TV, it is there becase the receiver unit has to buffer the video a few seconds to be able to decode it smoothly.

My photo gallery: [viltzu86.deviantart.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2007 05:56PM by villej.
Date: July 23, 2007 06:19PM
Posted by: mikef1
@gav, great quality capping there mate, did a good job with mixing the 5 live commentary over the ITV feed too. Any chance of more races in the future or are you doing a one off like Murray? :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2007 06:20PM by mikef1.
Date: July 23, 2007 06:55PM
Posted by: gav
Just doing a 1-off. No real reason to do any more, as my feed is no different to anyone else's in the country. If ITV do some funky things I might post them for others though.
Date: July 23, 2007 06:59PM
Posted by: dkpioe
tripleM Wrote:
> The have every reason to feel frustrated knowing
> that Tost/Berger are going to almost certainly
> replace one of them with Bourdais for next year
> despite Bourdais not showing to be an improvement
> pace-wise during testing.

how could bourdais show improvement, how much time has he had in the car compared to the other 2?
its a tougher call for bourdais, stay in a winning team in champcar, perhaps become record winning champcar driver, or go to a bottom 3 f1 team of toro rosso. i dont see him gaining much oportunities after a toro rosso drive, even if he does really well. look at sutil, hes doing well in a spyker, doesnt mean he will drive for a top team any time soon.
Date: July 23, 2007 07:02PM
No, it doesn't mean he will, it does mean he'll have a bigger chance than, let's say Ide.
Date: July 23, 2007 07:18PM
Posted by: dkpioe
**IMPORTANT**

for those that dont know how to say Kubica's name. it "Ku";(very short u, like oo, not like ooy, most english people would add the 'y' sound at end, like y in yellow, but that is wrong) - "Bi" (this sylable is the emphasised one, short 'i', but dont pronounce it with long 'i' like 'bee';)- tsa (itv commentators pronounce this sylable ok, 1 out of 3 aint bad)

very easy
easier if you are can speak polish like me. i dont like it when they pronounce ot "Kooy-biKa" but i dont mind "Kooy-Bitsa" like itv, thats closer. to me, its pronounced like its spelt.

***Maybe this could be a sticky thread with other nationality drivers names also explained.
Date: July 23, 2007 07:25PM
That isn't that important is it? :P

And a sticky thread for that, kinda waste of both bandwidth and time.
Date: July 23, 2007 07:25PM
Posted by: chet
Robert will do.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: July 23, 2007 07:26PM
Or even RK ;)
Date: July 23, 2007 08:11PM
Posted by: Slash
LOL at the hand of Dennis telling Massa to calm down..., well they're both latins, fiesty

and LOL at people saying Kimi made the mistake on purpose..., like last year at Hungary?
Date: July 23, 2007 08:21PM
Posted by: Slash
mschumi Wrote:
> at the end it doesnt really matter, ferrari screwd
> kimis race like in barcelona with the same
> hidraulic problem if i racall good, and massa
> screwed up his race, cuz he sucks on rain!!!..he
> did last year, and he does now!

well if Massa sucks on rain Kimi sucks twice, he a lot of mistakes, like missing first chicane before missing the pit lane, then we went off where everybody did and so, not to mention last year he rammed a backmarker, i don't get why Kimi fans hate so much Massa, it was clear he had Vibrations, and so did Webber, why didn't Massa lost the lead earlier when the track was wet? wasn't he driving in the rain as well?
Date: July 23, 2007 08:56PM
Posted by: MarcA
Massa should of smacked him one.

Date: July 23, 2007 09:53PM
Posted by: marcl
1st of all kimi missed the final chicane, then missed the pit entrance, then went off at the 1st turn all in all he made more mistakes than alot of the guys yet was still 3rd when he broke down.

He was saved by the saftey car and red flag as he was nearly a lap down.
Date: July 23, 2007 10:34PM
Posted by: Nuvolari
Date: July 23, 2007 10:42PM
Posted by: Muks_C
you know when Sutil went off, was it Raikkonen he almost hit near turn 1?

and Lewis was so lucky for a few reasons, to even finish the race: first he slowed down enough so he only kissed the barrier, and didn't damage his car like the others (that was partly his skill though), secondly he was missed by a very high-speed Sutil, then he was just about missed by the Toro Rosso (Speed I think it was), and finally was able to keep his engine running (partly his skill, partly luck that it didn't just decide to switch off as he sat there).

had he been 3 inches to his left, Speed's car would have hit Lewis' left-rear wheel and possibly broken the suspension and he would've been out.

so from his bad luck on saturday, came lots of good luck on sunday.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: July 23, 2007 11:23PM
Posted by: airefresco
IMO Mclaren gained a lot more than points from this weekend. Firstly with Fernando. He came out a lot better from that little outburst before the podium. Massa was on the super defensive and Fernando only said a couple of words, which obviously struck a chord with Massa. oh yeah and he beat Massa easily in the rain, which is going to give him a huge confidence boost.

For Lewis, he had alomst 2 hours track time in racing conditions, some practise in the wet and some overtaking practise (all be it with much slower cars), that is surely only going to help in the future. Plus he made mistakes, the best way to learn anything is to frig it up.
Date: July 24, 2007 12:20AM
Posted by: FRESCO
I feel a bit sorry for Massa. The italian newspapers are caining him for being "foul mouthed" but to be honest I would react the same way if accused of trying to ram someone off the track.

Should be a very close championship from here on in. I can still see Raikkonen making up the 18 points to Hamilton.

It seems Scott Speed and Liuzzi's days are numbered in F1. Replace Speed with Vettel, but keep Liuzzi. With a worthwhile teammate he may get his act together.

Date: July 24, 2007 01:57AM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
Whoever linked the Fernando/Massa spat, thanks! Hadn't seen it. To be honest Fernando came off looking a lot classier than I had given him credit for beforehand. Massa looked a bit like a upset child to me. ;)

Strange.....I find myself becoming a Fernando fan a little bit more after every race...

As far as STR goes, it's obvious the team is in turmoil. Berger and company didn't want Speed to begin with, and whether he did well or not they were determined to find a reason to show him the door. Personally I never have rated Luizzi very highly, and in my opinion Bourdais will be heads and shoulders above him as a driver.

I'm not a Speed fanboy, but I wonder how he would perform for a team that actually tried to coach him up and show him a bit of support...

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Date: July 24, 2007 02:13AM
Posted by: Joe_Satriani
Jagdpanzer Wrote:
> Strange.....I find myself becoming a Fernando fan
> a little bit more after every race...

Same here. Never thought I'd feel like this, but he is indeed making a better impression on me lately.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy