marcl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> The thing I dont understand is only ferrari have
> the document Mike has written so how is the
> Italian press getting it. If it has been leaked
> then ferrari can not use it in court or anywhere
> as it was agreed that it would be kept away from
> the public.

if you've read the story i gave the link to on the last page, you'll have seen this sentence:

"Italian newspaper La Repubblica reproduced excerpts of the document, which as part of a private agreement with Ferrari cannot be used by Italian prosecutors in a case against the suspended engineer."

:)

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2007 06:47PM by Muks_C.
Re: suspended mclaren employee is mike coughlan
Date: July 19, 2007 08:15AM
Posted by: marcl
Ok cheers its just that when I read about it the 1st time I read it that it was bewteen him and ferrari and was not meant to be shown around.
Date: July 19, 2007 02:11PM
Posted by: mikef1
Here's some more allegations against Mclaren, it just gets worse for them.:

[www.pitpass.com]
Date: July 19, 2007 02:13PM
Posted by: MarcLister
mikef1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Here's some more allegations against Mclaren, it
> just gets worse for them.:
>
> [www.pitpass.com]
> hp?fes_art_id=32147

Well if McLaren escape a ban for the Coughlan fiasco, they won't escape a ban for this!

SHOCKING!!

;)
Date: July 19, 2007 02:31PM
I nearly fell for that this morning.

Its a very clever wind up :)
Date: July 19, 2007 04:48PM
This does not look to good for mclaren

[www.autosport.com]
Date: July 19, 2007 06:45PM
Posted by: Muks_C
I know it's a meant to be a joke, but i didn't find that Pitpass article funny in the slightest :)

Date: July 19, 2007 08:40PM
Posted by: Slash
[www.autosport.com]

ROFL, it's this true??? i love this last quote...

Furthermore, the police report states that an eyewitness claims to have seen Stepney supposedly emptying the left pocket of his trousers in the location where shortly after the powder was found.

Commenting on the police report, Stepney was quoted by Corriere della Sera as saying: "It's true, I emptied the pockets, as can be confirmed by a friend that was with me at the time. But I don't know how that powder ended in there."
Date: July 19, 2007 08:40PM
Posted by: Slash
sh*t sorry for this double post, somehting is wrong with my mouse..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/19/2007 08:41PM by Slash.
Date: July 19, 2007 09:17PM
Posted by: Nickv
No, something's wrong with the forum as that shouldn't happen ;)
Date: July 20, 2007 03:43AM
Posted by: Lex
Lol at the Pitpass article. ;)

Um dois três quatro cinco seis sete oito nove dez
Eins zwei drei vier fünf sechs sieben acht neun zehn
One two three four five six seven eight nine ten
Один два три четыре пять шесть семь восемь девять десять

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2007 03:46AM by Lex.
Date: July 24, 2007 03:55PM
Only a few more days to go until we find out.

There are stories on google that claim the FIA have enough info to throw the book at mclaren.

Most of it will be how mclaren knew about the ferrari flexi floor.
Date: July 24, 2007 05:08PM
Posted by: chet
Well, on the itv gridwalk, bernie said its rubbish really, well somethign similar, so i doubt anything will happen.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: July 24, 2007 05:18PM
Posted by: mikef1
Maybe but Bernie isn't running the FIA so he doesn't have a say in what the outcome will be.

Personally i doubt Mclaren will be excluded from racing this season, the potentially exciting four way championship would be ruined if Macca was chucked out and the back lash would be disastrous for the sports image.
Date: July 24, 2007 05:19PM
Posted by: tripleM
Formula 1 should die on the spot if people* have reached the stage where they seriously think that Ecclestone can speak for all 26 members of the WMSC.

*not aimed at anyone in particular

Date: July 24, 2007 05:30PM
Posted by: chet
Lol.
Well, my point being surley nothing as severe as points being deducted, if that does happen, F1 will fall into a huge dispute will it not?

Mainly because of Lewis.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: July 24, 2007 05:33PM
Posted by: tripleM
Should actual evidence of unauthorized possession of confidential information and actual usage of it be uncovered then sweeping the whole thing under the carpet under the pretense of potentially exciting championship would look even worse.

Date: July 24, 2007 05:47PM
Posted by: Muks_C
yes, i agree.

and of course Ferrari will benefit if McLaren are thrown out, so it would look even worse, we'd get all the "FIA favour Ferrari" nonsense again.

but i think it would be ok to deduct constructors points from McLaren, but let the drivers keep their points to get round this backlash.

but then again, like TripleM said, you can't brush it under the carpet if something serious went on, even if it wasn't directly the drivers fault. the integrity of the sport will be undermined if McLaren are guilty but the drivers get away without punishment.

i hope it doesn't come to any of that, but they have to take action if McLaren (or its employees) were in the wrong.

Date: July 24, 2007 06:18PM
Posted by: mschumi
Weell, i don't know what decision will be taken, but i hope it will be a fair one :)

Scuderia Ferrari Forever
Date: July 26, 2007 09:17AM
We find out today if we still have an f1 season.

This is what ferrari are now saying, but they fail to mention the reason why they are behind on points is due to break downs and some bad driving the wind tunnel that broke twice. Even after ferrari changed the floor they won races.

I sort of expect mclaren will be banned for the rest of this year as I dont see how they can prove Mike did not use the plans.

It looks like though ferrari are leaking the info or someone in Ferrari is.

Ferrari: spying 'likely' benefited McLaren

By Biranit Goren Thursday, July 26th 2007, 01:30 GMT

Ferrari believe McLaren's advantage in the world championship this year is "likely" because their chief designer Mike Coughlan was holding confidential Ferrari documents.

As McLaren prepare to appear in front of the FIA World Motor Sport Council on Thursday, Ferrari's standpoint on McLaren's involvement was made public for the first time since the affair began less than a month ago.

According to British newspaper the Guardian, Ferrari state in a recent document submitted to the London High Court that the stolen documents found in Coughlan's possession were beneficial to the McLaren team in the Formula One championship.

"The difference between the two teams [in the world championship standings] is so close that it is likely that McLaren's superior number of points is a consequence of its chief designer having the Ferrari documents," Ferrari's representatives write.

According to Ferrari, the fact that Coughlan "was in possession of the Ferrari documents has given McLaren an unfair advantage over Ferrari" and that "Ferrari will suffer loss of at least 5.5 million euro" if they lose the constructors' championship - as well as "suffer loss in respect of damage to the Ferrari brand."

According to the Guardian, Ferrari's court document also contests McLaren's claim that Coughlan was the only employee who knew about the documents.

The newspaper report says Ferrari's lawyers list five different occasions on which confidential Ferrari information was made known to high ranking McLaren executives, including McLaren F1 CEO Martin Whitmarsh, and the team's engineering director Paddy Lowe.

These occasions include not only ex-Ferrari engineer Nigel Stepney informing McLaren about Ferrari's floor, but also leaking to McLaren information about Ferrari's brakes and rear wing-flap separators.

Ferrari are adamant the information Coughlan obtained unlawfully benefited McLaren.

"The chief designer is part of the key group of three to four people who drive the technical team to improve the car," Ferrari's lawyers have told the High Court.

"The opportunity for a chief designer to influence the car's performance in all areas is huge."

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2007 09:36AM by marcl.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy