Brundle attacks Michael

Posted by Ellis 
Re: Brundle attacks Michael
Date: January 11, 2004 05:43PM
Posted by: -{TETSUO}-
Defended his line? Never heard such crap. Yeah Hill should waited but Shuspackers car was almost stationary after his botched corner. You can't just turn in on a car like that. It's hard to give the benefit of the doubt as that cheating German has done it on a number of cases. With Mika at Adelaide. Mika came up behind Michael to pass. As Mika got behind in his slipstream Michael let off the gas and let Mika run in the back of him. And he's done it to JV as well. That's 3 times he has deliberatly cheated and he knows it and the other drivers know it too. Probably why so many are scared of overtaking him. They know he would run them off if he could.

The clouds will part and the sky cracks open and god himself will reach his F***ing arm through JUST TO PUSH YOU DOWN JUST TO HOLD YOU DOWN
Date: January 11, 2004 07:25PM
Posted by: Eagle
Its rather weird you guys are chatting about the clash between Michael and Damon at the 1994 Adelaide GP, because I know that corner very well (since I live in Adelaide anyway).

I've seen the 1994 F1 review tape several times, and everytime I watch it, it looks like a deliberate attempt to take Hill out after Schumacher knew that his car was too damaged enough to finish the race..and standing at the exact same spot where it happened nearly 10 years ago, I relive the moment every time I'm standing there.

The only thing that helps me maintain my slender grip on reality is the friendship I share with my collection of singing potatoes.
Date: January 11, 2004 07:55PM
Posted by: Slash
you are all bunch of nonesense guys!!

"what schumacher needs, is to pull a chop on somone lik ehe did to alonso in silverstone, but the driver needs to just keep his foot in it, and take schuey off at that speed"

Montoya lift at italy, remember? i don't think there are ny suicidal formula drvrs, you guys live in a fantasy world, nobody's goig to do that, not even Montoya, as some of you say... you think he's the bravest driver out there?, get out! h wasn't that brave to take the media after ims, he wasn't tht brave to face he loose his chances, but two days after!, he' such a tw*t!

i reall think the only one who wouldn't lift off would be Villeneuve, but sadly he doesn' have the speed to fight againt him anyway....

God save the KING "schuey"

Date: January 11, 2004 07:59PM
Posted by: Ellis
Montoya lift at italy, remember?

No? What i remember is Michael getting a better exit from the 2nd chicane and out dragging JPM down to the Lezmos.

i don't think there are ny suicidal formula drvrs, you guys live in a fantasy world, nobody's goig to do that, not even Montoya, as some of you say... you think he's the bravest driver out there?, get out! h wasn't that brave to take the media after ims, he wasn't tht brave to face he loose his chances, but two days after!, he' such a tw*t!

I dont understand what the hell you are even talking about mate :S

i reall think the only one who wouldn't lift off would be Villeneuve, but sadly he doesn' have the speed to fight againt him anyway....

And it had bugger all to do with his car? Im tired of the JV argument because it leads the same place as bloody usuall, people refusing to belive the car had nothng to do with it.

God save the KING "schuey"

I have never known a KING to cheat. Have you?

Please make sense before posting because the whole argument is the way Michael conducts his driving on the track is dangerous and arrogent. He refuses to lift and gives another driver the choice of lifting or going into the wall. It is dangerous and should not be tollerated

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: January 12, 2004 04:48AM
Posted by: Pooky
yes, you say that, but how do you really know that michael knew his car was damaged??

he hit the wall, and immediately defended his line, it is what anyone would have done.

unluckily for damon, they touched.

michael i doubt would have known immediately to the extent of the damage to his suspension/steering whatever,

remember this all happened with in a very short period of time

Date: January 12, 2004 05:37AM

yes, you say that, but how do you really know that michael knew his car was damaged??

The front wheel was visibly wobbeling and you would instantly know as soon as your back on tarmac your car was damaged. There was a short time of a few seconds between him hitting the wall and the accident, EASILY enough to know if your car is terminally screwed

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: January 12, 2004 06:50AM
yes u probably correct.

hang on....

why the hell am i defending schumacher?????? lol

Date: January 12, 2004 08:29AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
tbh I blame hill as much as michael. yes ms shouldn't have turned in, but damon was NEVER going to make it through there!

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: January 12, 2004 08:33AM
yea thats my point

hill should have been cautious, he seen ms went off the road, so he should have thourght he might be damaged

and even if MS was not damaged he had dust all over his tyres, so hill would have got him somewhere on that lap anyway

Date: January 12, 2004 08:51AM
Posted by: Zcott
Look at it this way:

You've spent a year fighting a car that doesn't want to go quickly and it killed your team mate, one of the best F1 drivers of all time.

If you finish ahead of this guy, you'll win the title.

You come around a corner to find him scrabbling back onto the track after going off.

You have about 2 seconds to decide what to do. Wouldn't you go for the gap? Schumacher did leave a gap, and Hill should have gone for it. He didn't know that Michael's car was damaged.

This could be the only chance you're going to get to win the title....why wait?

Date: January 12, 2004 09:01AM
1994 it goes to the wire, ends up with Michael turning in on Hill
1997 goes to the wire, ends up Michael turning in on JV
2003 goes to the wire and Schumacher makes a pigs ear of the race

All 3 times its went to the wire, Michael has struggled badly, twice resulting to removing another car

Date: January 12, 2004 09:03AM
Posted by: X_Acto
Totally agree, Zcott!

That was a chance of a lifetime!

I want Hill became champion that year (1994), the Williams team really deserve it!

-----------------------------------------------------

Date: January 12, 2004 09:13AM
yea but he would have become champion if hehad paused and picked his pass, not just going for a whole

also - he should have known this is schumacher, and he is a tough competitor

Date: January 12, 2004 09:29AM
Michael had no excuses for what he done.

Date: January 12, 2004 09:47AM
Posted by: Zcott
also - he should have known this is schumacher, and he is a tough competitor

Michael had just exposed a massive weakness in going off the track, and this was quite possibly Hill's only chance to pass. I believe he was entirely correct in going for the gap. Michael's tyres were dirty, and would have cleaned up not long after that corner, rendering the advantage useless.

Undoubtedly Michael's steering was damaged, but whether this caused him to take Hill out intentionally or accidentally I don't know. The fact remains that this could have been the only opportunity to win the title for Hill.

Date: January 12, 2004 09:57AM
Posted by: Oleg
I take it that nobody read my link.Well too bad.Nothing suggests that it was a deliberate action and nothing shows for certain that the Benetton was terminally damaged so he had no right to defend his line.

Everything in the past is better than today.It's true,I read it on the internet.
Date: January 12, 2004 10:04AM
I don't believe that Benetton was able to end the race...

Date: January 12, 2004 10:29AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Zcott, I do see what you're saying, but michael's car was never going to finish the race with that damage....so maybe it is a subconscious action to go for the gap, but I don't think so, and he should have waited, knowing that even if MS' car wasn't terminally damaged, he would need to put that lap.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: January 12, 2004 10:30AM
Posted by: Oleg
Please make sense before posting because the whole argument is the way Michael conducts his driving on the track is dangerous and arrogent. He refuses to lift and gives another driver the choice of lifting or going into the wall. It is dangerous and should not be tollerated

What gets me most is that i can't see why you people follow F1.Everyone wants to see more racing and passing yet when it happens it's sometimes an object of criticism.

Hard and close open-wheel racing will inevitably lead to incidents - some of which might end up being controversial. But to simply claim that one driver is always to blame (even when his car fails), always has bad motives, always cheats, etc. is nonsense. MS is no saint and he makes his share of mistakes, but to say his "sportmanship is a total zero" is quite a bit of hyperbole.

Schumacher's move in Jerez was the turning point.IMO after the Adelaide accident the press were looking for a scapegoat,but faced with a lack of proof they had to wait till 97.The image was drawn quite clear,if there was any doubt about Adelaide than Jerez was definite proof.Pretty single-minded and narrow,yet it made for a good selling.

Everything in the past is better than today.It's true,I read it on the internet.
Date: January 12, 2004 10:55AM
i agree oleg

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy