Brundle attacks Michael

Posted by Ellis 
Re: Brundle attacks Michael
Date: January 14, 2004 08:25AM
Posted by: marcl
MS was not even trying to pass trulli Oleg he even said that, he was trying to stop DC going round the outside of him.

Other people passed RB at the corner they crashed, I think DC passed him. When JPM tried RB did not leave room.
Date: January 14, 2004 08:48AM
Posted by: _Alex_
Yes he did. Coulthard passed Barrichello because it was a great move, and he managed to maintain speed around the outside, so he clearly had the inside line for the left-hand part. Montoya was nowhere near meriting the inside line for the left-hander. He had not carried enough speed through the right-hander. It was similar to the Schumi/Trulli accident, regardless of whether Michael was trying to pass or not. There wasn't room in either case.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: January 14, 2004 08:51AM
Posted by: Oleg
MS was not even trying to pass trulli Oleg he even said that, he was trying to stop DC going round the outside of him.

Point is that they both made a mistake.Is that clear enough for you?

Other people passed RB at the corner they crashed, I think DC passed him.

DC was far enogh alongside and had a better run from the 1st corner than Montoya.

When JPM tried RB did not leave room.

Ok,i see little sence in argueing here since nothing will convince you that Barrichello didn't do it on purpose and that he wasn't 100% to blame.

Everything in the past is better than today.It's true,I read it on the internet.
Date: January 14, 2004 08:54AM
I know he did not do it on purpose but even drivers like Prost have spoken up about it.

Rubens is a clumsy driver and tends to trip up a hell of a lot compared to other top drivers take germany for example, 9 out of 10 drivers would have seen what was gonna happen but not rubens.

JPM did not make a mistake he was trying to pass, MS made a mistake he drove into the back of another car and ruined a number of peoples races.

Post Edited (01-14-04 16:04)

Date: January 14, 2004 09:22AM
Posted by: Oleg
JPM did not make a mistake he was trying to pass

You must be mental.Trying to pass when you have no chance of making it clean is not a mistake to you?

Baaaaaaaa.

Everything in the past is better than today.It's true,I read it on the internet.
Date: January 14, 2004 09:26AM
he did have a chance though Oleg he was down the inside all rubens had to do was leave space and jpm and RB would have carried on. So many other drivers pulled off that move over the years.

He went round the outside or corner 1 and had the inside for the 2nd corner but rb took his line and they crashed.

U have your view i have mine leave it there
Date: January 14, 2004 10:11AM
Rubens is a clumsy driver and tends to trip up a hell of a lot compared to other top drivers take germany for example, 9 out of 10 drivers would have seen what was gonna happen but not rubens

You say some bizarre things. Rubens was totally the innocent party in that accident. Okay, there was obviously a slight misjudgement on his part because he hit Kimi, but only because Ralf was drifting across, seemingly unaware of the extent to which he was so doing. But other than that, he was sandwiched, and couldn't really have done much about it. Remember, the wheels on those cars stick out, so if he'd backed off, he might have caught both Ralf's and Kimi's rear wheels with his front wheels, which would have been worse. It was a racing accident - Ralf was responsible, but certainly not Rubens.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: January 14, 2004 10:17AM
Rubens did hit kimis rear wheel though. I agree RS moved over but Rubens could see him doing so. All he had to to is back off like others have done in the past. Kimi was not to blame at all he had no where to go yet the teams tried to blame him. Yes it was a racing accident and i am not blaming rubens but i feel other drivers would have backed off.

There have been other races though where he just makes silly errors.

Melbourne 2002 weaved at the start RS hits him
Brazil 2002 just drove into the back of RS.

There are many races but am not gonna name them all, but he has done some pritty silly things.

Post Edited (01-14-04 17:19)

Date: January 14, 2004 10:24AM
So have all the drivers on the grid, particularly a certain other South American. But presumably it's Let's all suddenly attack Rubens Barrichello Day today, so forget them.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: January 14, 2004 10:33AM
Posted by: Zcott
Any driver who considers himself a racing driver wouldn't have backed off.

Date: January 14, 2004 10:50AM
Posted by: Muks_C
Hey Alex, I didn't know its Let's all suddenly attack Rubens Barrichello Day today, i though that was in march! Oh well, he has a peanut for a head! Is that ok?

Post Edited (01-14-04 17:51)

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: January 14, 2004 02:58PM
A racing would not back off correct, but to avoid a crash they would. So by your reconing Alonso should not have backed off at silverstone he should have hit MS.

If drivers do not back off they will crash at high speeds. Rubens could have backed off many drivers would have that way all 3 cars would have got round the 1st corner and raced. Yes RS should not have moved over like he did but RB should have seen it where was he looking?.

Alex for your info i dont rate JPM anyway.
Date: January 14, 2004 06:59PM
Posted by: Ellis
Firstly, nobody has forced anybody into a wall. So drop that one. Secondly, drivers are forced to put wheels on the grass all the time. It has been said on countless occasions - Raikkonen did it to Michael at Melbourne last year. Going by your argument, Michael could have thought "No. No, I will NOT move for this guy, I WILL keep my line" and they probably would have touched. But Kimi forced Michael to back out of it, squeezing him so he had to put two wheels on the grass, which is totally fair and a significant element of racing.

first of all, I will not drop the "forced into a wall" argument because you say so. You said it youyrself, he gives drivers the choiceof backing out the throttle or going into a wall. why is this considerd safe in your view?

Secondly, Kimi Michael at Oz was during a corner. Michael feels the need to drive ALL the way accross the track and put his car where somebody else already has his....on a STRIGHT and force that driver to place his car off the track at 190mph on a surface with less grip. Are you attemtping to justifing Michael swearving all the way accros the track and putting another driver off it? Come off it!

Because he was infront. It's quite simple.

He was alongside actaully. He was only infront after Alonso got off the throttle. Yes, Michaels nose was infront, but that does not give him the right to put another drivers saftey in danger.

I don't remember this actually happening.On the basis of what i have seen,Schumacher moved first and kept going with a pretty constant steering input while Alonso went for a closing gap which he wasn't able to make.To say that it was deliberate attempt to force another driver off the road and left Alonso no choice is wrong,because he could have gone to the left and probably passed Michael round the outside because he had a better run onto the straight.

Wrong. He went down what would have been the inside to stowew. Michael jolted to the right hand side of the track and forced alonso to life off the throttle to let Michaels car ahead, buit still even after lifting off the throttle he had to go onto the grass. Why is this sort of go-kart driving acceptable? Alonso didnt have any choice after Michael put him on the grass. That kind of driving is disgracefull and Michael ahs the mind to talk about Hill being dangerous in Canada, whilst he is forcing other drivers to take serious avoiding action.

Tbh my biggest worry was the glorification of Montoya's manouvre.I am not against hard racing,i just find it a bit odd when one driver is vilified and the other is lauded for it.

It was glorified even more because of Ross Brawns pathetic comments. It was glorified to almost shove it in Ross's face. After the driving Michael displays he has the mind to complain about JPMs standards. Its called being a sore loser.

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: January 14, 2004 09:25PM
Posted by: chrislewis
Melbourne 2002 weaved at the start RS hits him

You can hardly put blame on him for that. The crash report said Rubens did nothing illegal and it was in fact Ralf responsible for the crash.

No matter what way you see it, its almost impossible to avoid a crash from behind.

Date: January 14, 2004 09:44PM
RS missed his braking point by miles, on cold tyres and cold brakes

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: January 15, 2004 12:41AM
Posted by: Marco1
This conversation is all over the place.... How can one condemn MS for winning the way he does. In my mind Schumacher has made only two errors in his career, 1994 - Hill and 1997 - Villeneuve. Thats all. Look to montoya's actions on track for proof of a lousy, arrogant driver. JPM is and has been since arriving to formula obsessed with defeating schumacher, look to Austria a few years ago, when the columbian was watching his mirrors instead of what was ahead and went directly off the track taking schumacher with him. Recently look to Indy where Montoya knocked Barricello out of the race. He is far more dangerous on track, and before he retires he should have a worse reputation yet. he's scrappy and messy.

Schumacher has won championships based on skill on the track and off the track. Against alonso at silverstone, that cannot be compared ellis to Hill's manuvers in canada years ago. Reason being there is no section of silverstone where the cars are travelling upwards of 330 km/h. Hill accomplished that dreadfull manouver going down the back straight in canada, uncomparable circumstances. If Hill was any good, he would have been at least double world champion, not winning a championship in a vastly superior williams, where his nearest rival was a canadian rookie. Another DC in my eyes VASTLY OVER RATED...

It cutting infront of someone or squeezing them towards the end of the road is un ethical, then all racing should be stopped, or the FIA should ban passing. Oh wait, by the sounds of this discussion the FIA should ban schumacher passing, but when JPM touches schumacher going into a corner, gives the german no room to move, that is called brilliance?

Mika Hakkinen put it the best after winning the French GP. " This was a beautiful day for motorsports, all sorts of passing, and no contact, this sets a great example for children watching the sport"

since JPM and crew have entered formula one, coupled with the new rules, I am shocked Vince McMahan isnt elected president of the FIA. or might I say the new XIA ;)

2003 was also a disgusting season in terms of driving skill, how anyone can say its the best season ever is beyond me. secondly, how martin brundle or anyone else for that matter could bash schumacher is beyond me as well.

....Classic Case of the Haves and Have NOTS......

Date: January 15, 2004 02:27AM
RB moved 3 times at the start of the race
Date: January 15, 2004 02:45AM
Posted by: andrew_S
the hanger straight, is very fast for 1 and

manouver going down the back straight in canada, uncomparable circumstances. If Hill was any good, he would have been at least double world champion, not winning a championship in a vastly superior williams, where his nearest rival was a canadian rookie.

this nearest rival only managed 2 (iirc) wins that year, in a car "your granny could drive" he didnt get all that close, apart from keep getting those second places,, if hill was any good? i never understood that, he more than matched mansell, he more than matched prost, and could have put up a more concerted fight, if he was aloud in the eary season, he more than matched JV, more than matched DC, and he was getting to sennas pace in the passive and troublesome williams, whcn senna was killed, bash or gloryfy schumacher as much as you like, but damon was a very very good driver

2003 was also a disgusting season in terms of driving skill, how anyone can say its the best season ever is beyond me. secondly, how martin brundle or anyone else for that matter could bash schumacher is beyond me as well.

how? well maybe because he raced him? maybe because hes allowed an opinion just like everyone else, and its that age old case, if you dont like what hes saying and hes "disgusting", then he has a problem, and theres something wrong with him, to be quite honnest, whether what youve wrote is bullshit, or what hes wrote is bullshit, hes in one hell of a better position to judge than you, so what does that make your opinion?

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: January 15, 2004 03:02AM
[rant mode]

Sorry mate, had enough and this fan boy shite is going to stop right here

In my mind Schumacher has made only two errors in his career, 1994 - Hill and 1997 - Villeneuve. Thats all.

Silverstone 1994. Utter pathetic arrogence from a man who should know better. He acted like a two year old and made himself look stupid in front of the world.

Thats all. Look to montoya's actions on track for proof of a lousy, arrogant driver. JPM is and has been since arriving to formula obsessed with defeating schumacher, look to Austria a few years ago, when the columbian was watching his mirrors instead of what was ahead and went directly off the track taking schumacher with him. Recently look to Indy where Montoya knocked Barricello out of the race. He is far more dangerous on track, and before he retires he should have a worse reputation yet. he's scrappy and messy.

Utter Bullshit in the highest form. You claim Michale has made two mistakes then you bring up just two mistakes from JPM and expect us to listen? One of these mistakes is also the much debated Rubens accident where everyone has split views. The Asutria one is was just that - a mistake. He made an error. Kind of like when Schumahcer went bouncing accross the gravel at Austria? Remeber that one? Or rolling in Oz? Remember that? Or braking his leg? Or crashing out on lap 1 at monaco? Remember that too? It was an ERROR. What it was NOT was a Michael - and thats DELBRATLY removing another car from the race. This is NOT a MISTAKE this is a delbrate action which michael chose to do. It was NOT a MISTAKE in the way you mention Austria from JPM. So please remove yourself from your high horse and stop with these fan boy comments because im sick of reading this bullshit. Im not going to marc1 lengths where i shall blame Ferrari for world hunger, but im sick of this bullshit, so spout it on a Ferrari forum

Against alonso at silverstone, that cannot be compared ellis to Hill's manuvers in canada years ago. Reason being there is no section of silverstone where the cars are travelling upwards of 330 km/h. Hill accomplished that dreadfull manouver going down the back straight in canada, uncomparable circumstances.

What? Hanger stright is probably the fastest point on the silverstone circuit. Just as the back stright at Canada is the fastest point there. Your clutching at straws. You just admitted that Michael done the same as Hill, but in your opinion (but not in fact) at a slower speed. Michael forced another driver off the track - FACT, stop tryng to clear him of it because the video is there

If Hill was any good, he would have been at least double world champion, not winning a championship in a vastly superior williams, where his nearest rival was a canadian rookie. Another DC in my eyes VASTLY OVER RATED...

Your arrogence amazes me. I take it every driver who has less than 2 WDC's is "not any good" then? Get a @#$%& grip mate.

It cutting infront of someone or squeezing them towards the end of the road is un ethical, then all racing should be stopped, or the FIA should ban passing. Oh wait, by the sounds of this discussion the FIA should ban schumacher passing, but when JPM touches schumacher going into a corner, gives the german no room to move, that is called brilliance?

Like what example?

Squeezing a driver is fine, that happens all the time. Thats called defending your position. forcing another driver off the track is not. Thats called dangerous driving. See the difference? No, didnt think so.

Oh yeah, you enjoyed 2002 didnt you. You dont enjoy racing, you enjoy glorying hunting. 2003 was a fantastic year with mega close battle throughout the year. Why are you not happy? Because Ferrari didnt clearly win it by miles. Grow up.

Can you give a real reason why 2003 was disgusting compared to other seasons?

Please think before psoting such arrogent comments because they truely are sickening

If Hill was any good, he would have been at least double world champion

For your own credability i hope that was a joke

Date: January 15, 2004 03:36AM
MS is not even a sports man to this day he has still not given DH the winners trophy from Spa 1994
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy