In the past 5 hours, I've nearly learned to love the FW26!

Posted by Kimi Räikkönen 
I first saw it at about 3:45, (got bored at college during lesson!) and hated it, but was excited. About 2 to 3 hours later, I looked at it again on here and at f1.racing-live.com, and began to appreciate it and like it more. Then I looked at it again about 5 minutes ago, and am still looking at it, and now I'm close to loving it!!!!! What a great, new design!!!!! Even if it's tediously slow, I think Williams should get an award for it's daring design.

I estimate I will completely fall in love with it in about...

Yep!!!!! I love it!!!!!

Post Edited (01-05-04 20:54)

Sorry guys, my forum is down. :(
mmmmmm, i really cant comment

i find it hideously ugly.

Well they say that a car is only beautiful when it wins, so lets just wait...

Sorry guys, my forum is down. :(
i don't know whether the car looks "cool" or just ugly. i suspect my final decision will be "cool."

it certainly isnt a thing of beauty tho

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It should have a great front end, in terms of driveability though.

F1archives * Facebook * YouTube
RS and JPM have commented that it is "similar to the FW25 but alot more stable"

That almost proves to be better :D

Andrew. Australia.
After all it proves me wrong. I still here myself saying "Hoe radical can this design be? They won't have two noses or what!". They have two noses. Radical. Very radical. But then, the Titanic and the Hindenburg were radical, too.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
so because this car is radical it's gonna crash and have a large loss of life? :-o

I was just about to write here too saying that I'm loving it lately. At first it was ugly, but now I think it is something really great.

I want to congratulate Antonia and Frank Dernie for that design. I predict every body is going follow that nose, not this year, but the next.
I just saw it for the first time, so my impressions may change, but here are my first reactions;
1. No wonder JPM is leaving!
2. The engine is still in the back right?
3. I thought 70's retro was back out of style
4. Is this BMW's new SUV?
5. Who's gonna make that carshape?
6. When has a car that radical won the championship?
and finally
7. If it beats Schumi, it's beautiful!
6. When has a car that radical won the championship?
and finally

well lots but thats not the point, just because the nose is unique doesn't mean the car is radical, the rest looks pretty similar to the FW25 and Patrick has said its a logical development of last years car

But then, the Titanic and the Hindenburg were radical, too.

Altho the titanic sunk more through human stupidity and the Hindenberg had many "ingrediants" which was later discovered that are also used in rocket fuel... ;-)

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Radical was my first impression. Seeing the video on the Williams website, it does look more like the previous car from most angles. My point about the championship is just that cars that attempt to take to big of a step forward sometimes take years to develop, others just fall flat. Ferrari's cars have been evolving in what looks like a continuous direction, McLaren and Williams are bigger departures. Can't wait to see which is the fastest!
i think the nose looks a bit odd (not ugly), but more to the point it's probably quick, which is what F1 is all about. So that's the Mclaren and Williams both with very different noses...now i really can't wait to see what Ferrari have come up with.

"To the believer, no evidence is needed. To the non-believer, no evidence is sufficient."
I like it very much, i really love cars that have an agressive appeal, and this Williams looks awesome, i cant wait when in the end of the year, the die cast minichamps cars begins to be released, also, the appearence makes a wonderful combo with the powerfull BMW engine.
I think it looks ugly but so does the new McLaren... i think they will both be faster then Ferrari as these radical changes have been done for a reason and would not have been done if they didnt know it would be faster

ferrari 2004 car will not look much different to the 2003-ga. remember that the 2003-ga is different from the 2002 car (not mch but enough) so they will only need to develop the 2003-ga bcos they have alot more scope for development. what puzzles me is (apart from the contractual agreement obviously) why the hell ferrari dont go on michelins? i read martin brundle or ja,es allen say in a post season review that if michael was on michelins, then he wud have won the championship halfway thru the season. i guess he bases this on the performance of renault which even lapped schumi in one race. if renalut was on the same tyresas ferrari that wud not happen,

anyway mclaren is in the best position. they are breking lap records left right and centre and back!
But the mclaren has not done a weekend millage on the engine the williams has ok not in the new car but the old one.

In resent tests mclaren were way faster than williams so this williams needs to be a big step.

Testing is hard to predict as we never know tyres and fuel loads.

But even pedro has been really fast in the mclaren and he is not really at the same level as DC, JPM and RS.
Seems like the shocker of Magny-Cours 2002 has had a healthy and stimulating effect on Williams and MacLaren. I wonder how Renault will do, now that they ditched their wide angle engine design.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
If ferrari were on the same tyres williams and mclaren still could have beaten them who knows.

The ferrari was designed around bridgestone tyres. When mclaren switched makes for 2002 they had probs it took them a year to sort things out and even then only the 18 and 19 were designed fully for the michellin tyres.

Ferrari was a tyre advantage in some races this year. MS still could have won early this year had he not made errors in the early races.

Post Edited (01-06-04 09:22)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy