Brundle attacks Michael

Posted by Ellis 
Re: Brundle attacks Michael
Date: January 09, 2004 06:22PM
Posted by: Ellis
Michael squeezes people out because he knows he's racing with professionals, and he can push the boundary while remaining in relative safety - sometimes it becomes very tight, but what would motorracing be without extremely tight situations at high speed?

I take it Alonso being forced to drive on the grass at 190mph is safe then?

Arent the other proffesional entitled to keep there car there? What if one day someone doesnt move? Will Michael be in trouble? What will your opinion be? Oen day cars arent going to move out the way for Michael, and hes going to crash, and then theres going to be fireworks. Its just a matter of time. Interesting how Michael ahd the cheeky to complain about Hill doing in Montreal back in 98 and he does it race in race out

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: January 09, 2004 07:10PM
Posted by: chrislewis
but he has never before slagged off MS and I am sure MS will be shocked as the 2 of them get on well.

Ive heard that they dont particuarly like each other.

incident with Rubens at Indy you could clearly see Montoya had the racing line and still had two wheels on the track

Having two wheels on the track or have the racing line doesnt make it right to take Rubens off.

Date: January 09, 2004 07:48PM
Posted by: andrew_S
i dont think it was intentional just a bit clumsy, rubens could easly have given him a bit more space, but it was more 50/50 than anything in my book

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: January 09, 2004 08:56PM
Having two wheels on the track or have the racing line doesnt make it right to take Rubens off.

that one is still debtable since even rubens himself refused to comment after seeing the video, Rubens claimed he left room, which he didnt and JPM was already on the inside. Rubens could have just ran 1/2m wider than normal and been on the inside for the next 3 corners.

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: January 09, 2004 09:51PM
Posted by: -{TETSUO}-
Imo it was Montoya who had the line into turn 2 and Rubens knows it that's why he refused to comment. And please refrain from trying to bash Montoya. Without him you would be left with some right boring drips who only overtake in the pits *cough* Shumacher brothers *cough*

The clouds will part and the sky cracks open and god himself will reach his F***ing arm through JUST TO PUSH YOU DOWN JUST TO HOLD YOU DOWN
Date: January 10, 2004 04:02AM
Posted by: Pooky
yes it would be stupid to keep your foot in it and risk a collision

but too many drivers give in and back off - instinct of course at that speed, and then schumacher thinks he can keep doing it

remember that australia 2000 crash, which set the seed in mika's head that it is too dangerous now he has got a family etc. and set the seed that he is going to retire,

well schumacher needs a wakeup call to say he cant keep chopping rivals, and a good thump into the barriers would certainly wake him up.

and yes there is danger, but i look at the recent safety in F1. burti at spa, bar's eu rouge 99 etc., aussie crashes, sato austria etc

Date: January 10, 2004 04:12AM
Posted by: Big_F1_Fan
don't you mean Aussie 2001? Hakkinen blew up in 2000.

I never thought the incident Mika had in Australia was really that bad, theres been a lot worse.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: January 10, 2004 04:13AM
Posted by: _Alex_
at Indy you could clearly see Montoya had the racing line

Actually Montoya did not have the racing line at all, and this was the major point of contention. It was Barrichello's corner, he had every right to close the door on Montoya. It was similar to the start at Malaysia, and Michael got a penalty for that. Both were clumsy moves. So I don't see what the problem was.

Without [JPM] you would be left with some right boring drips who only overtake in the pits *cough* Shumacher brothers *cough*

LOL, I can just about accept criticism that Ralf isn't the most daring driver when it comes to passing, but to accuse Michael of the same is hilarious. Alright last year didn't produce many overtaking opportunities for him, but previous to that, your comment has no justification.

Interesting how Michael ahd the cheeky to complain about Hill doing in Montreal back in 98 and he does it race in race out

That was totally different. Hill side-swiped him at 180mph (i.e. when Michael was actually alongside). Schumacher had to dart dramatically to the right and nearly lost control completely.

And Michael does not do it "race in race out"! Do you really believe that he does?

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: January 10, 2004 04:34AM
Posted by: Oleg
And please refrain from trying to bash Montoya.

Why is that?We all have different oppinions and don't expect all of them to come out positive.

For a lesson in bumper car driving you should review the 1998 Monaco F3000 race.

Maybe then you will understand where the criticism comes from and that Montoya is no angel too.

Everything in the past is better than today.It's true,I read it on the internet.
Date: January 10, 2004 04:36AM
Posted by: Pooky
yea sorry melbourne 2001

and it was quite a nasty crash, suspension failure and pretty hard into the barriers

Date: January 10, 2004 05:33AM
rubens himself refused to comment after seeing the video, Rubens claimed he left room, which he didnt and JPM was already on the inside.

IMO he refused to comment because he didnt want to slag Montoya off in public. Whether he left room or not is debatable as you said but he was almost a car length in front around a corner.

And please refrain from trying to bash Montoya.

Wheres this bashing that you wish us to refrain from?

Date: January 10, 2004 05:52AM
Posted by: Swooping Falcon
it is debatable

but rubens said he didn't even klip the curb, i would expect him to get close to the curb if montoya was coming down the inside

montoya's penalty in my opinion was unjustified, as it was a racing insident, it is risky when you make a passing move, but if drivers keep getting penalty's if something goes wrong in an attempt to overtake, it will discurage overtaking, and with no overtaking it wont be racing, it will be boring!

Date: January 10, 2004 05:57AM
Posted by: Alex13
btw... this is a wonderfull thread for MS-haters to throw their flames... ;)

AMD64 3400+ (running at 2,66ghz atm ;))DDR400 1gb(running at 433) Asus K8N-E Deluxe mobo, 6800ultra, Tagan tg-480w, Audigy 2Zs, Logitech Z-5500 speakers
Using X-aser Lanfire case with 5 fans inside cathodelights etc included aswell :P
Date: January 10, 2004 06:32AM
Posted by: Swooping Falcon
i agree

although i wouldn't say i hate him, i just don't like him

but i do respect his racing talent

but i don't like the fact that he gets away withmore than anyone else,
eg. if montoya had done what schumacher did to alonso in silverstone he would got a penalty

Post Edited (01-10-04 13:38)

Date: January 10, 2004 06:42AM
eg. if montoya had done what schumacher did to alonso in silverstone he would got a penalty

How can you be sure?

Date: January 10, 2004 07:31AM
Actually Montoya did not have the racing line at all, and this was the major point of contention. It was Barrichello's corner, he had every right to close the door on Montoya.

So, i see this as, its fine for Michael to make people move out the way, but as soon as JPM is on the inside, Rubens is entitled to turn his car in?

It was similar to the start at Malaysia, and Michael got a penalty for that.

Erm, which year?

. Schumacher had to dart dramatically to the right and nearly lost control completely./i]

But almost putting your own brother into a concreate wall is accpetable comapred to what Hill done then?

IMO he refused to comment because he didnt want to slag Montoya off in public. Whether he left room or not is debatable as you said but he was almost a car length in front around a corner.

Wrong. Because he did comment and DID slag off JPM before be watched the accident as he obviously belived he was in the right. Then after watching it seemed to be somewhat....embarressed when refusing to comment.

How can you be sure?

He put another driver off the track at 190mph. He put his car where another drivers car was. On a stright line he felt the need to swearve all the way accorss the track and a bit more, and put another driver off it and take serious avoiding action. A bit like Montreal 1998 eh?

Date: January 10, 2004 07:48AM
Posted by: Oleg
So, i see this as, its fine for Michael to make people move out the way, but as soon as JPM is on the inside, Rubens is entitled to turn his car in?

Rubens had every right for that corner.Montoya kept his foot down when in reality it was he who should be taking avoiding action.

He put another driver off the track at 190mph. He put his car where another drivers car was.

Wrong.Schumacher started to move first.Alonso went for the closing gap and failed.

Everything in the past is better than today.It's true,I read it on the internet.
Date: January 10, 2004 07:59AM
Posted by: _Alex_

That's interesting, because I don't. For a start Montoya wasn't on the inside. He'd already backed off after going round the outside of the first part of the chicane, but then kind of lunged forward again, going for a rapidly closing gap that was never going to be big enough. I see the incident as very similar to Schumacher's and Trulli's earlier in the year at Malaysia, and Michael got a penalty for that so all's fair.

Wrong. Because he did comment and DID slag off JPM

No, he didn't do that, because they're good friends. When he was interviewed, he avoided making any comment about JPM, just saying he was disappointed that he's missed a great opportunity for a great race and that was all he cared about.

For a lesson in bumper car driving you should review the 1998 Monaco F3000 race

I've heard many things about this race, but haven't known exactly what happened... what's the story?

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: January 10, 2004 08:04AM
Posted by: matthewp
I was surprised that Brundle said that too (and wonder if hes been misquoted because it doesn't seem like the kind of thing he would say) nevertheless the points are valid, schumachers block on Alonso at Silverstone was incredibly dangerous and a dispicable move, especially by the head of the GPDA

Date: January 10, 2004 08:07AM
Posted by: marcl
I am not a MS fan at all as most of u know and i dont like some of things that he has done.

I have to say though Alex i though some of MS drives last year were very poor and the mistakes he made were very sloppy.

As I said though Brundle could have made his comments a few years ago when other people were ie DC and JV.

As team mates MS and Brundle got on and when brundle interviewed him they seemed of with each other.

JPM does not back off and would rather go off than be passed i.e DC the other year at the european race.

What upsets me the most about MS is 1994, 1997 and the starts he does when he moves over on people.

If the FIA were harder with him like they are with other drivers he would not do what he does/did but they let it go thats why so many people dislike him.

I thought he was ok until 1992. Prost also slagged him off in portugal 1993 for weaving all over the place trying to keep him back.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy