Raikkonen deal with Renault almost done (New developments)

Posted by Joe_Satriani 
I think Kimi is going to Ferrari , here is 2 interesting comments :

Michael Schumacher's manager Willi Weber advised the seven times world champion that if he wins the title this season he should retire. Schumacher is currently second in the F1 championship, 17 points behind Alonso.

"I am not only his manager, I am also his long-time friend. If we win the title, I think it's time to retire," Weber told Reuters. "This is my advice. He can always do what he wants. But it is my advice and we will see what he is doing. He asked me 'what do you think I should do?' and then I gave him the answer, a real open answer."

"I said that when you win the championship then I think it's time to say goodbye, because this is the top level where you want to go. Otherwise you just can hurt yourself. I have told him that."

Jean Todt's comments after Hockenheim GP :
"A dream result!" exclaimed team boss Jean Todt. "The race was trouble free, the car was perfect, the drivers impeccable with Bridgestone tyres clearly superior to their competitors. The moment from this day I will keep in my mind is the podium ceremony, that featured my three favourite drivers.
Well, I think if he goes to Ferrari it won't be bad. Probably as good as Renault...but for the past couple of days, a few things and comments happened that made me change my mind, and now I think Kimi will indeed go to Ferrari, heh...
Ferrari drivers wont be confirmed until at Monza in september maybe Renault and McLaren will announce sooner .
Well our pit reporter talked to one of kimi managers and they said there will be great news after teh race in hungary

Iceman-Kimi Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Well our pit reporter talked to one of kimi managers and they said
> there will be great news after teh race in hungary
>
> ......................................................................
> ....................................
> Greetings from Holland
>

yeah well Monza is long after the Hungary :)
vesuvius schreef:
> Iceman-Kimi Wrote:
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Well our pit reporter talked to one of kimi managers and they
> said
> > there will be great news after teh race in hungary
> >
> >
>
> > ....................................
> > Greetings from Holland
> >
>
>
> yeah well Monza is long after the Hungary

He said short after the race in Hongary;-)

it only seems like this whole saga is going on for so long because the press have been asking about MS' future plans for the past 18 months (if not longer) when they had no need to because he was already contacted till the end of '06, which we have know for years.

and Brundle said, while the drivers were on the podium, that maybe MS should stay one more year and have Kimi alongside him.

i don't think if Kimi went there he would even be offered a 2nd driver role, they would know that he was the future of the team once MS goes, so it makes sense to make them equals cos it'd only be for a year or so, and once MS went, then they could make Kimi the clear no.1 and go back to those tactics if the wanted.

it would be an insult to Kimi if he were forced to be no.2, and i'd hope MS would't expect him to be a clear no.2 if he went there.

a driver of Kimi's calibre could be at least equal, if not better, than MS in the same car, unlike Irvine, Rubens, and Massa to a lesser degree, so i don't even think it would be on the agenda to make him the clear no.2. i would hope that MS would like to have an "open" season with Kimi alongside, a fair fight with no instructions from the outset.

as Rubens said though, he always got the same equipment as MS, just that he couldn't do with it what he wanted.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Iceman-Kimi Wrote:
> vesuvius schreef:
> -----
> > Iceman-Kimi Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Well our pit reporter talked to one of kimi managers and
> they
> > said
> > > there will be great news after teh race in hungary
> > >
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > ....................................
> > > Greetings from Holland
> > >
> >
> >
> > yeah well Monza is long after the Hungary
>
>
> He said short after the race in Hongary
>
> ....................................
> Greetings from Holland
>

ok I would really like to see that interview but then again they alredy told that same thing many months ago but nothing has happened ....
I cant really see Kimi going to Ferrari on a basis of being equal, if Kimi does go i wouldnt be suprised if he's paid a substantial amount to defer for one year to michael

Kimi is definately one of the best drivers in F1 and i cant see him agreeing to that unless hes financially persuaded, he's far above any of the calibre of the other team mates that taken the job on to be in the second best car on the grid

It'd be nice to see them race equally to be honest, but i think michaels gutless in that respect, he wouldnt want to be shown up by a very fast young charger with a singlemindedness to win.

Something thats been lacking since 1996 with Ferrari's second driver policy

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
That's the only thing that I see as a problem. Kimi won't sit around in a Ferrari for 1-2 years being MS bodyguard. He'll only go there if MS steps down.
If i were kimi i would not even look at renault, they won last year due to mclaren helping them and other teams being off their game.

This year they have blown a massive lead
No Kimi will go there no matter what Michael does but the question is Michael ready to take the challenge against the driver who is fast as he if not even faster.I remember that MS has said that he will retire when some young driver will beat him and he think he cant beat that young driver again.I think MS will retire after this season if he wins WC title.
if kimi defers to ms his repuation will be in tatters even if its for 1 year only, then ms might descide to stay for another year.

If kimi goes to ferrari I think they will be on equal status and for the 1st time ms will just have to race his team mate, come on he will probably 8 time champ anyway so y not do it.
Just a bit of info: Ferrari have an option on Raikkonen until the 7th of August. If they don't take him in the team, they have to pay him 5 million dollars.
Where did you hear that? Thats not whats been reported.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Our commentator said it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2006 11:00AM by Nickv.
vesuvius schreef:
> Iceman-Kimi Wrote:
> -----
> > vesuvius schreef:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Iceman-Kimi Wrote:
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > Well our pit reporter talked to one of kimi
> managers and
> > they
> > > said
> > > > there will be great news after teh race in
> hungary
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > >
> > > > ....................................
> > > > Greetings from Holland
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> > > yeah well Monza is long after the Hungary
> >
> >
> > He said short after the race in Hongary
> >
> >
>
> > ....................................
> > Greetings from Holland
> >
>
> ok I would really like to see that interview but then again they
> alredy told that same thing many months ago but nothing has happened
> ....

They said it in the race and you first need to learn dutch and get video matrial of the race.

@ LS, how do you know MS would be shown up by Kimi?

I think it would be close, with Kimi having a slight edge, but i don't think he'd ruin MS.

and if MS got beaten slightly by Kimi and then retired, that would be ok, but i seriously doubt Kimi would blow him away and MS would then have to retire in shame.

of course that depends on what the terms are in the contracts and whether they are equals or not, which i hope they would be. it would be great to see MS with the best teammate he's ever had in his last season.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
That's a very diplomatic point of view for a Schumi fan Muks. It would do Michael's image the world of good if he accepted a top driver alongside him in the team next year, his comfort zone would be broken and he would have to adapt and use all his experience to fight a team mate on equal terms. I hope it happens.
Kimi's manager Steve Robertson commented Jean Todt's comments (when he said he saw his 3 favourite drivers standing on the podium):

- I'm suprised about that he said that in public but other than that there was nothing suprising about it .I can honestly and in public say that Jean Todt really likes the way how Kimi drives .
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy