Raikkonen deal with Renault almost done (New developments)

Posted by Joe_Satriani 
Re: Raikkonen deal with Renault almost done
Date: July 20, 2006 04:24PM
Posted by: ralv585
dolinseks Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Ferrari wouldnt want Button, that the second problem for him...
>
>

yeah he he can't beat schumi's former number 2, than what chance does he have?
Date: July 20, 2006 05:15PM
Posted by: marcl
jb has only ever beat one team mate from memory sato lol.

With so many good young drivers around jb has been in f1 a long time now without really doing that much. He is still young but is missing out. This year has done him no good at all its not all his fault.
Date: July 20, 2006 05:17PM
Posted by: Echo1
ralv585 Wrote:
> dolinseks Wrote:
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Ferrari wouldnt want Button, that the second problem for him...
> >
> >
>
>
> yeah he he can't beat schumi's former number 2, than what chance does
> he have?

Have I been asleep during the races? I didn't see Rubens beat Jenson. Aren't they on the same points(16)and both aren't being able to do anything in that crappy Honda atm.

As for Ralf leaving F1 I doubt it. Massa said (like all drivers) he has to look at all his options just incase. He didn't say anything other than that. He'll surely do another season where he's at (unless Kimi goes there).

Michael will do another season as he hasn't lost his edge and the Ferrari/Bridgestone have got their act together.

Kimi should (if he has any sense) goto renault as they are the current top team (Tires aside) and they will be fighting for champoinships in the next few years.

Obviously all my opinion...
Date: July 20, 2006 05:41PM
@Echo1 at the beggining of the season, jenson was ahead, then rubens got mot comfortable and started to close the gap, i now think that rubens is narrowly ahead.

this may sound a bit over the top, but i create my own performance files for GP4, and i've taken into account, from the last 5 races, their qualifying positions, race finish positions and the fastest laps they achieve, rubens has been ahead lately.

what i should have said or made it clearer is that for jenson to go to ferrari, he should be dominating rubens like he did sato, but he's not, and with ferrari knowing all about rubens and his true relative perfomance to michael, when they see rubens matching jenson, then jenson doesn't have a chance.
Date: July 20, 2006 06:16PM
Posted by: chet
ralv585 Wrote:
> dolinseks Wrote:
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Ferrari wouldnt want Button, that the second problem for him...
> >
> >
>
>
> yeah he he can't beat schumi's former number 2, than what chance does
> he have?

Oh cant he?

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: July 20, 2006 07:34PM
@chet read my post just above yours
Date: July 20, 2006 08:06PM
Posted by: Sauber89
what i should have said or made it clearer is that for jenson to go to ferrari, he should be dominating rubens like he did sato.

Yes but that said when the car was good he did, some drivers have problems racing poor cars michael last year for instancejust obviously couldn't be bothered.

back on topic micheal will stay, kimi will jump ship to renualt and fernando will make it three in a row.

Date: July 20, 2006 08:20PM
Sauber89 Wrote:
> what i should have said or made it clearer is that for jenson to go to
> ferrari, he should be dominating rubens like he did sato.
>
> Yes but that said when the car was good he did, some drivers have
> problems racing poor cars michael last year for instancejust obviously
> couldn't be bothered.
>
> back on topic micheal will stay, kimi will jump ship to renualt and
> fernando will make it three in a row.
>
>

so you're saying that jenson is another ralf clone?

a true measure of how good a driver is, is to put him in a poor car, michael drove a bunch of crap last year but still destroyed rubens and came third, his drive's in monaco, hungary and suzuka showed he did give a damn, he also had a crap car in 96 but his talent shone through.

give a good car to any driver and they'll fly, put them in a bad car, only the best will shine, and unfortunalely jenson isn't one of them, sorry chet :)
Date: July 20, 2006 09:26PM
Posted by: Slash
Actually i agree with that, remember Ralf And JPM in 2003, Ralf took advantage of Juan beacause the car was better to drive and easily to take it to the limit.., and it happened to jenson in 2002, after that crap a*s benetton in 2001, when he had the renault he beat jarno more than often, and in races, rubens has'nt beat jenson yet.., yes he is ahead in qualy, that's true, but not in races, i do believe if honda give them a good car jenson will perform better than rubens... rubens has a lot of experience in f-1 and he knows how to drive crap cars really well, and set them up and stuff..

cheers!
Date: July 20, 2006 10:56PM
Posted by: mikef1
"remember Ralf And JPM in 2003, Ralf took advantage of Juan beacause the car was better to drive and easily to take it to the limit..,"

That's why JPM scored 82 points and Ralf scored 58, hmm. Also Schumacher didn't have a crap car in '96, it was just terribly unreliable.
Date: July 21, 2006 12:11AM
Slash in 2002 Button wasnt quick, he was just consistant...

Wasnt until 2003 he was actually quick imo :P

Date: July 21, 2006 01:20AM
Posted by: The _F1_Lunatic
ralv585 Wrote:
> a true measure of how good a driver is, is to put him in a poor car,
> michael drove a bunch of crap last year but still destroyed rubens and
> came third, his drive's in monaco, hungary and suzuka showed he did
> give a damn, he also had a crap car in 96 but his talent shone
> through.

You can add his qualifying lap from the 2005 Italian GP to that list from last year. That was something special.

mikef1 Wrote:
> Also Schumacher didn't have a crap car in '96, it was just terribly
> unreliable.

Yes he did, even by Ferrari's own admittance. Irvine could not understand how Michael extracted three victories from it.

Date: July 21, 2006 01:38AM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
the 1996 Ferrari was awful. That explains why only 1 victory came in the dry and that was when the rivals n00bed up on those tyres.
I dont rate Jenson that much and doubt he'll be WDC but thats a toally different topic.
I still see Raikkonen going to Ferrari personally.
Date: July 21, 2006 01:43AM
Posted by: The _F1_Lunatic
Two victories came in the dry I think.

He won the Spanish GP in those wet conditions, won the Belgian GP on his own merit and then won the Italian GP after, as you said, those tyres took some cars out.

Date: July 21, 2006 01:49AM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
yup just checked my 1996 FIA Review and Spa was Dry. Confusing it with 1997
Date: July 21, 2006 02:11AM
Posted by: Slash
mikef1 Wrote:

> That's why JPM scored 82 points and Ralf scored 58, hmm. Also
> Schumacher didn't have a crap car in '96, it was just terribly
> unreliable.

Ralf was quicker than him all the year, i remember JPM changing engineers and everything to keep up, Ralf was the one in williams that was fighting for the championship untill Hockenheim, when Ralf took out Kimi and Rubens, Montoya was just being consistant, after that gp it was hungary where Ralf pull out a well "Ralf" and spun in the first lap and fall down to 17, but came back and finished right behind JPM, and then the Monza shunt, where he couldn't race and in indy he spun in the wet and suzuka he couldn't qualify ahead because of the rain.. it was on those races that JPM took those points that you are talkin' about..
Date: July 21, 2006 11:22AM
Posted by: mikef1
@ Slash fair point, in qualifying Ralf was generally quicker through the season but Montoya was the better racer all in all imo, hence more points.

@ Mini and F1 Lunatic, i don't call the 3rd fastest car on the grid a crap car, it was very unreliable and would have scored a lot more points and podiums if it didn't break down so much. Being Schumi fans i knew you would defend against what i said but the car got four poles that year and Schumacher whilst being an amazing race driver was not as good in qualifying.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2006 12:06PM by mikef1.
Date: July 21, 2006 12:09PM
Posted by: tripleM
[&search=Schumacher%20Monaco]

[&search=Schumacher%20Monaco]

Looks like some darn good qualifying to me.

Date: July 21, 2006 12:17PM
Posted by: marcl
was a good lap shame he never got very far in the race lol
Date: July 21, 2006 12:31PM
:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

I wish I remember that!

Now THAT is the Micheal I want to see!

Actually TrippleM, I hate you now! What you have done is just showed us how @#$%& F1 is now, how @#$%& the qualifying is now and how hard it looked to drive how Micheal did!

F1 currently is nothing compared to that! I would rather watch 1hour of Quali like that, than a race from today!!

Nice find!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy