Raikkonen deal with Renault almost done (New developments)

Posted by Joe_Satriani 
Re: Raikkonen deal with Renault almost done
Date: July 19, 2006 10:43PM
Posted by: ralv585
@mikef1 dont know if you read F1Racing, but at season preview they asked former world champions, former race drivers, commentators, and general media, they all said that he could win more races, but only a few said he could mount another championship challenge.

And i hate the way the media now are saying fernando is god's gift, i think he's good, top 3 no problem, its just that he doesn't warrant so much praise just YET, he'll get there soon, because he is phenomanal, but for me, he hasn't driven a hungary 98', a barcelona 96' or any other race to prove true greatness, thats why i want shumi to win, then when he retires, let kimi and fernando duke it out with hamilton picking up the piece's :)

im a kimi fan btw
Date: July 19, 2006 10:56PM
Posted by: mikef1
I stopped subscribing to F1racing about 8 months ago but had been a subscriber for about 5 or 6 years before that and i can tell you that every other issue was about how great Schumacher was. Maybe they've started worshiping Alonso now.
Date: July 19, 2006 11:17PM
Posted by: JPMrules
Kimi should go to either Ferrari or Renault. He seems to be sick of McLaren, just as JPM was (Although in contrast to the latter, Kimi hasn't underperformed).
It think the change could be good for him, he tried with McLaren for 4 years now, and it didn't work out.
Date: July 19, 2006 11:21PM
Posted by: mikef1
Not his fault though, I'm very dissapointed with Mclaren's performance and Kimi has every right to be looking for a way out. Renault would be a good home for him imo.
Date: July 20, 2006 03:43AM
Posted by: RonnyF1
Kimi @ Ferrari would be fantastic. I dont like the Renault deal too much but if anyone gives him a good car, gee... he'll blast dem boiz.
Date: July 20, 2006 04:25AM
Posted by: Nik_I
somehow kimi at ferrari for publicity purposes doesnt make much sense as he is so calm and doesnt say much; the exact opposite of an italian. but thats not the biggest part. i hope he goes to ferrari, alongside schumacher, and hopefully no team orders so they will be able to race eachother. the "dream team" just like prost and senna. maybe the glory days are set for a comeback?
Date: July 20, 2006 08:20AM
Posted by: Joe_Satriani
I can see Kimi being ok with Schumi on the same team, but I don't see Schumi accepting Raikkonen in. Kimi is just not the type of driver that'll sit around doing nothing for the first 5 races and then start to pick up on the points, by which time Schumi will have a large advantage, and then he'd have to play second driver role.

Ferrari deal sounds good and all, but with Michael in the team, it won't happen IMO. I also don't know if it would be so good for Raikkonen to go there if Michael retires, specially, cause their 3 main members will leave if Schumi does, so the team would be very unstable. Kimi's best bet is at Renault. I don't think there's much doubt that Flavio Briatore will continue next year.
Date: July 20, 2006 09:41AM
Posted by: AdamGilchrist
michael schumacher has something left to prove to me and others before he retires... that is to drive in the same team with another top driver and see how he comes out. but his arrogance wont let raikonnen into the team when he is there. i saw channel 10 commentators in australia last race saying that schumacher is doing a lot of elbowing behind the scenes to prevent raikonnen going there.
Date: July 20, 2006 09:57AM
Posted by: marcl
Renault is a great team but can not help feel when teams like ferrari and mclaren get their acts together in a race the renault is a 2nd place finisher if u know what i mean like BAR were in 2004, they looked good but never won a race and yet mclaren and williams did when their cars were running ok.

There is no doubt the renault is a very very good car but I dont think its the best out there and someone like kimi wont want 2nd places he is there to win.

Dont know if that make scense or not?
Date: July 20, 2006 11:32AM
Posted by: Lemming
I'll giggle at Ferrari if Raikkonen goes to Renault because Schumacher's messing about taking his time deciding whether to retire or not..... and then decides to retire after all that.

Date: July 20, 2006 11:52AM
am sure MS has already told ferrari what he is doing next year, they all seem to relaxed.

Its clear he still has it and is enjoying it so he will stay
Date: July 20, 2006 12:09PM
Whats also interesting is the fact the Toyota could be replacing RS they are talking to massa now incase he dont stay at ferrari.

Could RS be on his way out of f1 like jpm? dunno whats going on there
Date: July 20, 2006 12:45PM
Posted by: Joeku
I think renualt are on the decline, i dont see them being competitive next year after fernando has gone. They have done well this season cause of having a good v8 next season no new regs and they will falter, i think they have a good department who can adapt to new regulations but cant improve on that

eg: there dominance from the start of the season is no there

________________________________________________________________________________

Date: July 20, 2006 02:05PM
problem for ferrari is if kimi goes to renault on a long time deal, alonso is at mclaren plus other drivers are locked in their contracts.

MS retires at the end of 2007 there are no top drivers left to go to ferrari
Date: July 20, 2006 03:05PM
Posted by: dolinseks
Kimi is supposed to be on a two year deal with Renault..

Date: July 20, 2006 03:14PM
so in a way ferrari could spend a year with no top line driver
Date: July 20, 2006 03:42PM
Posted by: chet
I bet JB is kicking himself right now ;)

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: July 20, 2006 03:47PM
why would he be kicking himself ? maybe cause renault did not think he was good enough so they replaced him with alonso
Date: July 20, 2006 03:55PM
Posted by: chet
Well had he not commited to Honda long term he could have gone elsewhere.

Alonso is at Mclaren...

Kimi is at Ferrari or Renault.

Shumi possibly retiring, or another year at Ferrari.

There are 3 top drivers and 4 remaining top seats left.

There may have been a slight chance he could have been in one of them... then we will see if he is good or not, and no doubt, if he hasnt got what it takes he would be one hell of second driver.

But meh.. I like Honda and have faith they will sort themselves out.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: July 20, 2006 04:03PM
Posted by: dolinseks
Ferrari wouldnt want Button, that the second problem for him... :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy