JPM to Ganassi Nextel Cup #42

Posted by DaveEllis 
Re: JPM to Ganassi Nextel Cup #42
Date: July 10, 2006 12:57PM
Posted by: NeilPearson
Wow what a thread :\

Anyway,

Should be good to see JPM in nascar, definatly be interesting to see thats for sure, I am one person who will be looking forward to it.

I was thinking the other day "what is ganassi going to do, they have no big names now that Mears and last year Mcmurray left" but now they gont monty, Granted he has no experiance in the big beasts of the ovals, but im sure he will adapt, even Ambrose is adapting.

Date: July 10, 2006 01:02PM
Posted by: Morbid
I take it, that it was no less disrepectful, than the question asked.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: July 10, 2006 01:03PM
Posted by: chet
I chose to edit the post thinking... no point in start this again. But here we go... last entry.

There has been alot of talk about the fact/bs posted in here.

Its a fact..

JPM is going because of the racing, he himself has said, as you know. Yet Dave thinks otherwise, the facts have been clearly stated.

And then me knowing he wont win in F1.. I ask the question whether JPM is leaving because of that... I mean in America which is where he lives winning the Nascar championship he will have greater respect than winning the F1 championship.

First I get a response saying it is about winning, then its not :S

All I wanted to know was what Dave really meant. Instead he kindly insulted me then failed to tell me what he meant. Kudos points for that one!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2006 01:04PM by chet.
Date: July 10, 2006 01:05PM
Posted by: johnbunnell
Montoya said the intense, panel-rubbing racing that is NASCAR’s hallmark was the key reason for his decision.

“What’s your ultimate goal? For me, it’s racing.

“Formula 1 has very exciting cars and technology.

“I’ll take that away from Formula 1, but anyone who watches the races knows it’s not the most exciting thing you can watch.

“How hard is it to pass a car in Formula 1? You pass ‘em and you touch wheels and you’re an animal.

“Racing here is so close and exciting.

“It’s a good reason to come.

“I was talking to Casey [Mears] about 20 minutes ago and he said, ‘I’ve done a lot of racing, but I’ve never had so much fun like here.’

“That’s the reason I came here. I came here to learn and have fun.”

Montoya admitted he will be taking a pay cut by returning to the United States, but said money was less important to him than enjoying his racing.
Date: July 10, 2006 01:06PM
Don't take me for a fool Chet. I can read your post as well as anyone else, and I can sense the aggression in it too. And, not taking sides here, I have followed you and Dave's track history for a while. It is not like you guys have not come to blows before is it?

Dave lost it in this thread, but at least he can, and has, admitted it.

Date: July 10, 2006 01:27PM
He called me a liar and an idiot ='/

He has admitted it? Please point me to it, thanks.

Date: July 10, 2006 01:56PM
Go to page 5, and you will see Dave losing it. You will also see my fellow moderator Mortalwombat point out the error of his ways, and you will see in a follow up post, that while Dave still doesn't love you, and has not changed his view of you, he does admit he lost it:

DaveEllis Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> i snapped at chet because im unable to cope with the
> stupidity.

Date: July 10, 2006 01:57PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Nickv Wrote:
> That question is just screwed up on so many levels, I almost don't
> know if I should laugh or cry.
>
> This isn't very respectful either then huh?
>

You were the one who stated that you must respect peoples opinion no matter how stupid it is, not morbid.

JPM is going because of the racing, he himself has said, as you know. Yet Dave thinks otherwise, the facts have been clearly stated.

I didnt. But unfortunatly, despite being 18, your ability to read the posts in the context in which they were written has not yet improved. Until you are actually able to read what is posted and investigate stuff without having regular members have to spoon feed you the information like a child, your in no position to make such comments as you'll always be 1 step behind everyone else.

He called me a liar and an idiot ='/

Actually several people called you a liar. I was just the one who put it into text on the forum. You lied about quite a few things in 1 post, as several people pointed out in the daily mass-MSN conversation we have. Just because i have the balls to post it, doesnt mean im the only one thinking it.

He has admitted it? Please point me to it, thanks.

Unfortunatly i am unable to direct you to the chat log on my hard drive. I fully admitted that whilst i can deal with trolls quite well, im unable to deal with stupidity. Especailly from someone who seems to be quite happy they have grown up (yet still talks about themself in the 3rd person).

Your understand and knowledge of the goings on in f1 is poor. The information you recive seems to always been from members around you. Your unable to read the thread correctly (do you even make an attempt), and if you are able to read the thread correctly, you simply twist things to start an argument, thus making you a troll, rather than stupid.

To put it quite simply chet, i know more than you on this. I have spoon fed you the facts much like i spoon feed my daughter. Yet, you have clearly still not grasps the basics of this situation and continue to use ChetLogic(tm) to challenge facts. If you have not learnt basic communication by the age you are at now, you sure as hell dont stand much chance of learning it at all.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: July 10, 2006 02:01PM
Posted by: marcl
i dont think jpm will be in the mclaren at france
Date: July 10, 2006 02:06PM
If JPM isnt in the McLaren, he will be in the states running Busch Series testing. Chip wants him to do Busch races this year as soon as the F1 stuff is over. NASCAR will require he runs a minimum ammount of testing and perhaps races before hes allowed to compete for the Daytona 500 next year (the first race of 2007). Whilst JPM has oval experience in ChampCar, he has never ran a restrictor plate race, which is somethin you cant test, you have to go out and race and learn. He will struggle to qualifying for the daytona 500 (which runs qualifying races during the week before the race) which often has 60 cars trying to get into a 43 car grid. With no Restrictor Plate experience, thats a tough road ahead. What he might do is enter the Busch Series race the night before. This is easier to qualify for and will get him the much needed experience. But by then, the qyualifying races are done for.

JPM might do brilliant at NASCAR. But he will struggle in the first race. Thats a tough nut to crack. When it gets into the regular oval season with the 1-2 mile tracks that ChampCar ran on, i expect him to be consistantly there. When the 2 road courses roll around, expect him up front..

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: July 10, 2006 02:11PM
Posted by: dangermouseaix
Well that was shocking when I read it yesterday. Although I wish him all of luck.
It´s a rather brave move to leave F1 but it is clearly typical for Montoya. He just didn´t feel well in F1 anymore, so it´s the best thing to do something new. As he stated in the interview, he could have driven F1 if he wanted to. But what sense would it make if he felt bad about it. It will be hell of a task to be competive in NASCAR but I hope he can show some nice races.
Date: July 10, 2006 02:30PM
Posted by: MrMan
I think JPM's reason for not taking the offers from Williams or RBR are because he wants to win, and by winning you are more likely to have fun. Therefore NASCAR is a fairly decent option. He's not guaranteed of winning, but am sure his chances are higher there with Ganassi than they are in F1 with two midfield teams.

A fresh start is a good thing for a driver. Case in point is DC switching to RBR. DC might have ended up out of F1 if he had not taken the RBR drive. Same applies to JPM, he might have been out of motorsport.

I think it'll be good for him. He hasn't seemed himself since switching to McLaren. He had a good few years with Williams, but just never adjusted to McLaren. So a fresh start, a new series, a new team, and a new JPM...maybe.

I'll probably end up watching some NASCAR now just because there is a driver I know competing in it. Never watched it before, so why not?

Ci

Date: July 10, 2006 02:39PM
He's not guaranteed of winning, but am sure his chances are higher there with Ganassi than they are in F1 with two midfield teams.

Not really. Ganassi is a midfield NASCAR team at best. There last win in Nextel Cup was...hell i cant even remember. Its been a few years. they had a lucky Busch win on Saturday when they gambeled with pit stops and Casey Mears drove brilliantly. But they arent a force in NASCAR like they were in CART and are in IRL.

I'll probably end up watching some NASCAR now just because there is a driver I know competing in it. Never watched it before, so why not?

Keep an open mind and theres no reason why you cant enjoy it! I was surprised how much i loved it when i payed attention to everything that goes on. Its a totally different world to F1, and even Europe.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: July 10, 2006 02:54PM
Posted by: rapid_f1
williams may not have been a bad option. theyve had a year on bridgestones and maybe a good bet for a crack at the title next year.

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: July 10, 2006 03:00PM
DaveEllis Wrote:
>
> JPM is going because of the racing, he himself has said, as you know.
> Yet Dave thinks otherwise, the facts have been clearly stated.
>
> I didnt. But unfortunatly, despite being 18, your ability to read the
> posts in the context in which they were written has not yet improved.

You said "The racing in question has nothing to do with it."

It does.

> Until you are actually able to read what is posted and investigate
> stuff without having regular members have to spoon feed you the
> information like a child, your in no position to make such comments as
> you'll always be 1 step behind everyone else.
>

As shown above I was able to read. Spoon feed information?

Once again you have taken something way out of proportion... I meerly said that have controdicted yourself, or made mistakes. I pointed them out and you seem to go abit crazy tbh. You got it wrong, and were corrected by none other than me, thats why your angry.

>
> Actually several people called you a liar. I was just the one who put
> it into text on the forum. You lied about quite a few things in 1
> post, as several people pointed out in the daily mass-MSN conversation
> we have. Just because i have the balls to post it, doesnt mean im the
> only one thinking it.

Yay! Chets talked about again! Here I was thinking you all forgot about me.

Hold on I a liar. :S explain via spoon again please.

Do I gain respect like this also? Insulting poeple i dont know, talking about them, controdicting myself? hard to believe you can even mention the word, but then again... I DONT know you, so who am I to judge? Psalm 50? lol.

> Unfortunatly i am unable to direct you to the chat log on my hard
> drive. I fully admitted that whilst i can deal with trolls quite well,
> im unable to deal with stupidity. Especailly from someone who seems to
> be quite happy they have grown up (yet still talks about themself in
> the 3rd person).

Talking about being grown up are we? Yet you talk about me on MSN, for not the first time I believe ;-) You then cant seem to accept you were wrong, you said two different things :S and have taken something so small out of proportion? Oh and insult through your keybored whilst I have yet to ever insult you, I mean who knows what you say to your 'buddies' on MSN about me, from what ive heard it can be quite a read. So Dave before you get sarcastic with talking about growing up I suggest you sort your self out because it is quite amazing how once again someone you dont know, never seen, never will is topic of conversation between you and no doubt other members here.

>
> Your understand and knowledge of the goings on in f1 is poor.

You base that on opinion, not knowledge, now thats poor. My opinion on serveral factors about F1 doesnt reflect my knowledge which has yet to be displayed ='/

> The information you recive seems to always been from members around you.
> Your unable to read the thread correctly (do you even make an
> attempt), and if you are able to read the thread correctly, you simply
> twist things to start an argument, thus making you a troll, rather
> than stupid.

If I didnt read this thread how could I have spotted your error?

>
> To put it quite simply chet, i know more than you on this. I have
> spoon fed you the facts much like i spoon feed my daughter. Yet, you
> have clearly still not grasps the basics of this situation and
> continue to use ChetLogic(tm) to challenge facts. If you have not
> learnt basic communication by the age you are at now, you sure as hell
> dont stand much chance of learning it at all.
>
>

I fully understand the situation. I am questioning whether you do or not, as I said you seem to have posted two view on it.

And being unable to answer me simply, why you stated two different views shows your lack of basic communication skills.

Chetlogic. Hold on... me challegening facts?

QUOTE FROM DAVE "The racing in question has nothing to do with it."

A FACT, A QUOTE FROM JPM "I want to get back to racing."

And ChetLogic ? I still like that one.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2006 03:04PM by chet.
Date: July 10, 2006 03:16PM

Date: July 10, 2006 12:54PM
Posted by: rapid_f1 (IP Logged)

williams may not have been a bad option. theyve had a year on bridgestones and maybe a good bet for a crack at the title next year.

I dont think they will be next year. Williams should be on the way up soon, but i wouldnt get your hopes up for next year. Hope im wrong there. Sir Frank rocks, would love to see him back to his winning ways.

But even so, its a bad option for JPM. He wouldnt have been in F1, no matter what!

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: July 10, 2006 03:25PM
[Moderator mode on]

Chet and Dave, from this post onwards, I don't want to see you replying to each others posts in this thread. And no spillover to other threads either.

[Moderator mode off]

Date: July 10, 2006 05:40PM
Posted by: calimbo
If what i read in F1total.com is true, then i guess his decision was well funded:

The said he and his father, wife and son weren't treated cordially in the motorhome. That's stupid, and then when Montoya signs for Nascar and went to call Dennis and Haug, he says they wasn't happy about it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2006 05:41PM by calimbo.
Date: July 10, 2006 06:06PM
I guess you mean this one: [www.f1total.com]

I don't agree with your interpretation of it, but it is a good article nonetheless.

Date: July 10, 2006 06:43PM
Posted by: zymolguy
There are more McDonald's restaurants in America than Europe. Obviously why he made the switch.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy