> >
> >
>
>
> I know Im older than you..
>
>
>

After some of your posts on the previous site, I doubt it.

Re: Japanese Grand Prix *SPOILERS*
Date: October 09, 2005 02:11PM
Posted by: marcl
for the 1st time ever i forgot to set my alarm so not seen the race yet will at 2pm but from what i have heard it sounds great and just shows that kimi is the best out there this year both speed and over taking what a shame his car let him down so much.

as i said not seen it yet but can not wait
Date: October 09, 2005 02:19PM
Posted by: tripleM
maybe you should begin by watching the race instead of the usual preaching

Date: October 09, 2005 02:33PM
Posted by: Eagle
Amazing, incredible race!!! Pity that Montoya got knocked out of the race so early....I reckon he may have had just as much speed as Kimi....Montoya's crash may have just ended McLaren's chance at wrapping up the constructors championship...oh well.

Typical drive from pole sitter Ralf Schumacher...started off OK, then his pit stop strategy really screwed him up...the only reason I reckon why they pretty much send him out on fumes was to try and get a Japanese Toyota front row....could've achived so much better.

Kimi and Alonso....well, I'm glad that with drivers like those 2, F1 is in safe hands. All we need is a LOT more overtaking as seen in the previous race! WHAT OVERTAKING!!!! Kimi on Fisi, Alonso on Schumey...I thought tyres were gonna touch in the 130R and Alonso's car would be seen going into orbit over the fence, but phew!

About the race coverage in Australia...needed to be so much better...Channel 10 AGAIN devoted more time to the Bathurst 1000 race, and tried to compress a 90 min race into 70 mins....at least the Japanese director was on form so no-one missed the excellent overtaking. I'm just very annoyed that Channel 10 ended the telecast right after the podium celebration and completely missed the interviews. I would've loved to have heard Alonso's take on his overtaking move of the year.

Any other Aussies else feel complete hatred for Channel 10's co-called coverage?
Date: October 09, 2005 02:38PM
Posted by: Radar
Great Race well worth getting up early for Kimi and Fernando were both tremendous with some risky but entertaining overtaking, MS did well in a car that was hopeless especially compared to Rubens in the same car.

Fisi had better start looking for another job and Bar would have been better of with Stevie Wonder driving instead of Sato.

Did not see to much of the Villeneuve and Monty incident but considering it was 1st lap after a slow warm up lap cold tyres do tend to run a bit wide so perhaps wrong place at the wrong time.
Date: October 09, 2005 02:45PM
Posted by: LS.
2 of the incidents post race stuff

Juan Pablo Montoya was furious with former world champion Jacques Villeneuve after crashing out of the Japanese Grand Prix on the opening lap.

The Colombian accused the Sauber driver of pushing him off the track on the run out of the chicane, after JPM's McLaren ran off the road and into the barriers on the left side of the track.

Montoya's McLaren was destroyed in the crash, which brought out the Safety Car.

"It is pretty sad," Montoya told ITV-F1's Louise Goodman.

"Three cars in front of me missed the chicane including Jacques. I went to pass him on the outside and he pushed me off the circuit.

"He blocked me left so I went to the right and he went onto my line and I ran out of road."

Villeneuve, who finished 11th on the road, remained unrepentant and claimed that he did not see the McLaren driver.

"I never even saw him so I have no idea what he might have been trying to do when he went off," said JV.

The race stewards agreed with Montoya's interpretation of events, however, and later handed Villeneuve a 25-second penalty, relegating him to 12th in the final classification.

An FIA statement said:

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: October 09, 2005 02:50PM
Posted by: Abstraction
why is takuma trigger happy this year compared to his last 2 years?

Andrew. Australia.
Date: October 09, 2005 04:50PM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
Just a quick note - James Allen the tit said more than once that this was Kimi's 10th victory. It wasn't, it was his 9th.

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Date: October 09, 2005 05:22PM
Posted by: mikef1
Amazing race, how much better this year has been to last. Kimi and Alonso drove mightily, their overtaking moves were some of the best since spa 2000. Looks very close between Mclaren and Renault, i don't think as Ted Kravitz said that Mclaren is 4 tenths faster than Renault, no way they are very close together now on performance. Looking forward to China now, hope it will be as good as this!!!
Date: October 09, 2005 06:34PM
Posted by: eddief1
it was a gd race today nearly every race this year we have had crashes :):) did anybody see the smoke coming out of jenson's BAR after the perraied lap why does his car alwayz do that ???
i was hoping he would finish o nthe podium
Date: October 09, 2005 06:37PM
Posted by: yositm
Hologide Escrito:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You've got to wonder how much time the FIA error
> (assuming it was) cost Alonso in total... there
> was the 5secs dropping back to CK, then the
> re-passing of him, then catching back up to
> Schumacher...
>
> Great race though

I believe he was 7 seconds ahead of Klien when he had to let him past. If he hsn't had to do it he would came out of the pit in front of Kimi and Schumacher and he would have won the race, sure. Fernando has been faster than Kimi today. Compare their fights with MS: Fernando overtook him twice in less laps than Kimi overtook him.
Fernando's race today has been awsome (Kimi's one has also been great also, of course). How many drivers has he overtook? MS twice, Klien twice, Button, Webber...

The best race of the year by far. Fishichella hasa given 4 points to McLaren today wich may cost the championship for Renault.

Let's see what can fernando make in China with the new engine spec and only needing to make one race with it.

TOMA!!!
Date: October 09, 2005 06:38PM
Posted by: Karan19
LS. Wrote:
> 2 of the incidents post race stuff
>
>
>
> Sato Excluded from results
>
>
> BAR-Honda driver Takuma Sato was excluded from the
> results of his home event after stewards decided
> he caused an accident between himself and Jarno
> Trulli.
>
> The furious Italian was forced to retire from the
> Japanese Grand Prix after Sato crashed into him at
> the chicane on lap ten.
>
> Sato continued on to finish in 13th, but was
> subsequently been stripped of his place by the FIA
> and will now be forced to qualify first in China.
>
> "The Stewards viewed the video of the incident and
> presented the same to Takuma Sato and his team
> manager Ron Meadows and independently to Jarno
> Trulli and his team manager Richard Cregan," read
> an FIA statement.
>
> "Having heard both parties the stewards
> independently conclude that Takuma Sato was
> involved in an incident 'forcing the driver of car
> number 16 off the track' and therefore reprimand
> Sato and order that he be excluded from the
> results."
>

why not post Sato's and JV's side of the story too?

Takuma Sato, BAR (13th):
"This is a very disappointing result for me after the incredible support that I have experienced here from the fans. The start was difficult and through the first corner I was side by side with Klien and ran wide. Rubens came from behind, ran off in front of me and we made contact, which damaged the front of my car and then both of us went into the gravel. We changed the strategy but it didn't work well for me and then I had the coming together with Trulli which was another blow to my race. I'm hugely disappointed for the myself, the fans, the team and Honda, but I will be back here racing at Suzuka."

Jacques Villeneuve, Sauber (11th):
"We changed my strategy after the safety car came out, but once the others who had already pitted came by ahead of me as I rejoined after refuelling I knew that was it. The car was good, and I think mine was faster than Felipe's. I was catching him at the end but big deal, we fought for 10th place. Not a glorious day!

"As for Montoya on the first lap, I never even saw him so I have no idea what he might have been trying to do when he went off."

Sato definitely deserves that penalty.I was hoping for a DT the next race too. the guy is just seems to be driving a destruction derby each time he's out there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2005 08:00PM by Karan19.
Date: October 09, 2005 06:58PM
Posted by: Sniper
what's the point in disqualifying Sato???? He ruins the race of everybody he hits, they should ban him!

Check out our website: www.heikkikovalainen.net
Date: October 09, 2005 07:21PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Anyway bit of a harsh penalty for JV there considering Montoya was bit out of his mind trying to go around the outside of that corner on cold tires with low pressure.

not really. JV missed the chicane and should have given JPM the place. He blocked JPM so he went to the outside thinking he would get given the place which was rightfully his and JV just drove over to the edge of the track and put him off.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: October 09, 2005 07:23PM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
yositm Wrote:
> Hologide Escrito:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > You've got to wonder how much time the FIA
> error
> > (assuming it was) cost Alonso in total...
> there
> > was the 5secs dropping back to CK, then the
> > re-passing of him, then catching back up to
> > Schumacher...
> >
> > Great race though
>
>
> I believe he was 7 seconds ahead of Klien when he
> had to let him past. If he hsn't had to do it he
> would came out of the pit in front of Kimi and
> Schumacher and he would have won the race, sure.
> Fernando has been faster than Kimi today. Compare
> their fights with MS: Fernando overtook him twice
> in less laps than Kimi overtook him.
> Fernando's race today has been awsome (Kimi's one
> has also been great also, of course). How many
> drivers has he overtook? MS twice, Klien twice,
> Button, Webber...
>
> The best race of the year by far. Fishichella hasa
> given 4 points to McLaren today wich may cost the
> championship for Renault.
>
> Let's see what can fernando make in China with the
> new engine spec and only needing to make one race
> with it.
>
>

How do you know ? This is formula 1 , the word ''if'' doesn't exsist in the f1 , this is part of racing , I didn't hear you say that at the Nurburgring .

Date: October 09, 2005 07:33PM
well, fernando was 7 seconds ahead Klien when he had to let him past and after his first pit stop he came out right behind kimi and MS, so he should came in front of them, and make the difference bigger as he was mcuh faster than MS. It's very simple

TOMA!!!
Date: October 09, 2005 07:35PM
MWAH , formula 1 is not ''if'' , formula 1 is real , it is happend , just like kimi nurburgring .

Date: October 09, 2005 07:37PM
no, in Nurburgring Kimi lost the race by himself

TOMA!!!
Date: October 09, 2005 07:39PM
I mean , you can ask : What IF that suspension had holded it one more lap''

Date: October 09, 2005 07:44PM
but it is a totally different situation. the problem is that i can't understand why fernando had to let Klien pass twice, even worst,Renault was told to do it when Alonso was 7 seconds ahead of klien

TOMA!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy