Japanese Grand Prix *SPOILERS*

Posted by Sete Gibernau 
Re: Japanese Grand Prix *SPOILERS*
Date: October 10, 2005 07:10PM
Posted by: Muks_C
but its not always the technical side of things, saying Mika got a better car than DC, or Kimi better car than DC, or Alonso better car than Fisi, I mean the human side of things. when the boss appears to be in love with one of the drivers, that surely must have an effect on the other.

we get the feeling that there was a special bond between Ron and Mika, we can see how much Kimi's win affected Ron straight after, he was so emotional, we know how much Flavio loves Alonso, so even with equal cars, there must be something on the emotional side that one driver lacks compared to the 'favoured' driver. after all, they are humans, and we all need to feel loved or appreciated. even in a high-profile sport/business like F1, this has got to be at least a little bit true. the drivers probably spend more time through a season with their team than they do with their family, so the right atmosphere is needed, and if you don't feel loved/wanted/appreciated, its got to have an effect on your performance.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: October 10, 2005 07:27PM
Posted by: mikef1
"when the boss appears to be in love with one of the drivers" Are you calling Ron Dennis a shirt lifter?!!
Date: October 10, 2005 07:43PM
Posted by: rocker
Piquet won at Williams with all the team against him.

--------------------------------------------
Rocker
Date: October 10, 2005 08:14PM
Posted by: Nemesis78
Well done Kimi. Easily deserved that win. Alonso was really on it, but couldnt get there in the end.

Fisi did a Trulli. And paid the price. So tough basically LOL

Ron, well I never expected to see the pompous tw@t, the bloke is shed a tear. Im sure thats why he wouldnt let go of the Trophy and applaud the 2 Renault Drivers on the podium. (Kimi managed to clap!)

And only the Bimbo that is Louise Goodman, could possibly ask Montoya if "Maybe Jacques had a problem and it wasnt his fault"

Good God woman, why are you still employed!
Date: October 10, 2005 08:30PM
Posted by: LS.
Muks_C Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> but its not always the technical side of things,
> saying Mika got a better car than DC, or Kimi
> better car than DC, or Alonso better car than
> Fisi, I mean the human side of things. when the
> boss appears to be in love with one of the
> drivers, that surely must have an effect on the
> other.
>
> we get the feeling that there was a special bond
> between Ron and Mika, we can see how much Kimi's
> win affected Ron straight after, he was so
> emotional, we know how much Flavio loves Alonso,
> so even with equal cars, there must be something
> on the emotional side that one driver lacks
> compared to the 'favoured' driver. after all, they
> are humans, and we all need to feel loved or
> appreciated. even in a high-profile sport/business
> like F1, this has got to be at least a little bit
> true. the drivers probably spend more time through
> a season with their team than they do with their
> family, so the right atmosphere is needed, and if
> you don't feel loved/wanted/appreciated, its got
> to have an effect on your performance.
>
> --------------------------------------------------
> -------
>
>

Whilst that will have an effect, i'd say it was more to do with having the best tecnical staff working on your car if the boss liked you above the other driver

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: October 10, 2005 08:46PM
Posted by: Imran
and what exactly would be villeneuves problem..hes gone off track and missed the chicane.when he comes back on and is going slowly, he should check his mirrors to see if there is a faster car steaming past him!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: October 10, 2005 08:48PM
Posted by: Nemesis78
Imran Wrote:
> and what exactly would be villeneuves problem..hes
> gone off track and missed the chicane.when he
> comes back on and is going slowly, he should check
> his mirrors to see if there is a faster car
> steaming past him!
>
> -------------------------
>

God Only knows. But Louise Goodman obviously thought ti would be a good question.

Shes an idiot. And she looks like a Pikey with all those bangles!!
Date: October 10, 2005 10:31PM
Posted by: chet
rofl!

itv highlights are shite!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: October 10, 2005 10:45PM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
I Disagree.
I watch the race - both: Live Race from 25 laps remaining .... All of Re-Run [avec family] .... and the highlights show and the highlights show was good.
It even had the Button vs. Webber Pitstop and did a split screen showing both stops and webber getting away first.

I would daresay the highlights are better than ITV's Live show....as they edit out most of the crap.
Date: October 11, 2005 01:03AM
I love your new sig pic Mini :)

LS's Tip of the week
Date: October 11, 2005 01:57AM
Renault has come to the defence of Giancarlo Fisichella in the wake of his heart-breaking defeat in the Japanese Grand Prix.

The Roman was beaten by a charging Kimi Raikkonen who came from 20s back to complete a daring last lap pass and dash Renault's hopes of a win.

But although Fisi could not match the pace of his team-mate Fernando Alonso, who finished third after charging through the field like Kimi, Renault engineering chief Pat Symonds said there were mitigating circumstances.

"It was difficult to see Giancarlo lose the lead on the final lap, but we know he was pushing all the way," he said.

"Indeed, the rhythm of his race may have had something to do with the lack of grip he reported towards the end, because he had been pushing from the opening laps

LS's Tip of the week
Date: October 11, 2005 02:38AM
Posted by: Hakkinenf1
by the way at Monza i got about tow laps of Allen and Martin,
the voices of the arabic comentators went off and tow english guys came on,
and when they said (well Martin...) i knew it was from itv,all my life i never saw ITV but in tow laps i was able to figure out that Allen is an anti Kimi
Martin was like(Kimi is incridble starting from pole with only one pit strategy)
Allen then said (but the Mclaren is already very fast at Monza)something like that
and every time Martin praised Kimi ,Allen comes out with a (but....)
and yes Alonso was fantastic,as i though he will never make a move,but he was passing the cars as if they were backmarkers.
and no,DC was never effect by that,don't forget that all the time at the begining of any year,Ron allways said that DC is better than ever.and that one maybe his year,don't forget that Mika lost the 2000 title because DC took tow wins in front of him,there were never team orders,but Rubens and Fisi,they are being treated like slaves.

-------------------------
gooooz fra ba
Date: October 11, 2005 02:41AM
Posted by: Hakkinenf1
by the way guys,as i said i didn't get the chance to recorde this race,
can anybody put the last two laps to be downloaded???

gooooz fra ba
Date: October 11, 2005 08:59AM
Posted by: Ali
In my opinion, Kimi has done a superb race. He had the fastest car again and he pitted later than the rest so he knew that he would pass most of the cars because pit strategy as he usually does. Alonso didn't have this advantage so he tried to pass everyone on the track as he did.

With Klien incident, he cut the chicane but inmediately he let Klien pass and he re-pass again in the same straight, but I see no point making him to slow down letting Klien pass again, it was strange and caused not to see Alonso in front in the last laps with Fisi and Kimi but, this is how it works. And I think it was too much for a penalty like drive through considering he let Klien pass after the chicane.

Another strange case with Kimi. This time I don't see why he started in 17th place because he should have had a penalty of 10 places so he should start from 20th, I mean, I espected to see him starting from 20. Why an error in qualy is "worse" than a 10 places penalty because of an engine change? I see it ambiguous...
Date: October 11, 2005 09:31AM
Posted by: marcl
Kimi started 17th as he set a lap time and the rest never

I can see why renault are sticking up for fissi but he was never ever on the pace of alonso and kimi so even if he was pushing 100% he was never fast enough.

Also y did he have to push so hard he could have paced himself kimi and alonso were back in fraffic so y push so hard button was not near him in 2nd place. I know he was chasing RS at the start but he pitted early. And as for kimi and alonso resting there tyres they were sliding around behind other cars

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2005 10:49AM by marcl.
Date: October 11, 2005 01:16PM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
I have to say, this is probably the first time I've still been on an absolute high 2 days after a Grand Prix.

I think Fisi more or less rounded it up in the press conference: "He was just too quick for me."

If McLaren don't win the Constructors' in China, I'm gonna take a sniper rifle and shoot Montoya for crashing out in Japan LOL, cause with that kind of car performance, JPM would for sure have been 2nd.

ROLL ON CHINA!!

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Date: October 11, 2005 01:29PM
Posted by: Zcott
What's that sig pic all about, Paul? Didn't Alonso win the title, or something?

Date: October 11, 2005 03:38PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
mwahahahha :D

I missed the race, cos I was at a blinder of a rugby game (ospreys vs bath) and sods law it was the bestest ever ever race. It is repeated tonight at like 02:20am though so :)

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: October 11, 2005 03:54PM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
@ Zcott, Alonso won the Championship thanks to Kimi's unreliable car, but Japan proved that Kimi is by FAR the fastest guy out there. ;)

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Date: October 11, 2005 04:02PM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
iCeMaN pAuL Wrote:
> @ Zcott, Alonso won the Championship thanks to
> Kimi's unreliable car, but Japan proved that Kimi
> is by FAR the fastest guy out there.
>
> __________________________________________________
> _________________________________________
>
>

Friend :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy