The 2005 Indianapolis GP Thread [spoiler warning]

Posted by markko 
If michelin were not going to race for points then why not just send them out and tell them too take it easy around the banking. It would have provided the spectators something to watch. I wouldnt say it would be dangerous. And why could they not have just come in for new tyres every 20 laps or so. If they arent racing for points who cares if they are DQ'ed.
b-tone.. lets say they accepted to have michelin drivers race with a chicane and no point and lets say im alonso, alrite?

I get a better start than the ferrari, take a risk in the first corner, take out MS from the race and don't lose anything in the championship as no matter what I do, I don't get any points.

It's totally stupid to think the michelin drivers wouldnt have tried risky things on the ferraris, not taking them out(duh, obviously thats jsut wrong) just trying to pass them in risky ways, things they would not normally try if they were scoring points.
lol just found this [img293.echo.cx]
Re: The 2005 Indianapolis GP Thread [spoiler warning]
Date: June 20, 2005 08:35AM
Posted by: Nickv
G_Crawford Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If what Stoddy said is true, then
> I am disappointed with Jordan for running, however
> I don't know the whole story so I can't really
> judge...

I know a bit more: Stoddart says that he and Collin Kolles had a deal which was: we DON'T drive.
Kolles didn't respect the deal and went driving. So Paul had to otherwise Jordan would have too much points. For Dutch television Paul said there was a deal. Our pitreporter went to Kolles and he said there wasn't any deal at all. The pitreporter said: "Paul says there was a deal". Then Kolles just walked away... (hmm suspicios). The pitreporter went back to Stoddart and he was furious.
And it's very sad for Paul cause their championship is over. There is a gap of 4 point between Jordan and Minardi.
Also Stoddart said: This is f*cking bullsh*t and this is a farce.
The FIA doesn't give a sh*t about the sport itself, they only worry about their political game.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2005 08:42AM by Nickv.
lol sometimes i just dont realise how pathetic the race was until i see images like this
[home.swiftdsl.com.au]
Date: June 20, 2005 08:57AM
Posted by: chet
Eugenio Faria Wrote:
> "As a person.. if that had been me.. i most likley
> would have given the trophy back after..or not
> accepted the points........ its almost as if he
> was given the 3rd place."
> Yeah right...offcourse....
>
> Just because the michelin teams didnt run
> today,Tiago didnt earned the podium??
> you are the one whos pathetic dude!!!!!
> He did what he had to do,and beat his team mate
> (once again...) and the 2 Minardis.
> Its not his fault that all of this happened.
> So shut up about Tiago celebrating with his team
> and the Portuguese fans.
> Any other driver from a small team would have done
> the same.
>
>

did any1 hear martin brundle... "if shumi does a victory leap i will personaly punch him!"

tell me exactly what Tiago was cheering for..

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: June 20, 2005 08:59AM
Posted by: Nickv
Date: June 20, 2005 08:59AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
firstly its one race, yeah it will have repercussions in america and it shows the inefficiency of f1. Oh and the fans at indianapolis should be re-emboursed but to be frank its not the end of f1, its one race - wotever you want to read into it

Secondly, well done we all know that nascar is better, now @#$%& off and tell someone that gives a @#$%&
tiago and the other 3 'no hopers' had no control over things. if they'd personally pulled out they could probably say good bye to their career, and as they compete with each other there was no effect to their race - just less 'negative traffic'.

the history books give tiago a podium finish. just like webber got a 'hollow' point on debut. good on him :)

____
Tony

I support Eugenio.

For me, although I'm against Ferrari, they may even have used champagne on the podium! They had no reason to boycot the podium or the race. It's the fault from Michelin, they can't help it!!

It's Monteiros first (and probably last) podium of his career and it doesn't matter if there were only 6 cars, they raced legally! They didn't do anything wrong so why should they allow to build a chicane???????

Image it the other way; Do you think 1 Michelin team would allow if Ferrari asked to build a chicane because their Bridgestones aren't good enough? I don't think so. Ferrari did it like it should be, it's a shame for F1 but that just the way it is.

All Michelins fault!

Check out our website: www.heikkikovalainen.net
chet Wrote:
> Eugenio Faria Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > "As a person.. if that had been me.. i most
> likley
> > would have given the trophy back after..or
> not
> > accepted the points........ its almost as if
> he
> > was given the 3rd place."
> > Yeah right...offcourse....
> >
> > Just because the michelin teams didnt run
> > today,Tiago didnt earned the podium??
> > you are the one whos pathetic dude!!!!!
> > He did what he had to do,and beat his team
> mate
> > (once again...) and the 2 Minardis.
> > Its not his fault that all of this happened.
> > So shut up about Tiago celebrating with his
> team
> > and the Portuguese fans.
> > Any other driver from a small team would have
> done
> > the same.
> >
> >
>
> did any1 hear martin brundle... "if shumi does a
> victory leap i will personaly punch him!"
>
> tell me exactly what Tiago was cheering for..

Hmm i dunno maybe his first and probably last podium and a nice trophy as well. Seeing how happy he was just made the thing great. Moping about looking like your about to kill someone doesnt help anything.

Date: June 20, 2005 09:18AM
Posted by: Boils
I feel ripped off...
i got out of bed at 3.30am to watch what i thought was going to be another exciting GP

knowing about the tyre problems i thought they would have come to a soloution and there would have been a race, when 6 cars were left on the grid i switched off and went back to bed... what was worse was that i couldnt get back to sleep, so i payed for it by being like a zombie at work all day...

i watch every GP every year for last 5 years and although im looking forward to the next GP already, im not sure i can say the same for the US public or the casual F1 viewer
Date: June 20, 2005 09:42AM
Posted by: Zcott
If you're standing up on a podium getting jeered and booed, do you want to show your delight by showering people in champagne? Those people booing were't just booing the Michelin teams, they're booing the other teams that failed to help the race go ahead as "normal". Michael and Rubens did the right thing by taking their trophies and champagne and getting off the podium ASAP.

Date: June 20, 2005 09:48AM
Posted by: marcl
dear oh dear i watched the gp it went very fast best tv coverage of the year i.e we followed more than ferrari.

What else can be said apart from what a joke.

There could have been a race but no one listened.

I would now say thats the end of F1 come 2008 bernie and the FIA proved they can not sort out problems and even though 9 teams agreed 1 team never (not that i blame them) so it sort of proves who has the final say.

MS is now in the championship hunt and yet again a good sesson has been affected.

The jordan driver should not have done that yes he was happy but looked bloody stupid.

More could have been done, if the teams never took the formation lap points would not have counted so why did they do that?
Arsenal vs Man u next season "sorry guys the man u teams boots are slightly damaged you'll let them change them right " " no they must play on its their choice they were wearin this boots they must play on" not excatly the same but you get the gist ............................................................just heard max mosely on radio man he should be sacked he just passed the buck michelin teams would have raced without points to have a race fia said no

Jagdpanzer Wrote:

>
> The people hurt the most here are the fans that
> paid to see the race at the track, and F1 in the
> United States. USA F1 fans got cheated. We are not
> all beer swilling, redneck NASCAR fans here.
>

im not a redneck, i hate beer, but i love NASCAR. dont stereotype nascar like others are stereotyping Ferrari.

although playing with damaged boots aren't really dangerous...

Here's something I find slightly interesting. Since the last US GP, the Indianapolis Motor Speedway has had it's surface completly redone (including the F1 circuit). Now, thats not so bad. The problem is that IRL and NASCAR events held since it was resurfaced have been halted at some point in their duration becuase the track has been causing problems with tyres. How could one of the worlds largest tyre manufacturers not have known about this, and thus provide better tyres.

Where it gets a bit more interesting is that Firestone, a tyre manufacturer for IRL, is a subsiduary of Bridgestone. This would lead me to think that they've given the F1 division a heads up about the state of the tarmac, thus allowing them to produce a tyre that could handle the surface.

Or is that just me being overly cynical?
Date: June 20, 2005 10:17AM
Posted by: marcl
there was no way the drivers could race they could have died there was all the stuff said about mclaren and kimi the other week and hear people are saying "we no u have a problem but race".

They done the right thing. Ferrari are not to blame but Todt should not have been smiling away on the grid and in the race.

Well atleast ferrari won a race this year lol.

What would have been an idea would have been for them all to go on bridgestones for the weekend for the sake of the sport. It would have given them good publicity.

And if boots are damaged u can change them lol. If a football pitch is unsafe the game is cancelled. In tenis if it rains the game is stopped, in cricket its stopped as well.

The drivers could not race end off lets just hope france is back to normal
why will france be back to normal?
ron, flav and others were very annoyed. and not just at michelin, but (once again) at the huge lack in unity in f1.
ferrari might get their wish and finish the season racing against jordan, and maybe redbull.

How could one of the worlds largest tyre manufacturers not have known about this, and thus provide better tyres.

i'm no expert but i'm sure there's more to it than just turning the dial on the tyre making machin to 'better'.

____
Tony

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy