The 2005 Indianapolis GP Thread [spoiler warning]

Posted by markko 
" Secondly, the michelin teams offered to race without getting any points, if they could get the safety issue resolved..."

It's hard to claim this as fact among all the confusion of the weekend.
Re: The 2005 Indianapolis GP Thread [spoiler warning]
Date: June 20, 2005 11:40AM
Posted by: marcl
question RB was going down the main str8 at 200 MPH or whatever it was, MS came out the pits and got to the 1st corner at the same time, how ? I though RB would have blasted past him just thought that was strange
as far as i understood it, running at a slower pace through turn 13 was not an option for the Michelin teams, because Michelin told their teams that they can not race at all on those tyres.

i'm amazed how much ferrari, and in partucular, MS bashing going on here.

@ Marcl, MS was nearly at the pitlane exit while Rubens was crossing the line at 200MPH, so arrived at turn 1 at the same time, rubens out-braked himself, and MS took the lead.

and if 14 cars were going to run and not score any points, would they not just hold up the bridgestone runners as much as possible, and possibly kamikaze the ferraris out of the race ;)?

and why does everyone keep saying they brought 'the wrong tyres'? weren't the tyres faulty, a result of manufacturing flaws? it could have potentially been even more dangerous and unknown if they have flown Barcelona-spec tyres, and used them for the first time for the race.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2005 11:46AM by Muks_C.
Date: June 20, 2005 11:44AM
I do not blame ferrari at all, but alot of people on other sites are really having a go saything that ferrari have lost all the respect and honour they built up over the year.

I dont see how people can blame them, what were they meant to do if the problem had been the other way the michelin drivers would have raced without ferrari simple as that.

Michelin messed up its their fault but the FIA did not really help to make the race happen.

Its a shame this happened what else is there to say. In brazil 2003 when bridgestones had no wets all the drivers and teams said tough luck if u remember but the start was delayed to help them

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2005 11:47AM by marcl.
Date: June 20, 2005 11:51AM
Posted by: LS.
I think what needs clarifying is wether or not Ferrari's decision not to agree ( nine out of the ten teams did agree)

And did that have the effect of causing the FIA not to put the chicane in?

IF the FIA had gotten 10 teams to agree unanimously on it would they have gone ahead with the chicance?

IF the answer was yes, then Ferrari deserve every insult they are getting thrown at them!

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2005 11:52AM by LS..
"Where it gets a bit more interesting is that Firestone, a tyre manufacturer for IRL, is a subsiduary of Bridgestone. This would lead me to think that they've given the F1 division a heads up about the state of the tarmac, thus allowing them to produce a tyre that could handle the surface."

Goes with the territory.

Certainly i doubt that anyone would have blamed Michelin if Bridgestone was the better tyre last weekend but it is still their job to produce a tyre that would last the whole race.

LS. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I thought that also, if we can hear Ferrari at
> Indy then why not every other track?

They have competition at other races

Jordan need some bashing I think too. If they hadn't gone back on their agreement of not racing if Michelin didn't (so we're told, like Stoddart said in an interview during the race), then Minardi wouldn't have raced either.... would Ferrari have raced on their own then? Surely even they would then decide enough is enough and agree to the chicane?

Date: June 20, 2005 11:55AM
the FIA could have over ruled ferrari storeis are ferrari said they will not race if there is a chicane built.

You can blame ferrari or the FIA but at the end of the day michelin messed up big time. But yes the FIA could have done something and maybe ferrari could have backed down and said yes but they wanted to win a race and they did
@ LS, IIRC, James, in his 'team report', said ferrari didn't agree to the chicane, but that didn't matter because the FIA, through Charlie Whiting, didn't want to alter the track layout anyway.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Ferrari let to hear their team radio, because there werent anyone else tough competitor on the track like renault etc. Ferrari had nothing to hide from jordan or minardi, because the had almost won the race in the start :)
Ferrari let to hear their team radio, because there werent anyone else tough competitor on the track like renault etc. Ferrari had nothing to hide from jordan or minardi, because the had almost won the race in the start :)

* Do not use illegal copies of computer software. *
wouldn't FIA be the one ppl should be bashing?

soz, i'm just found out that 6 cars raced.

Andrew. Australia.
Date: June 20, 2005 11:58AM
Posted by: LS.
He might have had to had all the teams been in agreement but there you go.

Theres so many different storys flying around at the moment its hard to make head or tail of it.

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
IF the FIA had gotten 10 teams to agree unanimously on it would they have gone ahead with the chicance?

IF the answer was yes, then Ferrari deserve every insult they are getting thrown at them!

apparently under the concorde agreement, if ten teams agree on anything, then it is decided. regarless of what the fia or anyone else says. ie. 10 teams can overrule the fia. (but i'm not 100% sure)

but what happens in these situatuins (testing limit, minardi @ oz) 9 teams agree, and one team says 'its up to the fia'.

thers no unity in f1, and some teams will ot want to continue without unity.

____
Tony

REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLY angry now ferrari just said they would have won any way so y not let the other teams have thoer chicane and race i didnt want to ferrari bash but wtf

Date: June 20, 2005 12:01PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
hmm apologies for my nascar fans bashing earlier, didnt actually mean it at anyone in particular, esp. cause i quite enjoy it (sometimes). meah well

interesting point LS, i wouldnt have thought they have a clause that gets them out of TV coverage (but i wouldnt put it passed thjem), it cant just be because there was no opposition - surely?!
I've said it before, but couldn't Michelin have let the cars go through the pits every lap to avoid the last corner? Farcical as that would be, it can't be worse than what we ended up with.

There would still have been a fight for 3rd place, Renault and McLaren at least would've easily beaten the Jordans and Minardis with drive through penalties each lap.

Date: June 20, 2005 12:07PM
Posted by: Zcott
Ferrari are really secretive of their radio transmission. Somehow Rubens' radio "failed" halfway through the race with the Ferrari guys holding out a "NO RADIO" board. It was great to hear Michael and Chris Dyer talking.....I'd like to hear it for the whole race sometime.

Date: June 20, 2005 12:07PM
yes ferrari would have started at the front and the rest not score points so yes ferrari would have got 10 point even finishing in 10th but they may not have won the race.

This will split the teams even more now as its clear the FIA have no back bone and dont care about the fans they done this to prove a point but i think it will back fire, this was not the teams fault or the fans and they/us have suffered they wanted to race the FIA did not want them to
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy