Alonso 2008??? Renault ??? possible combination???

Posted by brnco 
Alonso 2008??? Renault ??? possible combination???
Date: August 06, 2007 07:35PM
Posted by: brnco
Just heard a moments ago that Alonso spoke to spanish media and said there is no future for him and Hamilton in the same team. I think he has a contract for 2008 with Renault. All of a sudden everything is so logic. fernando knows that Lewis will never accept beeing #2, and he(Alonso) wants to drive in the team where #1 and #2 are clearly defined (something like ferrari 1996-2006), so he is well aware that he won't get it from Mclaren. On the other side you have Flavio Briatore who really has a BIG problem in his garage one is too old and worn out, other is simply undiscernible. So he's got Piqetihno or Nelsihno ,whatewer, standing by, But Is not really sure can he be the teamleader, because Heikki obviously can't. So Briatore will, for once, make a deal with Dennis. He will swap Piquet and Kovalainen for Alonso and will bring Webber (he owns him, so no big deal there)to be Alonso's #2. Fissico will loose out completely in this combination. While over at Macca they would keep Kovalainen to be Hamilton's #2 and will lend Piquet to Williams or Prodrive (they will be practically Macca #2 in 2008) so that he gains some experience.
Re: Alonso 2008??? Renault ??? possible combination???
Date: August 06, 2007 07:46PM
Posted by: FRESCO
I don't think McLaren would go for two such inexperienced drivers, I would say the more likely combination would be Alonso/Kovalainen at Renault and Hamilton/Heidfeld (or possibly Button, de la Rosa in place of Heidfeld).

This is all the spanish and british press probably blowing things out of control however, so I don't think we should read to much into the situation.

Date: August 06, 2007 07:46PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
I know that Renault is an option, and to be honest, with the way he's been treated at Mclaren, he has every right to leave.

However, does anybody know what the contract status is with Heidfeld and Kubica at BMW? I reckon it would be ace if Alonso went to BMW, and then whoever he replaces (Heidfeld and Kubica are both great drivers) could replace him at Mclaren. Would that not be great?? He joined Mclaren because he said he wanted a new challenge, I don't think he would return to Renault so soon.

Your thoughts?
Date: August 06, 2007 07:47PM
See! I'm not alone in seeing Heidfeld going to Mclaren :P
Date: August 06, 2007 07:48PM
And btw I just remembere Alonso saying after the brazillian GP 2006 that he will never became MS in a way of staying that long in f1. He sad, but we somehow overheard it, that he will leave f1 much sooner than we expect. He is going to retire by the end of the season. And suddenly his words make sense.
And it would be a goob thing for him (not for us spectators though)

Just look at MS, nooone is missing him, and yet he seems so lost. It's a ruined man he's got no life. He doesnt know what to do with himself. Even ferrari don't want him around anymore (he wasn't in the pitlane in hungary.seriously - this is a serious therad , so just forget martin hamilton) because he was somehow in the way without any proper function. Ruined man I tell you he was there too long, and even when he was not suppose to be (when his mother died). He'll end up with drinking problem, just wait and see.
Date: August 06, 2007 07:51PM
Posted by: mikef1
brnco Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just look at MS, nooone is missing him, and yet he
> seems so lost. It's a ruined man he's got no life.
> He doesnt know what to do with himself. Even
> ferrari don't want him around anymore (he wasn't
> in the pitlane in hungary.seriously - this is a
> serious therad , so just forget martin hamilton)
> because he was somehow in the way without any
> proper function. Ruined man I tell you he was
> there too long, and even when he was not suppose
> to be (when his mother died). He'll end up with
> drinking problem, just wait and see.

Rolf Harris!! ;)
Date: August 06, 2007 07:52PM
Are you kidding?? He's sitting with his feet up in his Swiss castle, closely monitoring his growing empire of various business pursuits..
Date: August 06, 2007 07:54PM
Posted by: Nickv
Alonso won't retire at the end of this year.
Alonso will stay at McLaren.
MS isn't a ruined man.
The guy has a life, he is at almost every race, he has enough to do. I bet Ferrari do want him around, but maybe he couldn't make it? Maybe you should become a journalist, I'm astonished by how you blow up things.
MS won't end up with a drinking problem.
Martin Hamilton doesn't excist.
Date: August 06, 2007 08:00PM
Posted by: gav
brnco Wrote:
> I think he has a contract for 2008 with Renault.

Yeah. OK. Renault and McLaren have already negotiated a deal and Alonso signed a contract?

How haven't you forgotten how to breathe yet?
Date: August 06, 2007 08:05PM
Posted by: chet
FRESCO Wrote:
> I don't think McLaren would go for two such
> inexperienced drivers, I would say the more likely
> combination would be Alonso/Kovalainen at Renault
> and Hamilton/Heidfeld (or possibly Button, de la
> Rosa in place of Heidfeld).
>
> This is all the spanish and british press probably
> blowing things out of control however, so I don't
> think we should read to much into the situation.

IF Mclaren approach Button or he approaches them and a contract is agreed, it would be breaking his Honda one causing another Buttongate..

But would you blame him? Honda clearly dont know whats wrong with the car, and so the possibility of building a quick car next year has gone out of the window.

Its a tough one, Honda is a good enviroment for JB, and if JB goes to Mclaren would he want to play 2nd fiddle to Lewis. Jb will do all he can to beat him.

I dont tihnk it will happen anyway, but its a possibility... One think I would love more than anything is for Ron to give JPM a call lol.

About MS, he's not attending races because he feels his involvment isnt needed because f1 has grown more since he retired. Hes doign what any other person would do.. spending time with the family seeing as though he has lost a good few years of time with them :) He is living the perfect life I imagine...

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: August 06, 2007 08:05PM
this is rude gav. I'm offended
Date: August 06, 2007 08:08PM
Posted by: marcl
they could put pedro in the car like last year or garry.

There are alot of stories at the mo.

just think alonso could go back to renault and get beat by piquet lol.

Maybe alonso is not as good as he thinks and others think.

His competition at renault was fissi and look this year his rookie team mate is 1 point behind.

If alonso wanted to be number he sould ave not let lewis build up a lead, yes alonso was unlucky in france. But other than that he has cost himself points in a number of races by going off.

Tbh I hope he does leave mclaren they dont need him. He is not what MS was to ferrari.

Out of the 2 who would u keep alonso or lewis. I would keep lewis 100%, for his skill and the publicity he is bringing to the team all good apart from the last race. But even then most people think alonso held him up.

That the problem now with alonso he might do nothing wrong but due to things in the past people wont put it past him just like things with MS.

On the JB side I bet there is a performance clause in the contract.

When alonso dont get his own way he acts like a kid.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2007 08:09PM by marcl.
I think Heidfeld at Mclaren makes a lot of sense, and in some ways, having Hamilton/Heidfeld would be ideal for Mclaren-Mercedes, in that the team has their English driver, and the engine supplier has their German driver.

I don't think de la Rosa would make much sense for Mclaren, nor would Button, has having two drivers of the same nationality is lost advertising revenue.

Il'd love to see either Heidfeld, Kubica or Rosberg in the Mclaren next year, as Alonso just does not want competition which is a shame, as i used to view him as one of most favourite drivers, but know i just want Sato to pass him in every race;)

Date: August 06, 2007 08:10PM
Posted by: FRESCO
I know it'll never happen, but wouldn't you just love to see Michael Schumacher in a McLaren next year? Michael Schumacher versus Hamilton internally in McLaren, versus his old team Ferrari and Alonso in a Renault.

*Drools*

loque Wrote:
> He joined Mclaren because he said he wanted a new challenge, I don't
> think he would return to Renault so soon.

Not true. Alonso went to McLaren because Renault's future in Formula 1 was unclear at the time he signed the contract with McLaren. There was a clear possibility of Renault leaving the sport and so he decided to secure his future elsewhere. If Renault had been 100% positive that they would remain in F1, I have no doubt we would be seeing Alonso at Renault this year.
if anything should happen alonso might go back to renault as Mario Theissen has already distanced himself from fernando going to BMW... possible lineup for next year

Ferrari - Felipe Massa, Kimi Raikkonen
McLaren - Lewis Hamilton, DLR? Heidfeld?
Renault - Alonso? Heikki Kovalainen, Piquet Jr.?
Honda - Jense, Rubeniho
BMW - Nick?, Kubica?, Or Schumacher [ralf]?
Toyota - Heidfeld? Liuzzi? Sutil?, Trulli
RBR - DC, Mark
Williams - Nico, Alexander
STR - Sebastian Vettel, Bourdais? Liuzzi? Schumacher [ralf]?
Super Aguri - Taku, Ant
Spyker - They'll keep changing their lineup every race so not bothered
Prodrive - Schumcher? Liuzzi?

These are just wild guesses from me but who knows?

Bourdais is sure contender cuz from the looks of things STR are not happy with liuzzi...

Ralf is on the verge of fighting for a race seat next year so maybe he might be at prodrive or str which bourdais doesnt react to the contract quickly...

Sutil might have a chance to go somewhere for what he's displayed this year [well a little bit]

Nick was linked to a toyota move at the beginning of the season but wants to stay at BMW? coz no news of contract printings

Kovalinen's performance havent been that good but would he stay on or move over for piquet?

Alonso is going topsy turvy for miles before he makes a decision on if he wants to stay at macca or not....

Again I say these are just wild guesses...
Date: August 06, 2007 08:12PM
Posted by: Sapo
And i read on formule1.nl also something, described only as a "rumour", that BMW is really following things closely and hoping to have a talk with Fernando, when it moght come to a break up wit Macca.

But that is indeed only a rumour still, and so is the Renault/Alonso theory i think.

And practically speaking: Alonso earns a shitload of money, has a race winning car, and Renault is not really fast atm, and they don't have the possibilty to pay FA a salary equal to that he earns now.

Some say... he's even smaller than 20kb.
And some say... he's so offensive he could get you into trouble...
The only thing we know is that he's called...

THE SIG

Felipe Massa, World Champion 15:34:11pm- 15:34:21pm.
Date: August 06, 2007 08:12PM
Posted by: Nickv
FRESCO schreef:
> I know it'll never happen, but wouldn't you just
> love to see Michael Schumacher in a McLaren next
> year? Michael Schumacher versus Hamilton
> internally in McLaren, versus his old team Ferrari
> and Alonso in a Renault.
>
> *Drools*

That would be awesome :D

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2007 08:12PM by Nickv.
Date: August 06, 2007 08:14PM
Posted by: Sapo
lol, that were about five posts within 1 or 2 minutes ;)

Some say... he's even smaller than 20kb.
And some say... he's so offensive he could get you into trouble...
The only thing we know is that he's called...

THE SIG

Felipe Massa, World Champion 15:34:11pm- 15:34:21pm.
Sapo Wrote:
> And i read on formule1.nl also something,
> described only as a "rumour", that BMW is really
> following things closely and hoping to have a talk
> with Fernando, when it moght come to a break up
> wit Macca.
>
> But that is indeed only a rumour still, and so is
> the Renault/Alonso theory i think.
>
> And practically speaking: Alonso earns a shitload
> of money, has a race winning car, and Renault is
> not really fast atm, and they don't have the
> possibilty to pay FA a salary equal to that he
> earns now.

but mate, you say he has shitloads of money and a race winning car, so why doesnt he just sit down and let his team mate do the work while he earns the shitload of money... but in way if FA did go back to renault then it would be mclaren having a big grudge against alonso and there would be row on who stole whose secrets ;)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy