Re: Codemasters' F1 game discussion
Date: February 25, 2010 08:14PM
Posted by: Alonsofreak
Kimi-The-Champ schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> by the way, the real season didn't starts and the
> release is in middle of 2010.

but, look, they don't even need to create a new graphic engine^^
for codemasters it's very easy to create a simple model of a car, i thik for a codemasters member with much experience there's maybe a day to do it for him ;)
the next day he's mapping it and begins painting, the following day the car is ready boom,
so just think about it, Codemasters has thousands of members the could create a few hundreds cars in just a few days
Date: March 09, 2010 03:35AM
Posted by: skyline86
F1 2010 News from virtualr.net:
Even though Codemasters announced that their Formula One 2010 game will be revealed to the media on March 17th, first details have now been disclosed via the Official Xbox Magazine.

The four-page preview article includes first-ever preview screenshots of the upcoming game, showing various cars in action on several tracks. Also included are first previews of the game’s impressive wet weather effects.

As mentioned in the article, the previews show 2009 season cars as placeholders because the brand-new cars of the upcoming 2010 season aren’t ready to be shown off yet. It’s unknown whether or not the title will only contain the 2010 season or if the 2009 cars will be included as well.

Furthermore, the article mentioned the title’s dynamic weather system and other features such as the title’s management-style features. Instead of just racing, the game’s career mode will give players the ability to influence off-track parts of the career such as speaking to the media, their team and their team-mate with the choice of words affecting the outcome of the career and the relationship to the team. This adds a new and realistic element to the experience as a Formula One driver’s career doesn’t end with stepping out of the car.

Details in a nutshell:

- F1 2010 will be released for the PC, Playstation 3 and Xbox 360

- The title will feature the upcoming 2010 season, including all cars and tracks

- The tracks will be laser-scanned for maximum accuracy

- It’s unknown whether or not the pictured 2009-season cars will be included as well

- F1 2010 uses Codemasters’ EGO engine known from Colin McRae DIRT 2

- The title comes with an extensive dynamic weather system, including weather changes, puddles and drying racing lines

- The game’s career mode will include interaction with co-drivers, the team and the media – Objectives will differ on whether you´re driving for a backmarker team or a championship-contender

Following their maiden Formula One title that was released only for the Playstation Portable and the Nintendo Wii, Codemasters will be bringing the 2010 Formula One season to the PC, the Xbox 360 and the Playstation 3. A release date for the title has not been announced yet.

From F1virtuar.net
Date: March 09, 2010 06:03AM
Posted by: ROBITUSSIN JR.
The screens are probably bullshots, specially the rain ones but the game features are looking very nice.
Date: March 09, 2010 08:53AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
it does look very promising, but that's what you would expect from a PR release like this.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: March 09, 2010 02:01PM
Posted by: Covfan
2009 cars and tracks will come with the game. 2010 will be download content....
Date: March 09, 2010 03:57PM
Posted by: filou16
It looks very nice ;) but for the moment it looks only...

Date: March 09, 2010 06:25PM
Posted by: LS.
some bigger scans so you can read the article

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: March 10, 2010 05:22AM
Covfan Wrote:
> 2009 cars and tracks will come with the game. 2010
> will be download content....

I think it may be the other way around.
Date: March 10, 2010 10:34AM
Posted by: Covfan
There's the official press unveiling today at 2PM, expect a press release and some screenshots.
Date: March 10, 2010 08:02PM
Posted by: starflight
Date: March 11, 2010 07:14AM
I hate that ugly post-apocalypse filter and the graphics don't look so hot on those two shots, still the game is a long way yet so it will hopefully look better by then. Here's just hoping the game has good physics and A.I.
Date: March 11, 2010 12:52PM
Posted by: Ho3n3r
Looks better than I expected so far. But the proof will be in the handling and damage model.
Date: March 11, 2010 11:21PM
Posted by: rocker
Am I the only one that didn't like those shots??

The graphics looks like MotoGP 09/10, in my opinion.

Hope it doesn’t have that blur-effect from games like NFS shift, for me it feels damn unrealistic...

--------------------------------------------
Rocker
Date: March 12, 2010 01:50AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
God dammit show us the damage model!!!!
Date: March 12, 2010 03:55PM
Posted by: IWE
And the downhill starts already?!

Formula One 2010 title for the PC, Xbox 306 and Playstation 3 will not contain:

- Laser Scanned Track Data
- Safety Car
- Formation Lap
- A Feeder Series
- Split Screen

[www.virtualr.net]

Im already expecting to hear soon more similiar news about "most accurate weather effects ever" and having different amout of grip on different parts of track etc.. Simply because "this actually offers very little in terms of enjoyable game experience in comparison to other game elements we’ll reveal later"..

In the end we have Formula1 version of Race Driver Grid with graphical updates originally made for DIRT2 and thats all..(N)

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: March 12, 2010 04:14PM
Posted by: Nickv
A feeder series? Who exactly was expecting one?
Date: March 12, 2010 05:01PM
People on Codemasters forum. Biggest CM fans were nearly requesting for possibility to drive in the game from their homes to race tracks around the laser scanned world.. :P

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: March 12, 2010 07:43PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
We ARE getting laser scanned tracks. I'm 99% sure I have read that somewhere very recently.

Also, I have the magazine and it does look bloody gorgeous. The screenshots above make it a little difficult to grasp just how beautiful the graphics actually are. Bearing in mind it's not even finished. That EGO engine in a beast.

Not convinced on the handling though. Although Anthony Davidson did have input, how much input I don't know.

Edit: Not that they would say any different, but Codies have this to say:

"F1 2010 will also feature a highly advanced damage model, fully dynamic weather system and extensive competitive multiplayer options."

I'm excited. I know I shouldn't be and I'll just feel let down but I can't help it. Also it's confirmed for September. But that's ages away :( Perhaps this means that they're actually, you know, doing it properly. And because they won't see Korea before then. Probs.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2010 07:49PM by loque.
Date: March 12, 2010 08:42PM
loque Wrote:
> We ARE getting laser scanned tracks. I'm 99% sure
> I have read that somewhere very recently.

More recently than 2 days ago and 'straight' from the dev team? They have found another way (most probably cheaper way like using google earth lol) to make worlds most realistic tracks.. ;-)

Oh and what comes to handling of this game I can show what is realistic in Codemasters opinion:

"In defence of DiRT 2, we had many comments from numerous rally drivers including Kris Meeke regarding how accurate they felt the cars handled, I'd imagine they would know what they are talking about."

This was comment after someone called GRID and DIRT2 arcade games. Somehow I still haven't ordered own Ford Fiesta S2000 2011, even according to Codemasters I really should do it.. ;)

Date: March 13, 2010 12:48AM
Posted by: ZaZ
loque Schreef:

> Not convinced on the handling though. Although
> Anthony Davidson did have input, how much input I
> don't know.

That doesn't mean anything. They always do that. They call lots of (ex) drivers and invite them over.
Anthony gave it a try and might have said "the handling is shite!" codies told their crew "ok change the settings to something less 'shite'"
Now the game features input from a real F1 driver :P

> Edit: Not that they would say any different, but
> Codies have this to say:
>
> "F1 2010 will also feature a highly advanced
> damage model, fully dynamic weather system and
> extensive competitive multiplayer options."
>

Next week they might drop the damage model all together and this will be why:

We decided to drop the damage model as it doesn't really add anything to the racing experience.
Why would we put a lot of effort into something you want to avoid all the time? The goal is accurate racing and crashing is not a part of it.
It's a sim. For instance; The successful Flight Simulator series also doesn't focus on crashes. Why? It's a sim, that's why.

So ehm, did I somewhat temper your expectations? ;)

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy