smorr Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I never did understand why F1C was renamed for the
> consoles over here....
>
> Mr. Knott is correct for once. But in all honesty,
> that looks on par with some of the more well done
> PS1 games ffs. It reeks of F1 2000. Everything has
> an awkward color cast over it- looks like trash.
>
> Anyone notice that the front wing MAGICALLY
> appeared?

what?

H E L L O
Re: Codemasters' F1 game discussion
Date: August 21, 2009 04:06PM
Posted by: smorr
Daniel Knott Wrote:
> smorr Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I never did understand why F1C was renamed for
> the
> > consoles over here....
> >
> > Mr. Knott is correct for once. But in all
> honesty,
> > that looks on par with some of the more well
> done
> > PS1 games ffs. It reeks of F1 2000. Everything
> has
> > an awkward color cast over it- looks like trash.
>
> >
> > Anyone notice that the front wing MAGICALLY
> > appeared?
>
>
> what?

huh?

The Flanker is gone. :(
Date: September 12, 2009 06:38PM
Posted by: gav

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

ROFL!
Date: September 12, 2009 07:57PM
Posted by: SexySam182
Lol thats awful! It looks about 10 years old.

Date: September 12, 2009 08:03PM
Posted by: Willb
Never mind the looks, the physics and handling look dire!!! I SO hope this is aimed at 5 year olds, and not the same target market as F1 2010.

Help keep our forums tidy.

Use the search function...
Date: September 12, 2009 10:11PM
Posted by: Nickv
That's even worse than the crap Sony produced. I'm stunned.
Date: September 12, 2009 11:25PM
Posted by: madotter
Erm... It's for the Wii, it's not gonna be anything like the PS3/360/PC version...
Date: September 12, 2009 11:27PM
Yes but still, lately games are just ports form one console to the next. So I hope this wont be the case for F1 2010.

Date: September 13, 2009 11:23AM
Posted by: Rodrigo007
Stuff.

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Gotta love Mclaren is quality.

Not.
Date: September 13, 2009 02:45PM
Posted by: madotter
If anyone ACTUALLY thinks that the Wii version will be ported to the PS3 and that it will look like that on anything other than Wii and PSP is a moron...
Date: September 13, 2009 03:32PM
Posted by: alless84
i think this psp and wii versions are just the lowest lods of thhat what will come to pc and ps3 or something like that thats why pc/ps3 is coming next year.
For psp/wii those screens actually looking good, nice models, textures, maybe to much light on cars in some places but otherwise good...
Date: September 13, 2009 05:01PM
Posted by: Daniel Knott
Ahahahaha now it all makes sense why it's so bad - this is made purely for the psp and for the wii they couldn't be arsed to add better graphics so thought "oh we'll use the psp ones, it doesn't matter". That's why it looks even worse than ps2. What an insult - but then it's codemasters, what do you expect haha.
Also, i fully expect the other console releases to have the same (or if changed then only slightly) "physics" than this version - look at the awfulness of grid and dirt to see.

H E L L O
Date: September 13, 2009 05:32PM
Posted by: IWE
Just tried Dirt2 and its still same old boat "sim" as grid and dirt.. Same is most propably going to be with their F1 "sim". Atleast those games looks more or less good with their weird effects.

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: September 13, 2009 06:16PM
Posted by: chet
LOL!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: September 13, 2009 07:20PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Daniel Knott Wrote:
> Ahahahaha now it all makes sense why it's so bad -
> this is made purely for the psp and for the wii
> they couldn't be arsed to add better graphics so
> thought "oh we'll use the psp ones, it doesn't
> matter". That's why it looks even worse than ps2.
> What an insult - but then it's codemasters, what
> do you expect haha.
> Also, i fully expect the other console releases to
> have the same (or if changed then only slightly)
> "physics" than this version - look at the
> awfulness of grid and dirt to see.

That makes no sense what so ever. How can they have better graphics? The Wii hardware is crap. It won't look good no matter what.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 13, 2009 07:52PM
Hahahah so according to you a wii game cannot look better than a psp game. That's the most tardworthy thing i've heard in a while.

I've already shown some better looking pictures of a launch gamecube game, and the wii is more than double the power of the gamecube.

The wii hardware is not actually that crap, it's just most developers can't be arsed with it as it is an "easy market" to flog to - casual gamers. I am not going to reiterate what i've said in my previous post.

H E L L O
Date: September 13, 2009 11:34PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
It looks like every other Wii game. Crap. So "couldn't be arsed" doesn't really apply. It is also a tiny fraction of the market compared to the 360 and PS3, so it is a financial black hole to throw money at it anyway.

The wii hardware is not actually that crap

Um, yes it is. It is an overclocked camecube. The hardware is essentially now 8 years old, which in terms of hardware is well over an expected life time. On pure numbers alone, the Wii is around 1/4 of the processing power of the Xbox 360. So yes, the hardware is actually that crap. This is before you get down to the fact that Nintendos SDK is atrocious and its support for 3rd party developers is completely non-existent, making it almost impossible for anyone who isn't Nintedo, and don't have an unlimited budget to unlock the full potential of this 8 year old hardware.

It is all fine and well say "Game X has better graphics", but Game X may not have to cope with 22 vehicles and a relatively large playing area to render. Games can be a lot prettier when you only have to load 1 person and a handful of zombies, rather than having a full grid of F1 cars filling up your resources.

Quite basic stuff here. Wii games don't look good. Wii driving games don't drive good. Anyone expecting the Codemasters Wii F1 game to be any better than what those videos show really was kidding themselves.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 14, 2009 12:09AM
madotter Wrote:
> If anyone ACTUALLY thinks that the Wii version
> will be ported to the PS3 and that it will look
> like that on anything other than Wii and PSP is a
> moron...

We all Know that wii version wont be ported noob! But alot can be gained from looking at the style of the game as this may stay similar across platforms. All I can hiope for is not another iteration of Dirt or Grid with their utterly arcade gameplay and physics.

Date: September 14, 2009 02:47AM
As much as you will deny such things exist, look at the nintendo releases for the wii like mario galaxy, smash brothers. Look at metroid prime 3 for a game that has a lot going on to process.

Look at this with a quick google [www.nintendoeverything.com]

Racing games actually require a hell of a lot less processing and graphical power compared to fast paced fps or 3rd person action games. Racing games have a lot less going on (and most of the time there are a lot fewer than 22 cars on screen) - even if there are 22, that is no real problem, especially with lods. There is significantly less to process. Why do you think that gt4 had such nice graphics for a ps2 game? And even more so in photo mode.
Racing games can be run at a much lower fps than fps games and still appear smooth, as the motion is very consistent and flowing compared to an fps where everything is very hectic and jerks around unpredictably a lot.

You can stick you fingers in your ears as much as you want but they have blatantly just ported over the models and textures from the psp game and so it's basically the psp game at a higher resolution.

No doubt you will still deny it though and continue to be pig ignorant. That is your style and that is fine.

Also [www.games.net]

H E L L O

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2009 02:57AM by Daniel Knott.
Date: September 14, 2009 04:46AM
Posted by: Guimengo
I sincerely hope they develop PS3 first and then work their way down on converting what's possible to XBox 360 to get the best out of both.

However that requires more effort and money so no way they'll worry about it. DiRT 2 is garbage.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy