What would you pay for a champ car sim?

Posted by DaveEllis 
Re: What would you pay for a champ car sim?
Date: April 28, 2006 12:44AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Thats possible with mods, but not with games.

See, the reason the iDT A1GP mod was never released, even with a fake name is that even the likeness of the car is copyrighted to A1GP. So with a fake name, even fake liveries, the car shape is still a copyrighted item.

Releasing a game with real cars but fake name still infringes copyright of the owner

Nice idea, and i'd love it too (like F1C had more than 1 season). Really depends on the license iDT owns, and im in no position to comment on that.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: April 28, 2006 06:27AM
Posted by: Guimengo
Ah, shame you guys couldn't get the A1 thing going. But I understand what you mean about my point, so it's cool
Date: April 28, 2006 11:38AM
I have suggested it btw. I duno the license stuff, and thats all dependant on that, but i suggested it anyway just incase our license allows it :)

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: April 29, 2006 12:41AM
Sweet :D
Date: April 30, 2006 03:36PM
Posted by: Stan
will it have an option to disable physics? :-)

Date: April 30, 2006 06:06PM
Posted by: FRESCO
A pukka licensed champ car game that featured realistic physics and a proper season mode, and preferably good online mode I would pay £29.99. Maybe £34.99 depending on the reviews it got, and if there was a demo that impressed me.

Date: April 30, 2006 06:21PM
What do you mean by Season mode? Simply a championship where you go through the races? Or a career or..?

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: April 30, 2006 08:15PM
Posted by: FRESCO
yeah a championship, although a career mode would be better.

Date: April 30, 2006 09:36PM
Run current season and go on progressing with semi-fantasy seasons as teams may shuffle drivers around and keeping similar paint-jobs and so on :D

All that using the license for current season and making up fantasy drivers (developers *cough*;)) as old ones retire!
Date: May 01, 2006 04:12AM
Posted by: gav
Do you honestly believe the license would allow that? No way on earth would any self-respecting CC team give their consent to that.

Dreamland mate, dreamland.
Date: May 01, 2006 06:20AM
I know, talked to Dave about it. And would be a b*tch to program apparently :p
Date: May 01, 2006 10:53AM
Its not the programming bit thats the problem. It can be programmed if your coders are good enough. Anything can

but thats alot of fake liveries, maybe fake shapes, fake helmets, fake names, fake performance files, fake driver suits, fake menu art...thats alot of work for a feature which isnt going to get much use at all.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: May 01, 2006 11:14AM
Posted by: ralphi
Gui's gotta point to really.. i'd love to be able to do that too. Just get the licence for the team, and then let the players have an option to edit the names like in gp4 or even in notepad.

anyway.. i'd probably spend like £30 on a game.. that's how much i usually pay no matter what game tbh.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy