What would you pay for a champ car sim?

Posted by DaveEllis 
Re: What would you pay for a champ car sim?
Date: April 25, 2006 10:12PM
Posted by: DaveEllis

Posted by: chet (IP Logged)
Date: April 25, 2006 10:02PM

In this case what is defined as 'Good'?

Opposite of "bad". Next stupid question please :)

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2006 10:12PM by DaveEllis.
Date: April 25, 2006 10:20PM
Posted by: chet
I said 'in this case' fag.

Are you rly that dumb?

o wait... I think i can answer that.... going by the last few posts you have made....

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: April 25, 2006 10:23PM
I have NO idea what in gods name your talking about, but god dam you've been the focus of attention in many an MSN chat tonight :P

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: April 25, 2006 10:24PM
Posted by: Covfan
Owl picture :D
Date: April 25, 2006 10:26PM
Ovc you wouldnt.

I guess that makes me famous now dont it?

But tbh iam actually rather scared of conversation between two (or more) people i dont know, talking about me for whatever reason that may be.

I am rather interested now in what has been (or being) said about someone you too dont know. I mean what could possibly be the topic of discussion?

Date: April 25, 2006 10:31PM
You're famous, like one of those Z-List Celebrities.
Date: April 25, 2006 10:35PM
ACE!

Date: April 25, 2006 10:39PM
You're so famous, you have your own comic strip!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2006 10:40PM by Covfan.
Date: April 25, 2006 10:43PM
Just waiting for this to get on here ;)

Date: April 25, 2006 11:09PM
Posted by: gav
chet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In this case what is defined as 'Good'?

How can anyone describe something miles away on the horizon?

People can't even say Vista is good or bad, and there's been versions out there for evaluation for months now (illegal but still out there). Obviously iDT would point at its plus points, while maybe scraping around any negatives.

If I'm honest, I'm not expecting this to be senstational to the extent of a NASCAR Racing 2003, a GPL or a GP2 or 3, purely based on my experience of the physics engine it is based on... but I'm happy to wait, and say that if it is as good as those games, I'd pay stupidly silly money for it (as I've had near unlimited joy from them for over a decade now) and if it's pretty much a professionally made rF mod, then I'd pay what I'd pay for any new game (~£25-30). If it's essentially an average rF mod, then much less accordingly, but even iDT won't have any idea how good it will be yet.

Really Chet... you complain if people take the michael occasionally, but you bring it all on yourself...
Date: April 25, 2006 11:21PM
I really dont complain, i find it quite ammusing actually.

But MOtter is right, how can we answer Daves question without at least some knowledge of what to expect.

How can anyone describe something miles away on the horizon?

Then how can we answer?! If they dont know what to expect?!

Really for sure it would have been alot more sensible to ask this question alot later into the games development when they know what its going to be like?! It seems rather logical, but then it is something that apears to have left a few people latley ;-)

Date: April 25, 2006 11:27PM
I would bother answering that, but we had a big MSN chat, couldnt decide what "Ovc" ment, decided your a f**king retard, and none of us could be bothered answering :D

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2006 11:28PM by DaveEllis.
Date: April 25, 2006 11:29PM
chet Wrote:
> Then how can we answer?! If they dont know what to
> expect?!

You really are lacking in ingenuinty and imagination, aren't you? You've seen rF and its mods, you've seen GT Legends (or read about them, I'm sure)... form an opinion based on what you do expect based on what you do know. It's not a lot, but there's thousands who've voted for a price... I'm sure they didn't all just go "w00t, champcar, spendy!".

> It seems rather logical, but then it is
> something that apears to have left a few people
> latley

Your own quote says it all...

The human race really is turning into a generation of robots.
Date: April 25, 2006 11:34PM
DaveEllis Wrote:
> I would bother answering that, but we had a big
> MSN chat, couldnt decide what "Ovc" ment, decided
> your a f**king retard, and none of us could be
> bothered answering :D

Tip Dave... regardless of personal opinion (which I might or might not share), if you and your colleagues want to make it big, perhaps you should start at least acting the professionals rather than just slagging anyone who might bring up a negative (no matter how stupid).

I admire and encourage the whole bringing-the-future-of-the-product-into-the-hands-of-the-consumer that's sweeping sim-racing at the moment (ideas such as these threads), but yours is the first of these I've seen that resorts to the slagging method.

You're newbies on the sim-racing scene... calling the people who you're looking to pay your wages "f**king retards" is about as low as it gets.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2006 11:36PM by gav.
Date: April 25, 2006 11:39PM
Posted by: mortal
I'd like to suggest that calling people an effing retard is a bit offensive, especially if you happen to have cerebral palsy, I'm sure a person who has to live with it would find it a bit uncalled for, especially in a public forum. Those sort of opinions are best kept to yourselves in future please, or maybe you could fling that sort of abuse at each other over msn or wherever else you like, but please don't do it here. No need to apologise, just spare a thought about the poor people who live with the affliction and their 24/7 carers next time. I'm sure there is a better choice of words if you must be abusive, which isn't really all that necessary ;-)
And this post was reported btw tsk tsk play nicely

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: April 25, 2006 11:44PM
DaveEllis Wrote:
> I would bother answering that, but we had a big
> MSN chat, couldnt decide what "Ovc" ment, decided
> your a f**king retard, and none of us could be
> bothered answering :D
>
>

Retard?! ment? Or Meant? LOL

Ovc - Of Course.

We?! I'd like to know 'We' is? I believe I have a right, since you were talking about me, now please tell me... :)

Date: April 25, 2006 11:48PM
Posted by: Astro
Sounds to me like a case of attention grabbing with this thread - "w00t!!!11 look i'm gonna be working on making a new champ car sim"

Any first year business student knows when you're starting a project on launching a new product, price point is not the first criteria you go about trying to set. there's bout a 100 more critical steps which come before that.

And even when the question does come up, shouldnt it be left for the business manager to handle, which the team does seem to have, rather than a painter? ;)

Date: April 25, 2006 11:50PM
Astro Wrote:
> And even when the question does come up, shouldnt
> it be left for the business manager to handle,
> which the team does seem to have, rather than a
> painter?

Just to point out, it was merely posted on home territory by the painter.... ;-)
Date: April 25, 2006 11:52PM
Posted by: madotter
id watch it Astro, everyone else who has raised a point and not claim Dave Ellis to be great has come under fire, if i were you id edit that and replace it with something like "OMGZZ DAVE YOU IS WELL GOOD, UR STUFF IS LIKE 10 MILLION % QUALITY, ILL PAY 700 US DOLLARZ FOR UR WORK COS U IS GR8!!"

or maybe something like that :)
Date: April 25, 2006 11:53PM
Posted by: six degrees
gav Wrote:
> Just to point out, it was merely posted on home
> territory by the painter....
>

Yup. Request was posted on the private forum by teh big boss, so he can get a feel of what people would be willing to pay. Lots of interesting replies from all over the interwebnet so far - people seem to be quite genorous :P
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy