Winning Eleven 8 (PES4) - Pictures and videos

Posted by Guimengo 
Winning Eleven 8 (PES4) - Pictures and videos
Date: March 14, 2005 06:41AM
Posted by: Guimengo
So today I bought this amazing game for my lappie, and I must say how surprised I am to see it runs pretty well on my poor 32 mb 3D card!!

The gameplay is great, the feel for the game is superb... and it is such a pleasure when you score pretty goals!

This one was the last play of my England x Brazil game, which Brazil won, of course ;-) ;).

Waiting for your opinions! :D

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2005 08:33AM by Guimengo.
Re: Winning Eleven 8 (Pro Evolution Soccer 4)
Date: March 14, 2005 07:34AM
Posted by: Bernie The Bolt
Who ate all the pies?
Date: March 14, 2005 10:08AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Oh man. Me and this game, we get on well.

Its the best footie game, and possibly the best game full stop ever made for the PS2 or xbox. There are no words for its wonderfulness.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: March 14, 2005 10:14AM
Posted by: TC
I play the PC version alot, but when you have been playing the series since it was first released the game starts getting abit easy, even on 6 stars :(

heres a goal I scored (against leeds wolf patch) [www.freewebs.com] :P only on hosted on freewebs but the file is small.
Date: March 14, 2005 07:58PM
Hehe, that one was Adriano concluding a beautiful play :). Savio sent left for Roberto Carlos, who ran and crossed, and Adriano dove and put it in the net :). I will upload all my 3 replays so far... are they the ones in the save folder? Just want to be sure :)
Date: March 14, 2005 08:00PM
by the way, nice goal there :P. Their goalie is poor though, hahaha :)
Date: March 14, 2005 09:49PM
Yes that goalie is crap. I did score a great volley from outside the penalty area with defoe but all my old replays got deleted.

I don't know where the replays are, I took mine with fraps in game.
Date: March 14, 2005 09:58PM
Posted by: kizz360
gui update the kits, stadiums and balls etc. makes the game look even better ;) theres quite a few patches over at evo web :)

Date: March 15, 2005 01:09AM
Kizz, can I have a link please? I am afraid of getting something that won't work, mine is the new one, Winning Eleven 8 International, and I don't know if Konami tweaked things...

and I imagine there is no way to take pics during a match, without running outside proggys? :$

Anyways, I am off to getting even more addicted ;)
Date: March 15, 2005 08:23AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
played the demo, but i have to say fifa 2004 absolutely pwns this game in all aspects
Date: March 15, 2005 08:33AM
o_O

Chris, I am worried for you :|
Date: March 15, 2005 09:22AM
name one aspect in which it is better

i found the gameplay on this so ridiculously arcadey and you dont really feel part of it...its smooth but smooth in the wrong way.

graphics....no competition, even after a year, fifa looks miles better on my pc.

options - i cant really comment cause i dont know the full game

look of the game - eurgh, PES4 is just consoley wubbish

im worried about you!!
Date: March 15, 2005 10:16AM
Guimengo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Kizz, can I have a link please? I am afraid of
> getting something that won't work, mine is the new
> one, Winning Eleven 8 International
>

I am going to assume we8i is pro evolution 4 outside of the uk, and sign up here [www.pesfan.com] search for something like wolf patch, that updates all the kits, don't install the new menus they suck.

Date: March 15, 2005 10:33AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Well, if you were talking about ISS (the arcade version of ProEvio) I could understand....but fifa is much worse than 4.

The gameplay flows on PES like a real footie game, fifa is too disjointed. Plus the game does what you want it to, you play a through ball, and you can get Owen running early....ahh its just perfectly made.

I guess its the old GPx vs F1xxxx, you always have a favourite, but for me PES is the better game.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: March 15, 2005 05:56PM
Posted by: genesis
No qwerty-Chris, it's not the same as GPx vs. EA, cos quite clearly anyone that thinks FIFA is better is just WRONG!

I have UEFA CL 2005 on Xbox, and it is a massive improvement from what FIFA used to be. But it still doesn't touch PES! Chris B, shush yourself, you're not a footie fan so you really can't comment on what feels like it's the more realistic game! :P PES 4 on the xbox / PS2 is quite clearly not 'consoley rubbish'.

It's like, if someone wasn't an F1 fan, they'd like an arcade F1 game because they don't want to get in depth which a simulation would do. Non footie fans prefer a quick blast of FIFA cos they can score trillians of goals and have a bit of fun. PES is a much more in-depth, and long-term game than FIFA.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2005 05:59PM by genesis.
Date: March 15, 2005 05:57PM
no i know that fifa isnt the best, infact its very interesting, the through balls are pains in the ass and whatever you do its impossible to outpace/get round defenders without an extraordinary stroke of luck (although it does create a cool passing game aspect, but that gets a tad irritating)

maybe i havent played it at its best, i tried last night around midnight during writing of an essay :P ill check it out again tonight (ive got the demo ya see)
Date: March 15, 2005 05:59PM
oi cai, dont make me pull out the gay bar pictures ;-)

besides i bet ur just another chelsea supporter, think real....think ipswich town!

you wouldnt know a football unless it hit you in the face! ;)

[edit] oh and im talking pc version not ps2 malarky

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2005 06:00PM by ChrisB.
Date: March 15, 2005 06:08PM
Posted by: matthewp
cos quite clearly anyone that thinks FIFA is better is just WRONG!

lol so true :P

Date: March 15, 2005 06:37PM
meah well im presuming ur judging it on consols rather than pcs then?

cause ive been playing PES4 and yeah its quite good but players run too fast, its too fiddely and in the replays it looks no more realistic than fifa04

oh and f04 gfx are far better and smoother on my pc :|
Date: March 15, 2005 07:02PM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
Fifa graphics will always be better because they dispose more money on working on that side of the game seeing as the Fifa series is EA's major money maker when it comes to selling games.
But apart from graphics and licensing...PES4 kicks ass!!!! ;) you just cant beat the gammeplay and the higher enjoyment you get from the game than Fifa, even the intros and replays rock in PES4 than Fifa if i had to make one criticism of PES4 it would be that the Free Kick system is utter dogs bollocks and needs a majr revamping...i cant bend a ball like Beckham on PES4 from a dead ball situation while in Fifa its awesome..oh and the goalies suck in PES4 as well but meh....

ChrisB you are not mistaken as it your opinion but still on the whole PES4 is te much better game and this is coming from a PC gamer who practically detests console gaming
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy