Winning Eleven 8 (PES4) - Pictures and videos

Posted by Guimengo 
Re: Winning Eleven 8 (Pro Evolution Soccer 4)
Date: March 15, 2005 07:17PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
meah i take your words from it, seriously i dont really consider meself that knowledgeable on footy games, its just i was somehwat dissappointed

maybe when i get it to run properly it will impresss meh
Date: March 15, 2005 07:25PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Woah, just downloaded PES4 demo for PC, god it sucks! Its so different from the PS2 version, no wonder oyu prefer Fifa chris. If oyu get a chance to play the xbox / ps2 version, its well worth it :)

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: March 15, 2005 08:44PM
Posted by: matthewp
Football games are one of the few types of games that are much better on consoles :) Cant beat playing multiplayer pro evo with a few mates.

Date: March 15, 2005 10:49PM
Posted by: kizz360
yeah i second that matt plauyed a 3vs 3 game when it first came out and they were a laugh :)

ive played fifa games from 97 on the mega drive to 2004(ps2) until my best mate 'converted' me and ive never looked back. fifa didnt seem to flow as nicley and pes and in fifa 2004 the player animations were shockingly bad, i duno if this has changed in the 05 game. I suppose its like comparing gp4 to f1c in a way...

Date: March 15, 2005 11:56PM
Posted by: TC
-qwerty- Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Woah, just downloaded PES4 demo for PC, god it
> sucks! Its so different from the PS2 version
>

Really? I play my mate on his PS2 version all the time, and he plays me on the pc version. We never notice a difference except the pc version looks better with the kit patches people release.

Date: March 16, 2005 12:09AM
To be fair, I dont have a joypad for PC though ;)

Footy games on PC with keyboard was never gonna work :p

-----------------

My love’s subliminal
Date: March 16, 2005 02:08AM
Posted by: GLD
I have the demo for PES4 on PC and i must say, that with the graphics tanked up it looks awesokme and runs like a dream....FIFA on the other hand looks like a dogs dinner in order for it to run smoother.....

I have a PS2 pad for my PC so all the buttons work great for the game and i have to say it beats FIFA hands down!!!

I think the only thing thats better, in my opinion, is the on-touch, oh and the free kicks of course....apart from that, its PES4 all the way....

I got the retail version on order from play.com too, so ican get the patch updates :)
Date: March 16, 2005 06:53AM
Posted by: Guimengo
I've followed FIFA series since the first one for the Genesis in 93, and I spent days without sleep playing it :P.

I liked these FIFA games: 94, 95 (because it was so different from 94, with clubs and much more, but just average really), 96 (loooved it!) was great but not in the 32 bit consoles, 97 was ok on Genesis (horrible anywhere else), 98 was the best one by far! (for PC :)), 99 was an improvement on 98, but lost some of its feeling.
2000 was fun for a while, but if it wasn't for classic teams it would have sucked terribly (but new, revamped look sure did a good job on it!), 2001 was sort of a mix of some 2000 aspects, with FIFA 99, and I personally found it too shallow. 2002 was a bit of nice change from 2001, but average again. From 2003 on, they just try to copy WE but without success, as the only nice part of EA's game are the graphics and the full license!

WE started as a great game, and just kept improving :). I got WE 8 on the PC, as you all know, and it sure doesn't help playing on keyboard, but the overall feeling for the game is very nice, I love it! Besides a couple of minor issues, it is a superb game, and for the PS2 must be even better :)!
Date: March 16, 2005 10:41AM
Posted by: matthewp
xbox version is the best :) theres sometimes some slowdown on the ps2 and the graphics arent as sharp.

Date: March 16, 2005 01:40PM
Posted by: sasjag
matthewp Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Football games are one of the few types of games
> that are much better on consoles Cant beat
> playing multiplayer pro evo with a few mates.
>
>
>

i agree, i always enjoy playing football and other sports games, NFL, NHL, etc more on consoles than on teh pc

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: March 16, 2005 02:49PM
Anyone played Rugby 2005 by EA? I'm quite obsesed with 6 nations, fancy some rugby gaming, but fear it'll be total wank.

-----------------

My love’s subliminal
Date: March 16, 2005 07:58PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
funny you should say that qwerty, i was playing rugby 2001 earlier today

got complaints in reviews for being fiddly, but its one of those games thats great fun once you get into it!¬
Date: March 16, 2005 09:01PM
Posted by: TC
Rugby 2004 was terrible though.
Date: March 16, 2005 09:49PM
I've seen the box for it on the stores here, with some massive guy with dreads on his hair :P.
Mean already ;)
Date: March 17, 2005 11:35AM
Posted by: Bernie The Bolt
2001 was alright, putting aside you couldn't play the Super 12s. 2004 was a total wank job. It's @#$%&. Haven't played 2005 yet. But aparently it's modeled after the FIFA series....so who knows.
Date: March 17, 2005 02:16PM
Posted by: GLD
Rugby 2005 looks great....if you want some decent arcade rugby try World Championship Rugby by Swordfish, same peeps that made Lomu back in 96/97.....

Rugby 2004 sucked, but a lot of 2005 has been modelled from other EA Sports games, like Madden and FIFA....so hopefully that, as well as the EA licence will make it a great game to play.....

Wales for the 'SLAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Date: March 17, 2005 09:50PM
Wow, I've noticed how Adriano has scored the winning goals for me... and how he scored the brilliant 3 goals for Inter, a couple of days ago!

Coincidence? I think so ;)
Date: March 18, 2005 04:48PM
Posted by: ralv585
for all you guys playing pro evo 4 with your keyboard, i'd like to ask why?
i have it on the pc and play with a PS2 pad, all you need is a USB convertor, stick your ps2 pad in the convertor, plug it i your usb port and play on a higher resolution, plus if you get the internet patch you play peoplefromallover the world in multiplayer.
i got it in game, £4.99, but for gui, in the US, you might have to order it off the net: [www.play.com]
or the american equivalent.
Date: March 18, 2005 05:37PM
I was using kb, now I use a ps2 controller.

How do you get to play the second half in the demo?

-----------------

My love’s subliminal
Date: March 18, 2005 06:21PM
You don't :P

Thanks ralv, but I have the game :). I got the USB thingy too, but the R3 and L3 don't work on it, I don't know why. But I might give it a go again, I am actually talking from my WE 7 experience :P

And I just played WE8 for PS2 today at an electronics store... it's just as good as the PC! The difference is that in the PC you can get better graphics, perhaps better sound, and faster loading, so it's all good all around for every system :)

and I downloaded some stuff for the game, will install and have a look later!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy