What would you pay for a champ car sim?

Posted by DaveEllis 
Re: What would you pay for a champ car sim?
Date: April 20, 2006 01:40PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Thats the nice way of saying You'd Warez it first? ;)

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: April 20, 2006 01:50PM
Posted by: GLD
LOL...surely he meant a demo? :p

Please click my sig!
Date: April 20, 2006 03:07PM
Posted by: matt3454
ill just play the demo

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2006 03:21PM by matt3454.
Date: April 20, 2006 03:36PM
Posted by: gin
I would just play the demo also \o/

Date: April 20, 2006 04:16PM
Having seen the video posted over at V12, It doesn't look too bad. Seems to run really smoothly, lighting seems ok, not sure about the wheels though.

Is the video meant to fade in and out or is it just my crappy work computer? Can't seem to get a long enough look at the cars to determine how detailed they are.

Looks good from what i've seen though, however like i said i would rather a version that had the combined series from next year, unless i missed this in the video :p

Please click my sig!
Date: April 20, 2006 05:25PM
Your not meant to see much in the video :) Just a teaser.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: April 20, 2006 05:48PM
HEHE

OK, i consider myself teased then :p

Please click my sig!
Date: April 20, 2006 07:02PM
Posted by: anze89
I would download the demo, if the game would be good I would buy it for about 40$ - 45$ in a store with manual and everything (not like rfactor or lfs)

Date: April 20, 2006 07:47PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
it would be nice if the developers of such racing sims would make a decent cockpit view from the drivers perspective & had a realistic steering wheel for once...some great looking cars have been ruined by crappy looking steering wheels.....also make some editing tools availble from the start cars/tracks etc....
why do some racing sims make cockpit view with no arms????try to make the person playing the game feel like they are actually sat in the cockpit driving the car..........if you have any influence here dave suggest some of these things.......then it may be worth spending the extra few quid on these games...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2006 07:48PM by jimbob1.
Date: April 20, 2006 07:54PM
why do some racing sims make cockpit view with no arms????

Because you can already see your own arms and wheel infront of you

it would be nice if the developers of such racing sims would make a decent cockpit view from the drivers perspective & had a realistic steering wheel for once

Whats wrong with major sims wheels? Other than rFactor, where the stock models sucked.

also make some editing tools availble from the start cars/tracks etc....

I cant be arsed explaining the legal stuff with that.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: April 20, 2006 09:31PM
Posted by: keiran

why do some racing sims make cockpit view with no arms????

Because you can already see your own arms and wheel infront of you

I actually find a steering wheel in the cockpit view very helpful. Allows you to see where the steering wheel in game is with relation to your wheel on the desk.

Keiran

vMax.Keiran
Velocity Maximum Simulation Racing
www.vMaxSR.com
www.liveforspeed.net LFS Status:
Date: April 20, 2006 10:01PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
don't forget you make these sims for many types of players..so giving the arms & descent cockpit for keyboarders would be nice,not everyone likes steering wheels......there has yet to be a whole rounded racing sim made as it seems that the buying public must settle for what the games developers make & class as sims......take a note from the modders of gp4...

your game should start from the high quality point where the talented members of the gp4 buying public have brought it too.....
look at the post after post of car/track editing on the forums....give people what they want .........a real looking/acting racing sim....that offers support to the communities that form due to it's release....

after all...we buy or don't buy these games........

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2006 10:07PM by jimbob1.
Date: April 20, 2006 10:12PM
Slow down. SE Games have the ChampCar contract.

There is far more important things in a simulation than arms on the wheel tbh. NR2003 doesnt have them, and it was the ultimate simulation for its time. nK Pro doesnt have them and thats being haild as the best sim to date.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2006 10:21PM by DaveEllis.
Date: April 20, 2006 10:30PM
Posted by: Sil3nt-War
I find the lack of arms on wheels extremely annoying when im watching a video. I thought i would find it annoying when playing nkPro but i didnt notice. I think saying "Because you can already see your own arms and wheel infront of you" is a bit silly because:
#1) i cant see my wheel or hands i look well over them and im sure most others do.
#2) why not remove the wheel as well then if you can already see it?
Date: April 20, 2006 10:32PM
#1) i cant see my wheel or hands i look well over them and im sure most others do.

Real drivers look over them too, so you wouldnt really see them in real life ;-)

#2) why not remove the wheel as well then if you can already see it?

I duno about your wheel, but my Momo doesnt have an LCD and LED setup showing lap times and rev counter information, like the wheel in the game does.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: April 20, 2006 10:53PM
Posted by: Sil3nt-War
i think in nkPro you take the wheel away but the aim display still stays static.

Someone really needs to make a wheel with LEDs and LCD though.
Date: April 20, 2006 10:54PM
I'd love a wheel witht hat stuff. I think the BRD Speed 7 wheel is going to have it.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: April 20, 2006 11:10PM
Posted by: Glyn
Yep, but I believe it'll only be on the pro version from what I read. I assume the £800 wheel they have on their site at the moment isn't the pro version going off the picture, so god knows how much the pro version will be!

Date: April 20, 2006 11:44PM
Posted by: gav
Too much, even for me :D

I can never see the point in arms in a game. They're never well done, and just get in the way. Like Dave says, I've got my own arms, and that's more than enough. As for a wheel, I can't really get used to driving without one. It doesn't add anything, like the arms, but from a technical point of view, it actually has uses - lining up your wheel to that one for instance, which it very important if you set your wheel up as sensitive as I like mine.

GTP has my perfect cockpit. All extremely high detail, and with plenty of function. NR2003 stock is great too, but I never use that.

nK has a nice novelty one, which isn't all candy, but nothing a few buttons can't sort out - it doesn't detract from the game, yet is something funky. :)

Standard rF and LFS cockpits are appalling... as is GPx's same-for-all.
Date: April 21, 2006 12:00AM
Posted by: Guimengo
If it has good arms at least in T-cam, then ok. But if they can be done well in T-cam, can't see the problem in cockpit view
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy