What would you pay for a champ car sim?

Posted by DaveEllis 
What would you pay for a champ car sim?
Date: April 19, 2006 07:22PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
If a good champ car sim was made, what would you pay for it? Serious answers please :)

$0-$10
$10-$20
$20-$30
$30-$40
$40-$50
$50-$60
More than $60

:)

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Re: What would you pay for a champ car sim?
Date: April 19, 2006 07:32PM
Posted by: broders
I'm not a fan of spending money, so about £20... so thats about $30-$40 isn't it?

-=-=-=-=-=-
VT Driver
Broders
Date: April 19, 2006 07:36PM
Posted by: MarcLister
Would this Champ Car sim be an entirely new game or an rFactor mod? I presume an entirely new game having learnt about your job and work/pleasure trips to the US recently.

I personally think the price I would pay for a game would depend on how it was distributed. If it was like rFactor, LFS and netKar Pro then maybe about $40, but if it was on CD/DVDs then about $45-50.

If however the game was quite exhaustive in its replication of the Champ Car series in having multiple seasons, editors and modding tools provided etc then I would be prepared to pay around $55-65 however the game was distributed.

I love playing GP4 and now rFactor, LFS and soon netKar Pro. I haven't gotten into Champ Cars but having looked up the site for the series I think I would like it and would really enjoy having a game to introduce me to another form of open-seater racing formula and perhaps leading me to try to watch some Champ Car races.
Date: April 19, 2006 08:11PM
Posted by: gav
Can it be modded? Obviously it can, but would it be allowed legally?

As with NR2003, if it's a must have, I'd pay anything for it. If it's rF, LFS or nK Pro like (ie leaving you a bit numb compared to expectations), then roughly what rF cost, around £25.
Date: April 19, 2006 09:15PM
Posted by: GLD
Hmm coming from you Dave, i'd be willing to pay around the £25 mark i guess, just because you know it will be the best quality possible...

But then with the CART and IRL merging again, i'd hope to see a game of that...as opposed to just CART as it is at the mo...

Got me very curious though!

Please click my sig!
Date: April 19, 2006 09:17PM
Posted by: Glyn
I would personally pay for most sims if they are realistic, and a proper "sim". I knew (and to a large degree still do) very little about 1960s F1 cars yet I play GPL to an unhealthy level, and the same for GTP cars, which until the mod I knew very little indeed.

If its a proper sim that has the all important feel (like GPL and NASCAR) then anything up to $50 I'd probably pay for without having to think too much about is it worth the money.

Date: April 19, 2006 09:56PM
GLD, thanks for that vote of confidence :)

Can it be modded? Obviously it can, but would it be allowed legally?

Theres lots of ways to answer that, none of which is probably the answer people wana here. Unfortunatly, with games actually being used as driver training tools, and as a big marketing tools, it really is up tp the series and the type of license that the company has with them nowdays :(

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2006 10:02PM by DaveEllis.
Date: April 19, 2006 10:20PM
Posted by: gav
OK. I'll put it another way. If someone such as Redline (just picked a random mod team) were to develop a mod for the season after which the initial game is made, what would happen? Would you get all iRacing on them, would you just turn a blind eye, or would you turn a blind eye and leave it up to CC to deal out any punishment if they see fit?
Date: April 19, 2006 10:29PM
I honestly have no idea. Honestly, none. I know im going to voice an opinion of that to the relevant people though.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: April 19, 2006 10:54PM
Posted by: Guimengo
I'd pay $30 dollars, maybe even $39 if it's a full content PC game with the quality we came to expect from you ;-)
Date: April 19, 2006 11:02PM
Posted by: Sil3nt-War
$30 if it had its own engine built from scratch.
$25 if it was based on nkPros engine
and i wouldnt touch any games built on isi.
Date: April 19, 2006 11:02PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
$40-50 online distro, $50-60 if it were to be bought instore

(Thats about £20-30 isnt it? About right.)
Date: April 19, 2006 11:05PM
$60 = £33 at the moment

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: April 19, 2006 11:23PM
Posted by: GLD
No worries Dave.

Quality is what counts, and you guys have it in abunance. So i'm looking forward to what might be on the agenda ;)

Please click my sig!
Date: April 19, 2006 11:45PM
Posted by: kizz360
i guess about the same price as rf if it was an online download. if it goes ahead then it will be sweet as it will be high quality :)

Date: April 20, 2006 09:54AM
Posted by: Guimengo
... and it should be allowed to get a F1 mod :p
Date: April 20, 2006 11:01AM
Posted by: NeilPearson

$100 AUD/42GBP if it is a completly new game, and not based on the rFactor engine.

otherwise $30aud/13GBP for it

Date: April 20, 2006 12:32PM
Posted by: matthewp
I would pay upto about £40-50 (pay that much for xbox games anyway) if it was a really great sim up there with Papy's stuff.

Date: April 20, 2006 12:55PM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
ditto, same as matt here :)

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: April 20, 2006 01:13PM
Posted by: matt3454
ild have to play it first, if it was great ild pay upto £40, if i didnt think it was any good i would pay around £25 max

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy