Random photoness... (56k Warning & OWN PHOTOS ONLY)

Posted by gav 
Re: Random photoness... (56k Warning)
Date: June 10, 2007 05:08PM
Posted by: Zcott
Digging the second one.

Date: June 10, 2007 06:10PM
Posted by: villej
Ok, thanks for the reply Scott.

By the way, here's another shot that is taken on the same time as the previous two ones:

You can see the high resolution version through this link: [www.deviantart.com] (I don't have enough space left on my web account atm to upload it there)

My photo gallery: [viltzu86.deviantart.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2007 06:11PM by villej.
Date: June 10, 2007 10:17PM
Posted by: pankykapus
just wow I like the 3rd one :P
Date: June 11, 2007 10:43AM
Posted by: NickKK
I had forgotten about this post! Here's a quickie from my trip to Kirkini a few months back

You can see some more at [www.karaknic.adsl24.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2007 10:44AM by NickKK.
Date: June 11, 2007 12:06PM
Posted by: gav
Those last 2 pics are just breath-taking guys. Stunning stuff. :o
Date: June 11, 2007 02:31PM
Wow, that looks great.

Date: July 17, 2007 11:11PM
We took a few kids to the Farne Islands off of the Northumberland coast (UK, North Sea) today. I tagged along with my trusty cam. As ever, clicky for the full res (sometimes cropped) biggy.

Arctic Turn, greeting us to the islands. Or sleeping.

Wabbit!

"So you know... did you... erm... see The Bill last night then?"

Ugly, Uglier and... Not So Ugly.

Not So Ugly's back again.

Glyn will likely be able to tell you where this is.

"That git's stolen my Sand Eel!"

Random Arctic Turn.

OK. Fun game time. What happened next...?

And why can one not eat one's own young?

Say what you will, but he still out-does Rich Dickson in the looks department.

And this one has tidier hair too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2007 11:11PM by gav.
Date: July 18, 2007 04:00PM
ROFL for the comments! :D
Awesome photos Gav, I like most the third one!

Date: July 28, 2007 02:07PM
Shilbottle at night.

Last night I randomly decided to scare the few members of the village who would still be up by walking around dressed like a SAS guy with torches and kit everywhere. OK, not quite, but it felt like it. I'm talking 2:30-4:30am (check the EXIF for the exact time on each), and as impulse had it, I pulled my camera out and had a wander around seeing what it was like in the dark. Took my flash with me, and these are the results. Not many keepers among them unfortunately. Click for the full-res image, some of which have been cropped.

//edit: I'm aware some of the pics may appear too dark on many monitors - if that's the case, get a better one. :P

Naturally, the first place to go was the graveyard. Where else on a pitch black night at 2am? This is the rear of the church, and has some steps leading down into what I assume is a storage area. As kids we were told that once someone was cleaning the clock (next image), fell over this roof here, and onto the stairs below, their body still being in this storage room. That 'blood' has always been there as long as I can remember None of us buy into this tale, but it does look like blood at first glance - on closer inspection I guess it's the water from the drain above reacting with the limestone(?) or something.

The tower of the church, aforementioned clock included. Bit of noise starts to kick in where the flash (a naked Nikon SB-600) can't compensate.

We've an old lime kiln around a mile from the village, and while we often went there in a mid-teens camping and such, I've not seen the place for a good decade now. Here's a random shot looking out onto the water where the quarry was. Shame about the branch in the top left coming into the pic, but I wanted the street lights in the shot too. It looks like that might be a duck on the water, though I never heard or saw anything. I've lightened this up a bit, so it's rather noisy.

Not a good shot of anything in particular, I just focused on a reflection from one of those street lights, and liked the effect. The central one makes it look like the water is on fire.

A wander down to the Welfare park next they've recently had skate park installed, and here's one of the ramp things. Not for bikes, trust me...

Home of David Ellis. Perhaps.

Sofa of David Ellis. Perhaps.
Well he did say he wanted a half-pipe in his living room... it's a start...

3:58am, and dawn started a good 45 minutes back. Here's a shot looking over towards the nearby RAF radar station. Wish I'd brought a tripod for some of these shots so I could drop the exposure a bit. There's hundreds of decent shots spoiled by lights trailing slightly

A shot looking over towards the sea. Still a bit soft and noisy at the same time - not a good combination!

Silhouette shot looking from the tennis/basketball/football courts, again out towards the impending sunrise.

Not at all come out well, but I like the idea behind it. Flash lighting up the foreground of court, but lots of glowing edges, particularly on the fence and basketball board. And no, I don't know why someone's left a football either.

Having gone looking for a way to get into my old first school (which is like Guantanamo Bay now) I headed back towards the playground on my way home. Here's another silhouette shot, this time featuring some swings. Again, a bit too soft around the edges.

Yes, they're not particularly good photos, but it's the first time I've taken the camera out at night, so it was a learning experience. I'll get the hang of f/stops and exposure times eventually. Just bumped into the one guy walking his dogs around 3:45am... don't know which of us was the more surprised. I should have stayed around for the sun-rise itself, but I was bored of taking photos, and I'd still be have been waiting for another hour or so.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2007 02:33PM by gav.
Date: August 03, 2007 06:40PM
Took a trip to Kielder Resevior, up on the England Scotland border with the family today. Weather was pretty murky, so didn't take many shots at all, and the number of keepers can be counted on a single hand. Only this one worth posting in my opinion, a Foxglove, fresh from the incessant drizzle we had. Best I'll get without a macro lens (this was taken with a 55-200mm Nikon).

Click for the full-res 2592x3872 version.
Date: September 02, 2007 03:36PM
Posted by: danny87

-----------------------------------------------

"When you begin in this sport you are given a chequebook. Every time you have a big one you must write a check to the angels. The trick is to finish your career before you empty the chequebook".
Date: September 02, 2007 04:12PM
Posted by: Nickv
NickKK schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I had forgotten about this post! Here's a quickie
> from my trip to Kirkini a few months back
> [www.karaknic.adsl24.co.uk]
> ontent/bin/images/large/DSC_7862.jpg
>
> You can see some more at
> [www.karaknic.adsl24.co.uk]

:o

Any chance I can get that in a higher res? Would be a great desktop!

Awesome pics here!
Date: September 02, 2007 11:09PM
Posted by: Sapo
Made this one in Ommen (NL) and Jönköping (Sweden) res.

Some say... he's even smaller than 20kb.
And some say... he's so offensive he could get you into trouble...
The only thing we know is that he's called...

THE SIG

Felipe Massa, World Champion 15:34:11pm- 15:34:21pm.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2007 11:13PM by Sapo.
Date: September 03, 2007 04:26PM
Posted by: NeilPearson
Danny87 that is amazing :D

Date: September 03, 2007 09:15PM
I have a couple of photos over at [flickr.com] , check 'em out!

Date: September 03, 2007 10:04PM
Posted by: danny87
NeilPearson Wrote:
> Danny87 that is amazing :D

Thank you, looks like a nuclear bomb went off

-----------------------------------------------

"When you begin in this sport you are given a chequebook. Every time you have a big one you must write a check to the angels. The trick is to finish your career before you empty the chequebook".
Date: September 03, 2007 10:51PM
Zcott Wrote:
> I have a couple of photos over at
> [flickr.com] , check 'em out!

Some cracking photos in there Scott. I had no idea you were into photography. Looks like you've been at it a while.
Date: September 05, 2007 02:18PM
I bought Nick's rather awesome D50 a few weeks ago, which was a good decision! Most of the photos after page 3 or so aren't mine but I liked them anyway. :P

Date: September 06, 2007 03:07PM
_Tux_;23214
dunno, heres another angle of him

Snap with the first one!

As ever, clickees for the biggees. I haven't bothered to crop or correct any, so take them as they are. Straight from the camera.

Random BTCC shot. Somehow no contact. Probably the warm-up lap.

Weeee! I knew there'd be a few 3-wheelers on the card.

Well, that no-contact pact didn't last long.

Tyre-wall-death-by-Chilton.

As we all know from last year, with the cone huggers, they do have brave marshals in Scotland. Here's a shot after they'd retrieved what Tom left of that tyre wall.

And, 1 short lap later, here's what the tyre wall left of Tom's car.

Green car! Green car! No I'm not speaking the obvious, it's written on the car. Not sure why. Perhaps the assembly team are colour blind.

When you're in a title battle tighter than Scotsman's wallet, you don't really want to be in this sort of a position.

Or this one.

Nor this. Still, it's the BTCC. They make them like tanks, expecting to be Plato'd. Giovanardi gathered it all up and lost a couple of positions IIRC.

Some from the aerobatics display (Scotland could only afford 1 plane) during the lunch break.

This could have been such an awesome photo if I'd panned down a touch. :(

And no, I couldn't be arsed to take many photos on the day. Only visited one more place on track to take photos, the start and finish straight just before the braking point for turn 1, and lets just say my panning shots need work. :)
Date: September 08, 2007 09:22PM
Posted by: Glyn
I've stuck a couple of stills from me and Jon on Facebook here -> [www.facebook.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy