Random photoness... (56k Warning & OWN PHOTOS ONLY)

Posted by gav 
Re: Random photoness... (56k Warning)
Date: March 15, 2007 05:19PM
Posted by: gav
Ah right. Last night's intoxication getting the better of my memory once more - my apologies. :)

I was actually looking at the bundle beneath it which includes this bag [www.jessops.com], though you only get a 1GB Sandisk E3.
Date: March 15, 2007 05:34PM
Posted by: MarcLister
gav Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ah right. Last night's intoxication getting the
> better of my memory once more - my apologies. :)
>
> I was actually looking at the bundle beneath it
> which includes this bag
> [www.jessops.com]
> wepro/Slingshot-100AW/details.aspx, though you
> only get a 1GB Sandisk E3

Ah that one. Well guess how much cheaper Warehouse Express sell the Lowepro Slingshot 100AW compared to Jessops? £10, its £49.99 on Warehouse Express and £59.99 on Jessops. So the 400D + 18-55mm + Sandisk 2Gb E3 + Lowepro Slingshot 100AW + delivery on Warehouse Express is a total of £556.93 compared to £582.96 on Jessops so although you don't get a lens cloth you do save £26.03. :-)
Date: March 15, 2007 07:07PM
Yeah, that sounds like the best all-round route. Currys do the 100AW for £35, so it's probably best to shop around, getting the cheapest you can from reputable retailers, just keeping an eye on delivery.
Date: March 16, 2007 06:18PM
Posted by: kizz
about pixmania, i got my 350d from there and all was fine. The camera came with french,spannish and german instructions but you can download a pdf with the english instructions, also the charger came with the european plug but it comes with an adapter to fit uk plugs

when i bought my camera i was saving quite alot compared to jessops and i was getting a better deal so i didnt mind not having a manual as im never to far from my pc or the internet
Date: March 31, 2007 03:04PM
Just to inform those of us looking lovingly at a 400D that Canon are offering some new rebates between April 1st and June 30th. Canon are offering £50 off a 400D which is quite a good deal I think.

Warehouse Express are now selling the 400D for £479.99 which becomes £429.99 after Canon process your rebate. [www.warehouseexpress.com]

I just need some bloody cash now. Still looking lovingly at a 30D but that is still quite expensive for me and the rebate on that is £65 this time round compared to £100 earlier in the year. Plus I'm not sure I'd need the 30D for my hands being that big really. Also my Uncle who is into photography a bit more than I am reckons it wouldn't be a good idea to splash out on a 30D when I'm only just getting into photography.

Think I'll have to wait until the early summer when I'm back home from Uni, got my last student loan installment and working in the pub over the summer to be able to afford this.

[canonlensacc2007.onlinerebates.com]
Date: April 10, 2007 08:57AM
Posted by: villej
Took this one yesterday. We had a small snow storm here, and at the time I took the picture the storm was over and the coulds were going away.

(Click the picture for full size version)

My photo gallery: [viltzu86.deviantart.com]
Date: April 10, 2007 04:51PM
Posted by: Nickv
Wow, awesome picture! :D
Date: April 10, 2007 08:23PM
Thanks. :)

I actually almost broke the camera when I was taking that picture. When I was moving to a good spot to take the photo, there was a hole in the wooden platform and I decided to jump over it with my camera wich was attached to a tripod.
When I "landed" to the other side of the hole I realized that there wasn't grip at all, and in that fraction of a second I decided to lift the tripod+camera package as high as I could with my other hand, and covered my head a little with the other. Then at next moment I was on the ground on my back. I bet it would have been a nice sight seeing me falling to my back with the tripod and camera. :P
Thankfully the camera survived, and I got only a little wound on my leg.

Date: April 11, 2007 04:19AM
Posted by: gareth
you're really just a tortured soul suffering for your art :)

stunning photo
Date: April 16, 2007 10:56AM
Posted by: SexySam182

Not a good photo or anything just 3 people im ashamed to call my best mates lol

Date: April 16, 2007 10:59AM
Posted by: chet
lmao! i like the glasses :p

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: April 16, 2007 11:25AM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
you on the left with trulli and bruno senna?! ;)

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Date: May 08, 2007 01:45AM
Posted by: Paco

Perito Moreno Glacier
El Calafate, Argentina

I'm against sigpics
Date: May 08, 2007 01:47AM
Paco Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> [img520.imageshack.us]
> kh5.th.jpg
>
> Perito Moreno Glacier
> El Calafate, Argentina

Paco, don't let Al Gore see that pic. ;-)
Date: May 10, 2007 10:18PM
I was on a Turku-Stockholm-Turku minicruise few days ago, and I planned to take some shots of some of the worlds most beatiful archipelagos.

The ship was to left the Turku cruise terminal at 21:15 finnish time. Here we are waiting to enter the ship:

Here's the rival cruise ferry line's ship already leaving. The ships go throught that narrow waterway for quite a long time before entering to the archipelago, where the ships actually usually go through even narrower waterways.

And before you say that these ships ara actually quite small so they sould fit well to those waterways, here's a picture of the bow section of the ship I was cruising with, to give you some idea of the size of these ships:

The weather was quite good on that night and I took few photos from the ships sundeck, heres one presenting the sunset:

After I took that photo I decided to go to pool and sauna, and take more pictures next day, as it was supposed to be a warm and clear day. Well, the next day was everything but clear and warm. Instead idt was rainy and foggy, so I decided to take some pics in the inside of the ship.

The main hall:

Some shops:

And a "street" that has some restaurants next to it:

"Hello!":

Eventually the rainclouds gone away in some points of the trip, and I managed to take few pictures on the outside too.

Somewhere between the Åland archipelago and the Turku archipelago:

In the Turku archipelago:

And another two pictures in the Turku archipelago:

Date: May 10, 2007 10:24PM
Cool pics villej. Kit lens for all them? Can't see any EXIF info.
Date: May 12, 2007 04:32PM
Yeh, kit lens for all of them. Haven't yet bought other lenses, I'm planning to buy a wide lens during summer, it would be great for landscape photos. :)

Date: May 23, 2007 04:39PM
First pics with my shiny new Nikon D40x. Using the 55-200mm lens only (in hindsight I wish I'd brought the 18-55mm for some of the latter shots too, but meh). I've corrected the horizons and edges and cropped accordingly on some. Colours aren't anywhere near right, but I've done a couple of very quick corrections on some, and these were mainly done using full automatic modes... I've only had the thing an hour, so I'm still intimidated. :D

Having viewed them on other monitors at work I realise some of the darker ones are hard to see. If you can't make out a couple, then get something decent with a bit of contrast. ;)

Click for the very much full res (3800x2500 ish) pics

The first couple Glyn might recognise, he having stayed for a few days over Easter around half a mile away from the spot they were taken.

Coquet Island

Looking towards Alnmouth

A favourite spot of mine, as some of you may remember - the village of Edlingham near Alnwick moors

Edlingham Castle's ruins, with the old viaduct behind it. If you look up to the cars in the backround, the photo above and many of the subsequent ones were taken from between the white van and the blue Renault

The church just along the path from the castle. You can see more of it in the 3rd pic. Came out too dark, but thought I'd put it up anyway.

The sun was well and truly out now. Some of the castle ruins.

...and some more.

Back up to the top of the hill/cliff/rocky outcrop/roadside.

My now rather dated bike. It's done far more miles than little cruisers are meant to do, the poor ickle thing. These past 2 winters weren't at all kind to it. Still, it's done me well. In hindsight I should have tried to get me reflected in the mirror. Oh well.

Looking over a local farm... An old mate from middle school used to live on this farm. [/random fact]

A couple of rather bright shots looking over the hills... you'll probably detect a trend coming on.

Funky 2nd sun!

Peeking through the bushes at nothing in particular. Not being a total purist, I kinda like the light effect from the sun on this one.

The road I biked along to get the castle... you can't say you lot live in the sticks unless you've got roads like this. :D

Random sun-shine shot number *. I took 377 pics today, of which I'll bet 350 were of scenes like this. :)

I like this one. Was killing for a sun shot that didn't take away the rest of the sky, and little clouds come in handy.

Just about the same shot. Big UFO too.

No edits at all on this - it's just come out rather dramatic.

There was too much noise on this pic, so had to do a bit of photoshopping to dial it down. Should have changed the ISO manually, but it's not come out too bad.

I took the coastal road on the way to work this morning, so you can suffer a little more. No corrections on any other than a couple of horizon levels, and one major crop.

Random road around the corner from Howick Gardens (what is it with *wick up here, eh Glyn?)

A few yards further back, looking through the foot bridge. You can just about make out my L plates spoiling the shot, as well as plenty of purple fringing :(

I happened across a colony of Kittiwakes on the other side of Howick. Here's one having a race with a Jackdaw. Not exactly in focus, but in my defence they are bloody fast.

Looking down on another Kittiwake, gliding out towards the Netherlands.

Sentry?

Racing for Holland?

Random shot of the Northumberland coast.
Date: May 23, 2007 05:01PM
Some nice pics there Gav. Course I couldn't a hear a word you said. Its too NOISY!! Should have gotten a Canon 400D. *cough cough* ;-)

I got myself a 400D from Tesco.com over the Easter. It was on a seriously good special offer. Haven't used it much as I've been busy with revisions and exams. Actually just make that exams. ;-) Planning on going to Lake Windermere on Monday with some mates so I'll give my 400D its proper outing then.

Going to post on OcUK photos forum then Gav? Considering the abuse you'll get for having bought a Nikon I wouldn't blame you if you didn't. ;)
Date: June 10, 2007 04:54PM
Just a quick question, which one of this two shots you think is less crap? :P

I need advice to which one I should choose to upload to my gallery. :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy