GPGames Forum Scale Model Section

Posted by LS. 
Re: GPGames Forum Scale Model Section
Date: September 20, 2007 07:36PM
Posted by: Muks_C
awesome, that's even cheaper than they cost from within the UK. i paid around £7.50 for my Mild Seven ones i bought a while back.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: September 20, 2007 07:45PM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
Date: September 20, 2007 08:08PM
very nice!

but i'd complain about the severed hand attached to the base if i were you. dead people's bodyparts are the last thing you want with your model cars.

how are you going to apply the new decals? will you remove the old logos with nail polish remover, or paint over them?

i'd remove them from the metal parts such as the nose and cockpit sides, but for the plastic parts, the nail polish remover can cut through many layers and will defo cut down to the black plactic of the rear wing, so you might be better painting that decal white as a base to apply the West logo to.

if you apply the new decals over the old logos, you might see the black writing of the old logos through the white parts of the new decals, if they are very thin.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2007 09:13PM by Muks_C.
Date: September 20, 2007 09:04PM
LOL ;)

I'm not sure what i'm going to do about the decals, I've never done them before. I shall investigate when it comes! I'm not keen of taking substances to the car though. If i can't just paste over, i might leave it Kimi.

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Date: September 20, 2007 09:38PM
Posted by: danm
Paul!!

I had the Montoya McLaren similar to that, and removed everythign when i turned it into my TNF1 rFactor Team Car.

I found that with just a splosh of water and a cotton bud the decals came off in one lump. Infact, I actually peeled 75% of them without anything more than a fine screwdriver blad and nipped the edge.

The paint is so thickly done that it doesnt scratch it, just nip the edge and they slide off. Be warned, the nosecone 'Kimi' was attacked to the rest of the logos, as the decals here are one big line.

Stanley knife score a line below, then screwdriver chisel it off delicately.

Or use swiss army tweezers, fineline again.

Of stanley blades.

Worked for me, same McLaren paint too!

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: September 20, 2007 09:59PM
good idea Dan. I did exactly that (craft-knife scoring then lifting the edge to remove the decal whole) for my Trulli R24 1:43 model, didn't even need water, just the knife.

i thought the decals would be more "permanent" on the 1:18 so not easily removable so suggested nail polish remover.

but Paul, definitely try it this way first, if it works it'll be much safer (no risk of eroding any paint) and a much cleaner finish because there won't be the old decal under the new one (if you leave the old ones on).

warm water will work best, but be careful not to get any on the decals that need to stay, or they may start to lift too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2007 10:08PM by Muks_C.
Date: September 20, 2007 10:07PM
Posted by: Nickv
Paul, do you have a bigger pic? The one you posted isn't very clear.
Date: September 20, 2007 10:10PM
yeah a lot of noise in the pic. compressing it to about 60% of it's original size should make it sharper, but then of course the picture has become smaller so we can't see the fine detail.

Date: September 21, 2007 06:06PM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
was going to put a hamilton test on ebay but they're not going for as much now.
i might as well wait until end of season or if he gets ahead of alonso after next race.

Date: September 21, 2007 08:55PM
yeah my last Showcar didn't go for as much as the first 2 i sold did. (still made some profit, but not as much)

the 1st Win models will be the big earners, whoever can get them on ebay the fastest when they're released will be laughing.

Date: September 22, 2007 10:11AM
yup - right on that one.

also i couldnt resist, now have 5 Test models :)

Date: September 22, 2007 02:36PM
lol anyone seen the offer in October's F1 Racing Magazine? £2 and you get a 1:43 Williams FW18, in a special case, plus a booklet about it, and a free torch!

Better still, you don't pay until you get the goods, so if you're not satisfied, you can send them back. £1.99, what a bargain lmao!

Already sent off for mine ;)

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Date: September 22, 2007 02:47PM
cool - gonna get one of them!

how do you pay? cheque?

Date: September 22, 2007 02:48PM
Dunno, can't remember if it said.

I just went on the website, and saw this...

[www.atlaseditions.co.uk]

...so I ordered that one too LOL!

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Date: September 22, 2007 02:53PM
its on ebay too

[cgi.ebay.co.uk]

Date: September 22, 2007 06:22PM
A few (unedited) pics of my growing 1:18 Kimi collection. I've also got his 2003 macca picked out, just waiting for funds to come so I can get it ordered. ;-) (Camera not great, soz)

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Date: September 22, 2007 06:32PM
nice collection Paul. a good comparison between the 3 cars, you can see the front wing evolve and also how the rear wing has moved forward on the car when the new regs came in.

that Williams doesn't look too good though. i saw the offer a couple of months ago but wasn't tempted enough.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2007 06:58PM by Muks_C.
Date: September 22, 2007 06:45PM
Muks_C Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> that Williams doesn't look too good though. i saw
> the offer a couple of months ago but wasn't
> tempted enough.

For £2 though, it's worth it.

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Date: September 22, 2007 07:05PM
oh just to clarify, i was talking about the FW14B when i said it didn't look too good, have only now opened the October issue of F1 Racing and seen the FW18, it looks very nice.

i might reconsider and go for them both :)

anyone know if these models are going to be available every month? anyone know how many there will be in the whole collection?

for a long time now i've wondered why no-one ever produced a part-works series about F1, profiling the great drivers/cars/races/championship battles, with a small model coming with each issue, or parts to then make into a larger model car.

looks like this is sort of like that, although so far exclusively linked to Williams cars.

and lol at the F1 Racing mag cover, making them all look like boxers.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2007 07:38PM by Muks_C.
Date: September 22, 2007 07:36PM
yeh, nice collection paul

i wish i had waited for the minichamps mp4/20 :(

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy