GPGames Forum Scale Model Section

Posted by LS. 
Re: GPGames Forum Scale Model Section
Date: August 19, 2007 11:55AM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
iirc paul put them on his book shelf without base, i put them in my cabinet to without base ;-)

Date: August 19, 2007 12:31PM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
Karan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice models :) but why did you take them off their
> base? or did they not come on one.

I took them off the base to remove some plastic packaging from underneath the cars, and to picture them. ;-) They're on my bookshelf now complete with base and box until I can get a glass cabinet.

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Date: August 21, 2007 07:32PM
Posted by: Monza972
Here's a remote controlled car which I got as a pressie, and the car has a very distant similarity to the ferrari of the 90s and with all the sponsors in the proper place... Second is a motorbike which i bought for €15 of a ferry when coming back from a france trip '05

Date: August 21, 2007 07:43PM
That Ferrari is better than Mattel.. ;)

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Date: August 21, 2007 08:22PM
Posted by: Muks_C
looks like it could be based on the '97 F310B.

at Alicante airport before the flight back home in January, i saw a decent official F2004 (i think) with MS driving remote control car, in 1:20 scale, IIRC. i thought it was quite expensive for what it was though, so didn't buy it.

and have you seen those massive McLaren and Renault RC cars? they're 1:12 and the both 2004 or 2005 NT liveries, with a McLaren/Renault steering wheel as the steering device and with a trigger to make it go.

and MS' F248 Chinese GP with Marlboro, silly price though: [www.teamf1prints.co.uk]

and a display with the 5 Ferrari cars in which he won titles in 1:43: [www.grandprixlegends.com]

nice idea but the models are crap anyway, would have been ace if Minichamps had the licence. the price of £100 for 5 1:43 models would be good value then.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2007 08:34PM by Muks_C.
Date: August 21, 2007 10:01PM
Posted by: IWE
That "Ferrari" reminds me about "Mp4-19" RC car what I did show earlier in this topic..
And next to it is minichamps 1:43 model and some McLaren toycar from McDonald's just as comparisation. :P

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: August 21, 2007 10:18PM
Posted by: danm
i would be tempted to repaint that nicely! :D

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: August 21, 2007 10:28PM
That looks alot like the F2003-GA shape to me lol

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Date: August 21, 2007 10:50PM
Posted by: chet
LOL Kami! Best one ive seen yet.

Otherwise looks a cool RC car. :D

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: August 22, 2007 12:44AM
iCeMaN pAuL Wrote:
> That looks alot like the F2003-GA shape to me lol

my god mclaren were copying the ferrari since 2003 :o ;) I would also be tempted to repaint that...
Date: August 22, 2007 01:39AM
finally finished converting my Alonso Brazilian GP R25 just now. I had got halfway last December and then just left it as i couldn't be bothered anymore. i got it all out a couple of times after that and looked at it, but again lost motivation so put it all away. then today i thought "i must complete it!", so got it out again and started.

this is how much i achieved last December:

before i started:

stripped the Team Spirit logos

something i didn't realise before i went mad with the nail polish remover, the bit that looks white is plastic while most of the rest of the body is metal, so the polish remover just cut through the paint on the plastic bit and exposed the white plastic. oh damn! what to do now?

don't fear, the decal set came with special plain blue decals to go over the plastic bits so you don't need to remove the logos from them, but i didn't realise at the time.

same for the blue bit of the front wing, it's plastic so i could see the black plastic underneath, but the decal set came with plain blue bits to go on the wing so you don't need to remove the TS logos, but i did anyway as you can see from one of the pictures above, you can see black on the wing.

same on the other sidepod:

the rearwing also needed a plain blue decal for the white Mild Seven logo that would be applied later:

i had applied the engine cover and rearwing decals but left it until today.

today i applied all the sidepod decals and the ones on the gloves and the monocoque/nose area, and you can see the right sidepod winglet that fell off while i was handling it last December:

the Mild Seven on the nose/monocoque was a bit tricky to get on, i had to make the holes for the 2 aerials and a long cut for the long aerial thing in the decal, then had to get it over all 3 obstacles and into place. it's not perfect but i couldn't be arsed anymore, i just wanted to finish it. also note the completed frontwing:

there were a few small square MS logos left on the sheet, so I applied them to the gloves to make them look better. there are also MS logos on each upper-arm and one on the chest, but i didn't photograph them.

you can also see the tiny MS logo under the engine cover wing under the t-cam area:

and finally glued the right sidepod's winglet back on:

i just need to find a way to make the sidepods dirty to match the rest of the car, as the nail polish remover removed the dirt effect they applied to the model.

hope you like!

Date: August 22, 2007 02:14AM
Posted by: danm
nice muks!

ill post pics of my custom car after work tomorrow, its currently white base coat :P

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: August 22, 2007 09:32AM
Posted by: Enjoi
nice conversion! maybe for the dirt effect you can try some things with spray paint, might be worth taking all the other dirt off the sidepods first though.

ooh dan, didn't know you'd sprayed it! I've painted my driver for my car, hand painted the helmet...looks alright from far away :p

Ric Scott
Date: August 22, 2007 10:04AM
looks really nice mate.
Date: August 22, 2007 11:17AM
chet Wrote:
> LOL Kami! Best one ive seen yet.
>
> Otherwise looks a cool RC car. :D

Yea I like name Kami Kaze.

Also Mersedes-Benz as "See Daylight" fits somehow after Mp4/18 what didnt see so much daylight.. ;)

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: August 22, 2007 12:43PM
Enjoi Wrote:
> nice conversion! maybe for the dirt effect you can
> try some things with spray paint, might be worth
> taking all the other dirt off the sidepods first
> though.

yeah i thought about removing all the dirt to make it a "clean" car, but a lot of the parts are plastic so i'd need to repaint them again because nail polish remover would strip them so they'd look white. too much hassle for me. and they went overboard with the dirt anyway, the real car after the race wasn't that dirty, it just had some light grease and dirt on the nose and sidepod openings.

i thought about getting some black or dark grey spray paint and light spraying it, but it wouldn't necessarily look like dirt, it might just look like black or grey paint.

a pic of the rearwing:

compared to the original:

and the driver figure with the MS logos on each upper-arm:

something i noticed only yesterday, on the right-hand side, there is a silver plastic rod that "holds up" the rear flip-up:

but on the left-hand sidepod, there isn't one, and there never was one since i bought the model, i checked the photos i took on the day i received the model and it didn't have one:

I need to find a substitute, i thought maybe some thin wire like a paperclip, but it probably wouldn't be thick enough and would bend easily, but it might look ok.

I may make a start on converting either my Canadian GP F2002 150 Ferrari wins, or F2003-GA Canadian GP 999 points Schumacher models.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2007 01:41PM by Muks_C.
Date: August 22, 2007 07:16PM
Posted by: chet
Looks pretty decent muks :D

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: August 22, 2007 07:35PM
finally some pics of the actual Schumacher Monza F248 with driver figure: Click

and my oh my, they actually bothered to make a 3rd place at USA GP 2005 model for Monteiro:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2007 07:43PM by Muks_C.
Date: August 22, 2007 09:42PM
I think they should have released whole starting-grid in same.. Wouldnt cost anyway so much. ;)

Date: August 26, 2007 12:52AM
Posted by: slicer
i have a question, would lego models count as models in this thread?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy