GPGames Forum Scale Model Section

Posted by LS. 
Re: GPGames Forum Scale Model Section
Date: November 19, 2006 06:37PM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
i dont even like the model... in 1;18 the model looks cool but in 1;43 its one big bugger imo

Date: November 19, 2006 09:16PM
Posted by: Muks_C
i just bought the R25 Mild Seven decals on ebay from that guy with the guide to where to place each one, i also bought the 1:43 version too, so i can convert both the 1:18 Brazil R25 and standard 1:43 model.

if you're interested these are the links to both:

1:18 (4 left)
1:43 (2 left)

postage is just £1.95, no matter how many sets you buy, if you're in the UK.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: November 20, 2006 02:34AM
Posted by: LS.
Muks_C Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> that Holy Grail B192 went for £215!!! surely the
> most expensive 1:43 model ever?

your gonna get idiots buying schumacher stuff at the moment coz he retired, wait til its settled down abit and the interest is no longer there, then you'll get your usual priced stuff, the rare items will always hold value but thats ridiculous at the moment.

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: November 20, 2006 08:28AM
Posted by: Karan
yeah 215 pounds for a 1:43 is definitely up there. i guess it all goes with the supply and demand theory at the moment. the most i've seen go was a $650 1:18 of the B193B (around $325 pounds) but i guess that is a pretty rare model anyway.

Date: November 20, 2006 02:18PM
LS. Wrote:
> Muks_C Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > that Holy Grail B192 went for £215!!! surely
> the
> > most expensive 1:43 model ever?
>
>
> your gonna get idiots buying schumacher stuff at
> the moment coz he retired, wait til its settled
> down abit and the interest is no longer there,
> then you'll get your usual priced stuff, the rare
> items will always hold value but thats ridiculous
> at the moment.

yeah, all those fanboys thinking they're gonna be millionaires if they buy his cars then sell them later. they should move over for the real fans like me, i've supported him since 2004 ;)

Date: November 20, 2006 03:17PM
this guy is selling his whole MS collection in 3 parts:

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

he also has a couple of Senna and Kimi models.

Date: November 20, 2006 03:52PM
Posted by: marcl
I have all the early MS cars just like alonso cars right now i could make so much money but there is no way i would part with them.

Any one that had the Jordan MS drove has made loads of money as I saw it for sale for £500 as not many were made.
Date: November 21, 2006 01:05AM
a slight variation of the 2004 belgium gpa F2004 - [cgi.ebay.ca]

im not sure if its a custom job or not, but it does look awfully familiar to a hotwheels version i saw ages ago.

Date: November 21, 2006 07:07PM
that MS figure looks a bit like the Fisi figure from the 2005 Renault Constructors display, but the legs are different, Fisi's are closer together compared to MS': [cgi.ebay.co.uk]

i think it was the 2003 presentation with MS sitting on the side of the car, with the car in silver paint you're thinking of Karan.

this one, but they've swapped MS' head for his helmet:

but his hands have gloves on the ones you showed, so it might be a completely new, or custom figur, but they did make an F2004 display with a pitboard and MS figure, so it might be that, but they've put the pitboard at the back, instead of infront of MS.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2006 07:11PM by Muks_C.
Date: November 21, 2006 07:36PM
Muks_C Wrote:
> but his hands have gloves on the ones you showed,
> so it might be a completely new, or custom figur,
> but they did make an F2004 display with a pitboard
> and MS figure, so it might be that, but they've
> put the pitboard at the back, instead of infront
> of MS.

yes thats the one i mean, been trying to find a stock boxed photo of it but have been unable to do so. i wonder why hotwheels went and made 2 Belgian GP F2004's.

Date: November 21, 2006 07:45PM
i think it's this one:

but they've altered the pitboard writing, from Simply The Best to what it now says.

i think it's definitely a custom.

Date: November 21, 2006 09:05PM
ah yes thats the one. it doesnt look race-aged from that picture and the cardboard backing seems to be the stock one too. i guess overall the MS standing model which we have is probably the better model out of the two eh.

found this nice comparision photo of a 1:12 and 1:18 F310/2 with the high nose, and also a launch version of the F310B

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2006 09:21PM by Karan.
Date: November 23, 2006 07:05PM
which one is the launch F310B? they both have number 1, but the F310B had numbers 5 and 6 for MS and Irvine.

the concept of launch cars is stupid, because they launch the new shape of the car, not the old carshape with the newest livery. i don't remember at the real launch of the F310B them showing us the F310/2 with a newer livery.

look at this, De Cesaris' 200th GP Sauber: [cgi.ebay.co.uk]

oh and for my F2004 1:43 Hungary models, i've stuck to the dull red paint for the midwings, but applied a thin coat of matt varnish, so when they dry i'll post a pic or 2. if it's not shiny enough, i'll add gloss varnish over the top.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2006 07:08PM by Muks_C.
Date: November 23, 2006 08:33PM
Posted by: kizz360
agghh the uglyness :o

Date: November 23, 2006 10:38PM
right, wasn't happy with the matt varnish, so applied the gloss instead, looks much better. even though the flat red is not the correct shade to match the paint already on the car, the gloss varnish helps it blend a bit better, removing the slightly orange tint of the matt red i used.

and look at the crappy way they attached Rubens' front wing, at a funny angle, and because it's riveted rigidly in place, i can't even adjust it. you'd never see that kind of bad build quality on a Minichamps car, these are horrific compared to them.

even Rubens' rearwing seems to be leaning back, but that's plastic so can move forward if you move it, but it doesn't stay there.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2006 10:40PM by Muks_C.
Date: November 24, 2006 12:09AM
Posted by: gary42
Michael's rear wing also looks like it's leaning back Muks

Date: November 24, 2006 12:40AM
yeah, ever so slightly, but the Rubens one is so much more. i guess they took flexi-wings to a whole new level!

applied one side of the engine cover decal on Rubens' car:

applying the other side was more difficult, i couldn't match them up at the ridge perfectly, when i had one on properly, the other moved, so i settled on getting one on, and dried it, so it won't move anymore. had a few goes at doing the other side but stil couldn't do it, because there is a thin bit that goes up between the t-cam and midwing (close to the midwing), so it's difficult to match up both sides at the ridge, and the thin black line at the same time.

got sick of it so have left it, will try again tomorrow.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2006 12:41AM by Muks_C.
Date: November 25, 2006 12:16AM
done most of Rubens' car, just the nametag decal, and the helmet ones to apply. they are small and not perfectly produced, so they look a bit crappy, the others seem ok though, not brilliant, but ok.

(yes, the rear wing is wonky)

seriously though, avoid 1:43's by Mattel like the plague. it's a big shame that Minichamps don't have the Ferrari licence, these models could be awesome.

oh and my 1:18 and 1:43 R25 Mild Seven decals arried today, hope to start the 1:18 Brazil R25 when i finish this Ferrari pair.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2006 12:19AM by Muks_C.
Date: November 26, 2006 02:24AM
Posted by: danm
I decided to treat myself to a christmas present the other day. Naughty, but something I have wanted for a while. I hope LS is proud :)

Item arrived super fast, and the packaging was stunningly good! :) Best treatment I have ever received, and worth the search!

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2006 02:27AM by danm.
Date: November 26, 2006 03:16AM
Posted by: LS.
Very nice Dan, nice to see a Williams model back on show after the thread was polluted by those red cars ;-)

Did you order the other ones?

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2006 03:16AM by LS..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy