> [cgi.ebay.co.uk]-
> Schumacher-Ferrari_W0QQitemZ160050064999QQihZ006QQ
> categoryZ9109QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

here's a much cheaper version of it - [cgi.ebay.ca]
still 4 days to go though

Re: GPGames Forum Scale Model Section
Date: November 13, 2006 11:56PM
Posted by: danm
Muks - i just googled 1:18 cases and it came up with a load - trouble is theyre from america. i asked a few weeks ago on postage but i deleted the email and forgot what he quoted - it was a good deal, but I hadnt any models at that point - wanted to get some before i ordered. ive mailed a few again to see which one it was, ill let you know when i find out!

ive currently got my eye on three 1:18's and theyre b-e-a-uuutifil!

will post here if and when! :)

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: November 13, 2006 11:59PM
(one for LS too!)

Date: November 14, 2006 12:15AM
Posted by: Muks_C
i PM'ed LS about that earlier today!! the exact same one by the looks of it!

does the seller have 2 MS models, a 2000 King of Rain and a 2001 King of Rain? if he does, it is the same exact one!

@ Karan, thanks, will keep a lookout on that one.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2006 12:31AM by Muks_C.
Date: November 14, 2006 12:30AM
yeh i think thats the same one! haha wow what a coincidence!

also, a note for model buying: i am not looking to collect more than a pinchfull, and not particularly looking to sell them in the future for profits really either, i just would like one or two to put hung up on the wall.

are the reasons for the high prices on certain types of the same model due to the edition and boxes they are contained in? ie, promo from the engine company, tyre manufacturer, pre season, first race, mid season livery etc?

Date: November 14, 2006 12:39AM
well for MS, it's his older models that are more expensive, simply because of hwo long ago they were made, so a mint-in-box '96 ferrari will be very expensive, as opposed to a 2006 ferrari.

also the numbers in which they were produced are relativeley less than they are nowadays.

but yes, if you get one with a special promo box from the engine/car/tyre anufacturer, that also makes it rarer so more expensive, like the special Minichamps 1:43's with Michelin branding.

and yes, certain milestone cars for a driver will make it expensive, like a 1st car, 1st win and 1st championship model. the MS '91 Jordan goes for silly money, as does his 1st ferrari and 1st win with ferrari model, especially the Minichamps 1:18's mint-in-box.

even his minichamps 1:43's from '91-'98 go for over £40 on ebay, even more sometimes. with the huge numbers Mattel makes, they wil probably not rise in value as much as the minichamps, but you never know.

and i also don't buy them to make a profit in the future (although it would be nice when i'm 90 to sell them and make some money, or pass them on to any kids or grandkids i may have, if they're interested), but i have a grand vision to have a whole room dedicated to model cars (much like LS' Williams museum in his house).

the Minichamps 1:43 version of Kimi's 1st Win model is very expensive and quite hard to track down, and if you do, no doubt there'll be lots of people interested. the 1:18 is even rarer.

Date: November 14, 2006 01:04AM
Posted by: Karan
can any of you guys post a link to those 1:18 display boxes? interested in a few myself if the price is reasonable :) actually even if theyre selling just a display lid like that one from Grand Prix Miniatures, remember Muks?

Date: November 14, 2006 01:33AM
i can only find these on their site: [www.grandprixlegends.com]

the one that's £14.99 in the bottom-left, in their catalogue, it says you can buy 2 for £19.99.

they don't have the bubble/dome on their site though.

EDIT: oh yes they do, it's £35: [www.grandprixlegends.com]

and Karan, remember i showed you that MS 7 times champion print for only £24.99? well they've now upped the price to £99.99, because he's retired. i should have bought it back then!!!arrggh.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2006 01:35AM by Muks_C.
Date: November 14, 2006 01:34AM
Posted by: R0b3rt0_38
Muks_C a �rit:
-------------------------------------------------------
> well for MS, it's his older models that are more
> expensive, simply because of hwo long ago they
> were made, so a mint-in-box '96 ferrari will be
> very expensive, as opposed to a 2006 ferrari.
>
> also the numbers in which they were produced are
> relativeley less than they are nowadays.
>
> but yes, if you get one with a special promo box
> from the engine/car/tyre anufacturer, that also
> makes it rarer so more expensive, like the special
> Minichamps 1:43's with Michelin branding.
>
> and yes, certain milestone cars for a driver will
> make it expensive, like a 1st car, 1st win and 1st
> championship model. the MS '91 Jordan goes for
> silly money, as does his 1st ferrari and 1st win
> with ferrari model, especially the Minichamps
> 1:18's mint-in-box.
>
> even his minichamps 1:43's from '91-'98 go for
> over £40 on ebay, even more sometimes. with the
> huge numbers Mattel makes, they wil probably not
> rise in value as much as the minichamps, but you
> never know.
>
> and i also don't buy them to make a profit in the
> future (although it would be nice when i'm 90 to
> sell them and make some money, or pass them on to
> any kids or grandkids i may have, if they're
> interested), but i have a grand vision to have a
> whole room dedicated to model cars (much like LS'
> Williams museum in his house).
>
> the Minichamps 1:43 version of Kimi's 1st Win
> model is very expensive and quite hard to track
> down, and if you do, no doubt there'll be lots of
> people interested. the 1:18 is even rarer.

*runs at the shop to buy Alonso's Minardi* ;)

i was thinking to buy it... probably with christmas money... Muks, how much do you think it could cost? (not eBay prices, like GPmini ones...)

oh and I just saw on their site that R26 Hotwheels model costs 70,00 CAD$ compared to Minichamps model witch costs 45,00 CAD$

EDIT: just saw that Minichamps car is 1/43 and Hotwheels is 1/18...

EDIT2: just saw this too (i have read earlier you where searching for...) "CUSTOM ACRYLIC DISPLAY COVER FOR HOTWHEELS 66:66 MODEL 20.00 CAD$" but as i can see, bit expensive...

- - - - -
Roberto - CTDP

www.rob38designs.co.nr

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2006 01:40AM by R0b3rt0_38.
Date: November 14, 2006 01:44AM
we should have bought the Alonso Minardi back in late 2001 or 2002, nowadays it costs at least £60 here.

if you can get it for the equivalent of £20-30, i think you'd be getting a fair deal.

but TorontoMotorSports are re-stocking it in December for $40, so that's a very good price if you want to pre-order.

I think it was Marcl who bought that car when Alonso was new, as someone told him to always buy a rookie's car beause you never know what they'll turn out as.

I missed the boat on that one.

and about the R26, i'd rather have the 1:43 minichamps to be honest, but it depends on your preference and how much you want to spend.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2006 01:45AM by Muks_C.
Date: November 14, 2006 02:37AM
Posted by: Karan
hey muks, that dome display case looks pretty snazzy indeed. as for the regular one, i'd be pretty happy with just the plastic lid but im not sure where to get those except at grand prix miniatures at $20 a piece. the reason for wanting only the lid is, that i'd like to use the base which the model came on. if you ever do come across a store or seller on ebay selling plastic lids for 1:18 models, do let me know :)

Date: November 14, 2006 02:52AM
Posted by: R0b3rt0_38
Muks, check your PM :)

- - - - -
Roberto - CTDP

www.rob38designs.co.nr
Date: November 14, 2006 04:47AM
ewww those dome cases don't appeal to me one bit! i think they look horrid!

Date: November 14, 2006 05:54PM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
yes i also see the the raikkonen 1st win 1:18 is harder to find now

luckily late last year i bought one from ebay in mint condition for £35

Date: November 15, 2006 08:19PM
[cgi.ebay.co.uk]

just. wow! :D

Date: November 15, 2006 08:55PM
this one is also beautiful!

[cgi.ebay.co.uk]

Date: November 15, 2006 09:44PM
Posted by: kizz360
yeah i saw the decals for the star wars rbr on a japanese site,i was wondering how long it would be before one was on ebay ;)

Date: November 15, 2006 10:49PM
i'm very impressed by the Red Bull. Dan, a quick search on google for "Museum Collection decals" brought this: [www.hlj.com]

they might be the same company he got his from, or it might not.

so maybe you can do these conversions too?

i've just started a conversion this evening, the 1:43 F2004 Constructors set from the Hungarian GP.

[img.photobucket.com]
[img.photobucket.com]
[img.photobucket.com]
[img.photobucket.com]
[img.photobucket.com]
[img.photobucket.com]

they have a piece of sticky tape across the 2 covers, acting like a hinge:
[img.photobucket.com]

and they 2 bases fit together with these dimple and recess things: [img.photobucket.com]

started by stripping the white paint, then applied red paint to the white plastic midwing. gonna give another coat or 2 tonight, then maybe a coat of gloss varnish, or a final coat of gloss red enamel paint, i'm not sure yet, will have to check the shade of the red enamel paint i have. (i have the red enamel paint from when i attempted to make a 1:20 F310B model)

the paint i've used so far is just standard matt red acrylic paint, but because it's matt, it looks odd compared to the original glossy red finish of the rest of the car. and it looks slightly orange, so i'm not totally satisfied with it. (it might not appear orange in the photos, but to my eyes it does)

the white paint came off easier than i expected, just a quick rub with a cotton-bud after dipping in nail-varnish remover and it was off. i used about 10 buds, (both ends), and had to paint the tiny amount right under the wing where the bud wouldn't reach.

the layer of white paint was obviously a lot thinner than they apply to the 1:18 models.

what struck me was the level of quality to compared to Minichamps' 1:43 cars, these are very poor. every penny for a Minichamps 1:43 is worth it IMO.

will move onto MS' car next, hopefully get the white off and get a couple of coats of red on tonight.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2006 10:53PM by Muks_C.
Date: November 15, 2006 11:20PM
that box is strange!! look foward to the pics of the conversion on this, love the steps guide, very usefull for us to follow when we do ours! thanks! :)

Date: November 15, 2006 11:59PM
yeah the box is the shape of the Ferrari shield, then both cars fold out into a 1-2 finishline display, obviously with Noobens in 2nd place ;)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy