GPGSL S7 [SEASON COMPLETED!!!] Rule Changes Announced For S8.

Posted by GPGSL 
I like the new thread title :)

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
a note on tables, when two drivers are tied on points, then the peak position (higher race finish) decides who's ahead, if drivers have the same peak position then the driver who has more of them is ahead . same goes for teams
in my case, I am in last place, not 21st.

GPGSL career;
Current team: Team ShadowSubaru, Previous teams: MPR, Minardi
starts:100 Wins: 12, Podiums: 34, Fastest Laps: 14, poles: 12 Points: 708
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP
Stoopid Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I like the new thread title :)

Agreed (and it's quite possibly the only time I will see kanji outside of anime and JPRGs ;))

And just for kicks, here is the romaji and english of what is being said.

私は日本のターニングよ、はい私はそう思う
watashi wa nippon no ta^ningu yo, hai watashi hasō omō
I'm turning Japanese, yes I think so

Kudos to whoever decided on that thread title - even if it doesn't quite match the lyrics to song by the Vapors ;)

BAR#10 Schreef:
> a note on tables, when two drivers are tied on
> points, then the peak position (higher race
> finish) decides who's ahead, if drivers have the
> same peak position then the driver who has more of
> them is ahead . same goes for teams
> in my case, I am in last place, not 21st.

So this means I am supposed to be in 8th place, not 9th But what about me and Ruben Greidanus? Both finished 3rd and 18th..

Race starts: 141 | Points: 886 | Podiums: 35 | Race wins: 10

Follow me on: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
Charrel Wrote:
> BAR#10 Schreef:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > a note on tables, when two drivers are tied on
> > points, then the peak position (higher race
> > finish) decides who's ahead, if drivers have
> the
> > same peak position then the driver who has more
> of
> > them is ahead . same goes for teams
> > in my case, I am in last place, not 21st.
>
> So this means I am supposed to be in 8th place,
> not 9th But what about me and Ruben Greidanus?
> Both finished 3rd and 18th..

Probably the same way it works when two teams have the same stats in football standings - alphabetical order ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2012 11:00PM by Diax F1.
Charrel schrieb:
> BAR#10 Schreef:
> -----
> > a note on tables, when two drivers are tied on
> > points, then the peak position (higher race
> > finish) decides who's ahead, if drivers have
> the
> > same peak position then the driver who has more
> of
> > them is ahead . same goes for teams
> > in my case, I am in last place, not 21st.
>
> So this means I am supposed to be in 8th place,
> not 9th But what about me and Ruben Greidanus?
> Both finished 3rd and 18th..

I'd say there the straw decides. But seriously, that's why a season has 17 and not only 2 races ;-) It's unlikely that after 17 rounds, there are 2 drivers with exactly the same results. And if somebody is 8th or 9th after 2 rounds...who really cares? In Marko's case, being dead last is maybe another story but therefore even more kudos to highlight that. That's a sign of respect and honesty.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Ahh dammit John I will fix that... To be fair I am making a slight other correction so I will do that as well, but thanks for pointing it out :)

And on the positions point... Yeh I was going to put everyone in order properly based on highest position finished, but if you want to know the actual reason I didn't it was... It was quicker not to ;). But dont worry by the end of the season everyone will be placed properly, and if anyone majorly objects to it then from now on I will do it :). I assumed as long as long as the minor details were correct at the end it would be ok lol, I think I brought that up once last season, to the same response by the table maker then.

As for what happen if positions are the same... Urm either alphabetically or by driver number. But if that situation happens at the end of the season, I'll eat my hat ;-)

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
When it's two racers with the same two results, it tends to be the driver who gets the higher result first. So, if two drivers have finished 5th and 8th in the first two Grands Prix, whoever finished 5th in the first race should be ahead of the driver who finished 5th in the second race.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unless I'm very much mistaken... I am very much mistaken!
ところで, 私が持っているはず15ポイント ;)

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
I don't know what everyone is saying now...didn't realise I'd have to learn Japanese.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
The fact that there is Japanese on this page is not lost on the Google adverts... it's turned into kanji ;)

将来的にで書いてくださいは英語、トビアス ;) .... I seriously hope that makes sense ;-)

Incident 2k9 Schreef:
> I don't know what everyone is saying now...didn't
> realise I'd have to learn Japanese.

ちょうどGoogle Translateを使用してください ;)

oensan Owen Edwards
Chillin' in Tōkyō enjoying the local sushi before heading to Suzuka. Got a one-off sponsorship to announce tomorrow. twitpic.com/86ps60
16 minutes ago

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unless I'm very much mistaken... I am very much mistaken!
Pero hablo un poco de Espanol, porque estudiaba la sujeta por los GCSEs. Creo que japonés es muy difícil y no quiero aprender la idioma. Lo siento, voy a hablo en inglés.

Yeah...not sure if the syntax is correct but it was a couple of years ago.

The point is: please, no more Japanese. It's just effort to google translate it...and I'm a lazy bastard at the best of times.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2012 12:02AM by Incident 2k9.
Incident 2k9 Wrote:
> Pero hablo un poco de Espanol, porque estudiaba la
> sujeta por los GCSEs. Creo que japonés es muy
> difícil y no quiero aprender la idioma. Lo
> siento, voy a hablo en inglés.
>
> Yeah...not sure if the syntax is correct but it
> was a couple of years ago.

We say Japanese is hard to learn - how do you think the Japanese feel trying to learn English? Think I remember hearing that English is the hardest language to learn.

Never got a chance to learn Spanish though (learned a bit of French as a preteen/teen, which I have now forgotten as it was over 7 years ago) - and our way of choosing GCSEs was restricted because of timetables.

Incident 2k9 Wrote:
> The point is: please, no more Japanese. It's just
> effort to google translate it...and I'm a lazy
> bastard at the best of times.

Yeah, it's time we started speaking in English again. T'was interesting typing a language that I'd love to learn if I had the time though (and patience - learning all the kanji/katakana/hiragana/romaji for it language, as well as the different ways of saying certain words to be respectful/jovial, would drive me insane at the moment ;))

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2012 12:04AM by Diax F1.
I guess learning a language written in a completely different alphabet is the hardest. Russian would be a pretty good one to learn (I have an F1 Racing mag from 2005 my dad got me in Russia, and I never bought the English version. To this day, the only bit that's understandable to me are the drivers' names). And yeah, I only did Spanish at GCSE because there wasn't enough people wanting to do German to get a class together.

But to be fair, I was never one for languages...always preferred DT and Art.

Incident 2k9 Wrote:
> Pero hablo un poco de Espanol, porque estudiaba la
> sujeta por los GCSEs. Creo que japonés es muy
> difícil y no quiero aprender la idioma. Lo
> siento, voy a hablo en inglés.
>
> Yeah...not sure if the syntax is correct but it
> was a couple of years ago.
>
> The point is: please, no more Japanese. It's just
> effort to google translate it...and I'm a lazy
> bastard at the best of times.

It isn't. It sounds weird. ;-)

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Carlitox Wrote:
> Incident 2k9 Wrote:
> -----
> > Pero hablo un poco de Espanol, porque estudiaba
> la
> > sujeta por los GCSEs. Creo que japonés es muy
> > difícil y no quiero aprender la idioma. Lo
> > siento, voy a hablo en inglés.
> >
> > Yeah...not sure if the syntax is correct but it
> > was a couple of years ago.
> >
> > The point is: please, no more Japanese. It's
> just
> > effort to google translate it...and I'm a lazy
> > bastard at the best of times.
>
>
> It isn't. It sounds weird. ;-)

Good job I gave it up then :)

edit- Decided to stick it into Google translate, that first sentence appears to make no sense whatsoever...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2012 12:42AM by Incident 2k9.
Yeah don't worry. I took the Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English Exam and I still find myself saying stuff like "a people" or "two persons" ;)

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Diax F1 schrieb:
> Think I remember hearing that English is the
> hardest language to learn.

Well, then you either have heard something wrong or whoever told you this had no idea. I'm studying English and part of that is also research on foreign language acquisition. And totally apart from personal differences in language acquisition skills, any language seems to be RATHER similar hard to learn, AS LONG as the lettering is the same as the one in your mother tongue. That is, for most of us, most European and European-rooting languages seem rather similar hard to learn, whereas Asiatic sign languages and even Russian languages with slightly differing lettering are harder to learn.
And yet, compared to other languages English has very few and straight grammar rules and can therefore be considered a RATHER easy language to learn.

Ok, enough off-topic, let's get back to the interesting things in life ;-)

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy