GPGSL S7 [SEASON COMPLETED!!!] Rule Changes Announced For S8.

Posted by GPGSL 
Macca25 schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> MAC RACING
>
> Well done Chris, great drive mate, this shows that
> we have really made a step forward.
> Bad luck Jack, you drove well but unfortunately
> our pit crew seemed to have let you down.
>
> A very promising start to the season without using
> and boost yet. Well done guys.
>
> P.S. Has the deadline for boost for next race been
> set yet.

Today 6pm BST

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
What an awful race

Season 7 standing tables are now added to the GPGSL Wiki

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Great job boys, nice to see a good haul of points.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
kedy89 Wrote:
> Season 7 standing tables are now added to the
> GPGSL Wiki

Okay random fact of the day, just been doing some calculations and the earliest a team could win the championship, if they took a 1-2 finish, pole position, fastest lap and places gained at every race would be round 9, although it would actually mean they needed to take pole at round 10 and then do no more. This is based on their being 31 points maximum available at each round, which totals up to a possible 527 points for the season.

I hasten to add as well that Ive probably got something wrong, long day at work and all that jazz.

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

Sorry for double post but Im loving the way the tables look at the moment. Christel 4th in the constructors and Michael second in the Championship! This will definitely do!

3 points, not bad defitinly an improvment after the first race. but there is more space to improve it. So Maikel, give me more money!! ;)

PC:

Laptop:

Twitter: MisterShine13
Incident 2k9 Schreef:
> Great job boys, nice to see a good haul of points.

Indeed, great race by both Carlos and Rodrigo :)

Gotta be happy to sneak a point since i am currently struggling for pace :)
The tables will all be up tomorrow, so don't worry they will be there, just a heads up for you guys :)

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Boost Announcement

Due to the Gold Coast GP main race only being posted yesterday, applications for team and driver boosts for round 3, Japanese Grand Prix, Suzuka have now been extended to 8pm GMT Friday 13th January. For team boost please use the subject "Team Boost - (team's name) - Suzuka", for drivers boost "Driver Boost - (driver's name) - Suzuka". Boost Applications must be sent to the GPGSL.

SEASON 7 Race Calendar and Weather Percentage

The GPGSL reserves the right to change venues for S7

Round 01: Melbourne - Australian GP - Ed Greenhalgh - Aston Martin Racing
Round 02: Surfers Paradise - Gold Coast GP - Ed Greenhalgh - Aston Martin Racing
Round 03: Suzuka - Japanese GP AI Errors 10 Weather 25%
Round 04: Montreal - Canadian GP AI Errors 40 Weather 50%
Round 05: Road America - United States GP AI Errors 40 Weather 0%
Round 06: Paul Ricard - French GP AI Errors 40 Weather 0%
Round 07: Zandvoort - Dutch GP AI Errors 40 Weather 25%
Round 08: Spa-Francorchamps - Belgian GP AI Errors 40 Weather 75%
Round 09: Dijon - Swiss GP AI Errors 40 Weather 25%
Round 10: Monza - Italian GP AI Errors 40 Weather 0%
Round 11: Imola - San Marino GP AI Errors 40 Weather 0%
Round 12: Interlagos - South American GP AI Errors 40 Weather 25%
Round 13: Phillip Island - Oceanic GP AI Errors 40 Weather 15%
Round 14: A1-Ring - Austrian GP AI Errors 40 Weather 25%
Round 15: Hungaroring - Hungarian GP AI Errors 40 Weather 0%
Round 16: Nürburgring - German GP AI Errors 40 Weather 75%
Round 17: Silverstone - British GP AI Errors 40 Weather 0% Silverstone 2009 by Willb

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2012 09:17PM by GPGSL.
CaptinFranko Wrote:
> Good so far for VXR, Michael is running well in
> 3rd place at the moment, hopefully jack can
> continue moving up the points after surviving his
> early scare.
>
> On the other topic: I concede th point that it is
> just as difficult managing drivers at a "top" team
> as anywhere else but I'll bet you very rarely get
> drivers turn down a race contract to stay on as a
> test driver at a another team. It got to a point
> before the start of last season when it looked
> like it might have to put Connor in one car and
> have him push the other one around.

Only just seen this but... if you think my driving ability is bad (as my GPGSL nickname Connor "cannot" Steer seems to indicate ;-)), then you would not be impressed with my pushing ability ;). Anyway I do think that negotiating contracts for a lower team is slightly harder. I think the fact Chris couldnt find a 2nd tester til the last minute indicates this, and im not saying anything specifically good about me, but if i hadnt resigned early and had chose a higher rated team for this season, he could well have ended up with no testers until the last minute.

As for perfs, i think the first few races demonstrate teams are relatively equal, atleast for now. Maybe something like what Mr Maverick suggested with the ageing can be done to help with drivers perf. But ideally not a reset, as although this could end up boosting me quite a bit forwards (potentially), the first few races would be more of a lottery than they are now

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2012 09:38PM by truecrysis.
As part of a feature by new publication 'Front Wing' on the tester series, Jake Legge spoke publically for the first time since his press conference after his move to ART.

The interviewer was Barry Chuckle.

BC: So, how have you settled in at ART?
JL: Oh, everyone's made me feel really welcome. My welcome present was a branded Kevlar vest just in case I got made a Mafia target. Luckily, I haven't needed it yet...
BC: Are you impressed with the structure of the team?
JL: Of course. Stefan's got a quality group of people here, and he does a great job of running the show. Carlos and Rod are a brilliant pair of drivers, both are incredibly pacy and have potential to go on to great things.
BC: The last two test races have been pretty tough on you. You've had the speed...
JL: (interrupting) ...but not the touch (laughs). No, it's pretty tough when you've battled for points, you get the braking wrong and stuff it up.
BC: You've been on course for the lion's share of points as well...
JL: Well, I worked out that I'd be 3rd in the tester's championship if I'd remained in the places I retired in. It hurts a bit, but there's a whole season to go. And let's be honest, Surfers is a really difficult track. Everyone that kept it out of the wall deserves respect.
BC: You've also got a team (Enigma Motorsports) on the waiting list. What's the plan with that?
JL: The project's taken a back seat. I still hope to get the team into the league in future, but I'm currently working on just improving my driving and working my way up. We have backing from Mitsubishi for the team, but they know too that we'll have to wait a bit.
BC: And lastly, it may be early but what's your plans for next season? Are you targeting a raceseat?
JL: Isn't everyone? I'd love the opportunity, and it would be even sweeter here (at ART) but Carlos and Rod are doing some great jobs, so that's really unlikely. I'd be happy to test here next year as well, as the team's on the up. But you're right, it's too early to say.

This interview took place at Kilimanjaro.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
wow! a great start to the season, hopefully we can keep this pace.

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Bloody awful.

GPGSL Round 2 Gold Coast GP Results

GPGSL Round 2 Gold Coast GP Points Tables

GPGSL Round 2 Gold Coast GP Boost Tables

GPGCL Tables

Fixtures in Race 3:
Group A:
True North Racing - Martini Paddock Racing
Christel VXR - Aston Martin Racing

Group B
Alpha Racing Team - Southern Cross Racing
Snake Motorsports - Team Shadow Subaru

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2012 09:15PM by GPGSL.
Nice tables and I must say both the team position and my own position look really good ;-)

But in the GPGCL there is a mistake. ScalaGP needs a 1 in the PLD column as well.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Oh goodie..we get AMR in the next round of the GPGCL. That should be nice and easy!

Somehow I can actually see a shock on the cards in Group B - given TSS's poor form in the first two races, Snake may snatch a win there. ;)

Also, I wouldn't surprised in the bloody slightest if we have our best race this weekend - you know, seeing as how we're not playing a match this round (D) ;)

Pretty average result for SCR, looking like a midfield season again.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy