GPGSL S7 [SEASON COMPLETED!!!] Rule Changes Announced For S8.

Posted by GPGSL 
Snake Motorsports

Snake Motorsports is finally ready for season 8, only one thing left to reveal would be the team's livery for season 8. However this will still need to pass the tests of the GPGSL and a place for a tyre sponsor is still reserved since it's not known whether Dunlop will stay in GPGSL. We are proud to announce our season 8 line-up. After signing both drivers for S8 Snake Motorsports has attracted a young and talented test and reserve driver.

Dominic Brunner will be aiding our team for season 8. We are very happy that Dominic has accepted our offer and can't wait to start the season off with him in our car! He will also be the official teams reserve driver in case any of our two drivers can't make it to the grid in time!

Full line-up for S8 concluded then:

Driver 1: Connor Steer
Driver 2: Gary Spencer

Test Driver 1: Dominic Brunner
Test Driver 2: Mal Stoddart

Principal: Maikel de Boer

We are much looking forward to season 8 and believe this will definitely be our best one yet, the power is with us!

Signed,

Maikel de Boer, Snake Motorsports CEO

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Stoopid schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> kedy89 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Do you also have a screen of the full results,
> > Stu? :)
>
>
> Ah, I thought no one would notice that ;)
>
> Sorry mate, no I haven't. Paint Shop Pro decided
> it was going to play silly buggers and crash on me
> just as I was doing the results screen :(

Ah, ok. I was just asking because I had planned to do some results tables.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
The GPGSL is very close to a consensus on the rule changes for S8, the new thread for S8 will show the changes in the rules section, and a brief outline will be given in the new thread as well. Tyre choices for S8 will be opened up to more suppliers. The list of suppliers will be listed in the opening post.
Track voting for S8 will commence once the S8 thread is posted. As per tradition, the season opener is at Albert Park Aus, and the final race is at Silverstone UK. There will be 17 races on the calendar. Any track in the public domain, ie; available for download can be voted on. Tracks with bugs already known to the GPGSL will not be used.

Thanks to all of you for your participation in the league, and for your submissions to the rule changes thread. Also special thanks goes out to the members of the GPGSL team, without their effort and commitment to the league, it would not exist. (Insert standing ovation here).

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
mortal Wrote:
> (Insert standing ovation here).

MDBSnake Wrote:
> Snake Motorsports
>
> Snake Motorsports is finally ready for season 8,
> only one thing left to reveal would be the team's
> livery for season 8. However this will still need
> to pass the tests of the GPGSL and a place for a
> tyre sponsor is still reserved since it's not
> known whether Dunlop will stay in GPGSL. We are
> proud to announce our season 8 line-up. After
> signing both drivers for S8 Snake Motorsports has
> attracted a young and talented test and reserve
> driver.
>
> Dominic Brunner will be aiding our team for season
> 8. We are very happy that Dominic has accepted our
> offer and can't wait to start the season off with
> him in our car! He will also be the official teams
> reserve driver in case any of our two drivers
> can't make it to the grid in time!
>
> Full line-up for S8 concluded then:
>
> Driver 1: Connor Steer
> Driver 2: Gary Spencer
>
> Test Driver 1: Dominic Brunner
> Test Driver 2: Mal Stoddart
>
> Principal: Maikel de Boer
>
> We are much looking forward to season 8 and
> believe this will definitely be our best one yet,
> the power is with us!
>
> Signed,
>
> Maikel de Boer, Snake Motorsports CEO
>
> [img443.imageshack.us]
> nssmall.png

Didn't Dominic Brunner sign for ART?

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Stoopid Wrote:
> Didn't Dominic Brunner sign for ART?

Was gonna say so. Boss isn't gonna be happy. :-/

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Carlitox Schreef:
> Stoopid Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Didn't Dominic Brunner sign for ART?
>
> Was gonna say so. Boss isn't gonna be happy. :-/

Dominic asked me if I would allow him to switch to Snake, which I allowed him to do.

But that does mean that we at Alpha have a vacancy open for a testdriver, so anyone interested can contact me.

It looks like this time the problem got solved then. For the future I would ask people though to maybe announce such things beforehand so that such controversies don't even occur.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
I should have made an entry in the story that Dominic was granted to go towards Snake Motorsports, thats my bad.

I'll be more careful next time! Sorry!

Thanks to Stefan for clearing it up though

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
I really can't wait to drive for Snake Motorsport. I hope that my helmet company can finish the new helmet in time. :-)

First podium: S8 Australian GP - 3rd at Testers sprint race
Was on holiday and missed all the action... WOW! P1! Thank you guys, we are who we are! I'm in awe. Can't wait for next season.

____
The series 7 thread is doing well to survive this long. Can't wait for season 8!

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

GPGSL Rules Announcement

The GPGSL have been discussing the many suggestions made by the members of the SuperLeague here and in the Rules Discussion Thread and have decided to make the following rule changes.

1. 10 Point Starter Perf Gap.
No driver will have a starter perf that is 10 points higher than the next driver down after the end of season adjustment. The higher driver's perf will be reduced to 10 points more than the lower driver. This rule has been applied to season 8's starter perfs, but we believe the following rule changes will make this one redundant in future.

2. Points Scoring System.
To close the field up and to help prevent drivers from building perfs much faster than most others, the points scoring system will be changed to that of the old W300. However, perf points will halved and team perfs will still be 1/6th of the team's drivers perf. Therefore, the winner's perf will still improve by 15 as before. This rule change will also help lower teams as everyone on the grid will score points and feel some kind of progression through the season. Only full points will be added to the perf, any .5 perf points will be held over until another .5 perf point is scored.

New Points System.

Position/Championship/Driver Perf
1st / 30pts / 15.0pts
2nd / 25pts / 12.5pts
3rd / 20pts / 10.0pts
4th / 19pts / 9.5pts
5th / 18pts / 9.0pts
6th / 17pts / 8.5pts
7th / 16pts / 8.0pts
8th / 15pts / 7.5pts
9th / 14pts / 7.0pts
10th / 13pts / 6.5pts
11th / 12pts / 6.0pts
12th / 11pts / 5.5pts
13th / 10pts / 5.0pts
14th / 9pts / 4.5pts
15th / 8pts / 4.0pts
16th / 7pts / 3.5pts
17th / 6pts / 3.0pts
18th / 5pts / 2.5pts
19th / 4pts / 2.0pts
20th / 3pts / 1.5pts
21st / 2pts / 1.0pts
22nd / 1pts / 0.5pts

3. Graduated Team Boost.
Instead of allocating all the teams with 24 boost points, graduated points will be distrubuted in order of the WCC standings. Lower teams will get more points to spend compared to the higher ones, as in the table below.

Team 1 +12 BHP
Team 2 +14 BHP
Team 3 +16 BHP
Team 4 +18 BHP
Team 5 +20 BHP
Team 6 +22 BHP
Team 7 +24 BHP
Team 8 +26 BHP
Team 9 +28 BHP
Team 10 +30 BHP
Team 11 +32 BHP

Failure rates in using team boost points will reamin the same.

4. Driver Perf Cap.
There will now be a driver cap of 16150 for the race perf and 16180 for qualifying. If a driver reaches a race perf of 16150, but has a qualy perf of 16170, only his race perf will be capped. His qualy perf will be allowed to improve to 16180. Perfs will still be calculated beyond the cap, just not added until after the last race for the following season's starter perf.

5. One Lap Qualifying.
All races will have a one lap qualifying session as per 2003 Formula One qualifying rules. The running order will be random.

6. One Stop Races.
All races will now be run with one mandatory pitstop as opposed to the previous two. Races will also be reduced from one hour to 40 minutes. Penalties for not completing the required number of stops will remain the same.

7. 19% Rain Chance.
All sessions in a GPGSL weekend will be run with 19% chance of rain, except for tracks in desert countries such as Bahrain, Dubai or Abu Dhabi which will be run with 0% rain.

A reminder.
As Interlagos, Montreal, Monza, Spa-Francorchamps and Suzuka are always voted onto the race calendar it has been decided that these races becaome permanent events along with Melbourne and Silverstone. The remaining 10 venues will be voted for by the members of the series.

Looks like a good set of rule changes. Also i'm very happy with the 'permanent race tracks'.

One lap qualiyfing makes me wonder though. I'm interested if this will get some GP4-style f-upped situations. Overall, Rules look good !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
Now that's a massive change :O I see something I like there. Precisely everything ;)

My GPGSL Career
Do like.

Especially as everybody gets points now...might give us at Demon more of a chance to close up to the established outfits.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Rico Wrote:
> Looks like a good set of rule changes. Also i'm
> very happy with the 'permanent race tracks'.
>
> One lap qualiyfing makes me wonder though. I'm
> interested if this will get some GP4-style f-upped
> situations. Overall, Rules look good !

Well it remains to be seen how this will pan out, but I'm confident that these rules will make a much more competitive season. Obviously if there is something that isn't working we will change it.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Good rules changes.

My aim was to score some points for my first season. Seems I got it yet. ;)

Just as a reminder, I think we agreed that there are also races with higher rain chance values than 19%, eg. Silverstone and Spa. These would get, realistically, still 50% or 75%. The basic thing is that there will be no 0% races anymore (except of desert tracks like Dubai for example), and instead the races will have 19% to allow the possibility of rain, at least.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Season 8 thread is now open.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy